Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,757

JohnnyShoulder

@johncalmc I managed to kill everything in that room, but the key for me was having Rotgland Lobber at about level 15. That destroyed everything in that room really easily, and even made short work of the big sentinel. I did go through biomes 1 and 2 to get everything up to a decent level. That is when I also beat the boss too.

You can absolutely do a runner though, but everything you haven't killed does come up after you, so don't hang around for too long.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

Not sure if this is bragging or admitting I don’t have common sense but I beat everything in that room every time
I don’t think I ever died there (unlike some other rooms in the bridge control tower).

Voltan

Thrillho

I don’t even remember that room on the one run of biome 3 I needed @Voltan

Thrillho

johncalmc

I did two runs where I got to the level 3 boss last night - one where I cleared out the first two biomes and bought loads of upgrades, and one where I ran as fast as I could and dodges all the enemies I could, and I did about the same on the boss both times.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JigsawPieces

@johncalmc Sounds like progress! If you're getting to the boss repeatedly, I'm sure it's just a matter of time now until you take him out.

YMMV, but I found it really helped to watch some good videos of the boss fight, so I could take in what's going on without the pressure of trying to survive at the same time. I like this one: https://youtu.be/lvJfwEksOv4

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

render

@johncalmc The hard part is getting there so I agree, that does sound like progress. I found with that boss, when I first did it, that the first two stages weren’t too bad but the third threw a bit more at you. It’s made easier if you just remember that you are invincible when you grapple, so when you see stuff coming towards you make sure you’ve identified a grapple point to get you out of there.

render

JohnnyShoulder

@johncalmc Yep @render is bang on, use the platforms and grapple to your advantage. I think I beat it on my third attempt and found it relatively easy.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JigsawPieces

@JohnnyShoulder @render In the third stage, as well as the grappling, I found I was using the platforms themselves a lot to shield me. (Especially the first time I beat the boss, where I was desparately short of health but had one of those slow-healing-at-low-integrity perks.)

JigsawPieces

render

@JigsawPieces Good suggestion, they can provide some cover especially the closer you get.

render

render

@adrianthealchemist Seems to be every game has got issues at the moment. Hopefully you can get that sorted and not lose anything.

render

JohnnyShoulder

@adrianthealchemist Returnal has infected R + C as it won't let you stop playing.

JigsawPieces

Argh!

Had a really good run through biomes 2 and 3 this evening - found 4 ciphers, completing the biome 3 survey and getting me closer to completing the biome 2 one, and killed both bosses.

Then when I exited the game, it crashed and locked the ps5 up. Couldn't shut it down, had to repair storage afterwards, and then my Returnal saved game was corrupted. It restored one from somewhere, but it was from the 12th of May!

I've restored my cloud save back over it, so in the end I've only lost what I did this evening. But still, scary stuff and a bit frustrating.

JigsawPieces

render

@JigsawPieces You’ve got my sympathy there. Same as both me and the wife have had. I’m convinced that there’s something amiss with when it’s writing to disk that’s causing that corruption.

Also same we had in the restore in that it seems to get a backup from somewhere but it’s not the same as the one on the cloud. It’s annoying that PS+ doesn’t extend to family accounts though as I’m the ps+ account holder then only I get the cloud saves. The wife lost a bit more progress because of that.

Hope you get those things back that you lost.

render

johncalmc

I'm into the sixth area now. It has taken me an outrageous amount of time to get here. I got through the third area straight away after following the advice here of just running through the last room before the boss. Then I beat the fourth area on my first go, and the fifth in three or four attempts, and then got to what I assume is the room before the boss of the sixth area - a lockdown room with LOADS of enemies - on the first try too but was sadly turned into mincemeat. Gonna have another bash at it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Thrillho

@johncalmc It’s so weird how people bottleneck at different points. I got through biome 3 on my first go but took forever to get out of 4.

6 is quite fun but the enemies that give out malfunctions are a nightmare.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho The tracking on those things are a right pain in the backside!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

render

@johncalmc Great progress. I found 4-6 a load easier party because I’d got some good traits going on but I think by then I’d also got into the groove a bit more.

Won’t be long before you’ve cleared 6 as well and then you can really start having fun.

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic