Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 4,481 to 4,500 of 4,717

nessisonett

@AgentCooper Day of the Devs was like an instant switch to what the industry’s actually like for a large number of devs complete with a much more diverse group of guests. Geoff’s shows are corporate so attract the corporate guys. Some great games were showed off there as well, Baby Steps by Bennett Foddy looks great and I’ve been following his stuff since the Flash game days.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Bundersvessel

@nessisonett To be fair, I don’t know know why I even watch SGF/TGA I’m always underwhelmed. Day of the Devs is always where I’m most excited about the medium. Baby Steps looks truly fantastic, the kind of irreverent fun I’m looking for. I’m kicking myself looking at my 2022 list though as most of the games I liked the look of have only made it to Switch and I sold mine in January 🤦‍♂️

MaulTsir

@Bentleyma I'm actually so unbelievably excited for this it's been a long time since a game has got me looking forward to a release! I will be picking this up straight away, Ragnarok I was excited for but I even waited for Christmas for that one, this one I just can't wait for.

And I hear your progress from the Demo carries over, I very rarely try Demos but I'll be jumping on this tomorrow! I've made sure that I've finished all my story driven games so I can concentrate on this, I even held off buying Diablo IV so I didn't have any other distractions 😅

MaulTsir

Pizzamorg

Got the demo downloading now, hype!

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Kidfried

I just found out PMG made this amazing documentary about the Disco Elysium and everything that has happened there since the game's release. It's weird how the story surrounding the implosion of ZAUM in itself kind of became Disco Elysium 2... but without the jokes.

It's diffiicult to make sense of it all.

Kidfried

Th3solution

Out of curiosity, I wonder how many people actually adjust the controller settings when given the option.

I almost always keep the game’s default controls, even when they aren’t initially intuitive. I’m not sure why I don’t customize. I guess I figure I want to experience the game the way the developer intended…? Or perhaps I’m just too lazy.

The thought occurred to me because after recently playing a few action games that use face buttons for attacks, I know I’m going to have to rewire my brain back to using the triggers for attacks whenever I go back to a FromSoft game.

Do you remap your controller inputs?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nitram2k11

always remap dodge to O and attacks to R1 & R2 (if possible), the rest I leave as is.

nitram2k11

PSN: nitram2k11

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Only when needed, something like if I feel like the aiming feels too loose or sluggish.

Nothing to do with control settings, but I recently found out what a game changer fiddling with FOV can be, when I recently played a racing game. I forgotten to check on games I've played since though! 😆

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I'll only remap commands in extreme circumstances. I'll start off with the default controls and if I'm still struggling after a couple hours, I'll cave (if the option is available).

I think "brain re-wiring" is part of every game's learning curve, or at least used to be. Nowadays there's a lot more commonality in game design (particularly when you're sticking to the same genre) so the differences stick out a lot more. Back on PSone you could pick three shooters and one'd have you pressing R1 to fire, the second would do the same with Square and the third would be Cross.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Specifically says that the footage is captured on a PS5, which is great, as you can definitely see the graphical upgrade from UNS 4 in some shots.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

Hurrah! I’ve been waiting ages, but it looks like Oceanhorn 2 is finally coming to PlayStation at some point!

I know most people won’t care, but I’ve been wanting to play this quite a lot! I even put off buying it on Switch because I wanted to play the best version.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

nessisonett

@get2sammyb The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is randomly now on PS4 which I don’t think I’ve seen reported. Just a heads up, there’s a few of us here that like those games!

nessisonett

@Bentleyma Definitely a strange one 😂

Bentleyma

The VO definitely doesn’t do the trailer any favours, but this looks pretty good.

It’s out at the end of the month. I’m a fan of the developers previous games, so I might give it a try.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

KilloWertz

My initial complaint is a bit more silly. If you're going to have the R be backwards in part of the title, why not have it be backwards in all of it?

I had never heard of the game until now, but hopefully it turns out to be good. I could see myself playing it at some point if so.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

sorteddan

@TabulaRasa
I love my PS5 and hope it will last for years to come. However if I was thinking of getting one right now I would probably at least wait until the new ones specs are announced so I could make an informed decision on whether to get the base one of the new model. It's hard to say without knowing exactly what it is.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic