Forums

Topic: How Much Would You Pay for the PS5?

Posts 101 to 120 of 125

PSVR_lover

A PC would run $1399 easy or more. I go for $449 myself.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

icecube

I'm dating 499 for disc option (same for Xbox) and 449 for digital only.

icecube

Bolt_Strike

$499 for the physical version or no sale. I don't want the digital version because I want to actually own my games and anything more than $499 is too expensive to be worth it. If it ends up being more than that, I'm probably going to wait a year or two and see if I can get it on a Black Friday sale or something.

Bolt_Strike

MuhBael

My limit is $600 but im confident the console will be around $499. That said if the console ends up being $600 I'll have to wait 1 or 2 years for the cheaper Slim version.

MuhBael

KidRyan

Despite hearing and seeing all of the recent rumors and dummy/fake listings, I still have high hopes Sony can manage to launch this at $500.

However if it comes down to it, I'll happily pay $600! I must play the Spider-Man: Miles Morales spinoff game without being spoilered first.

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Vahla_Hanesh

I'd be happy with 500, seems like the right amount. I know people are saying that the specs would make it higher than that because of the equivalency with a gaming PC, but it's not a gaming PC at all. The fact that it is a console with locked in features means it should be cheaper than a PC.

I won't buy it on release this time as I did with the PS4. The first model I had was so temperamental, with its crazy screaming fan and spitting out discs randomly. Couple of years down the line I upgraded to the Pro and it was much better, but I did feel a bit annoyed about spending so much money on release for the headaches it gave me.

Vahla_Hanesh

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I wouldn't pay much attention to these leaks we are seeing from retailers. I've seen anything from 399 to 699. One of them maybe right, but that will be down to just luck and coincidence, not to them knowing any inside information.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

johncalmc

If it's £500 then that seems reasonable. Obviously it would be ace if it was less. But inflation etc.

£600 would be pushing it but I'd still buy it. Any more and I'd have to question my life choices. Especially as I'll be buying two of them so my girlfriend doesn't get jel.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

I think £500 is likely for the disc version - that is what I am planning for with my tiny savings. I do think the digital one will be a fair bit cheaper because a digital edition locks a user into the Playstation store and they will make so much more money off that customer in the long run.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

TheDude89

The bill of materials is estimated at $450 which converts to £364. Allowing for manufacture, packaging and distribution a cost of around £400 per unit seems likely. With software, accessories and continued sales of the PS4 which will be around for at least another year they can afford to take a hit if they want and sell at a loss initially. It all depends on how aggressive Sony want to be, how quickly they want PS4 owners to make the switch and to an extent what MS do because they can afford to lose a lot of money per console if they choose.

I think we'll see Sony taking a balanced approach at launch and sell at £399.99 for the digital edition and £499.99 for the disc drive model. They need to leave room for future price cuts and they'll want to imply a clear difference between PS4 and PS5. They're also a business and the console war is only forums not boardrooms, at these prices they can probably make a profit per unit on the disc model and break even or profit on the digital edition. They do of course have the giant revenue stream from PS Network which could offer more flexibility.

If they were to come out aggressively then I think £349.99 for the digital and £399.99 for the disc model.

For me personally the cost of the machine is irrelevant. I would like the disc model to be no more than £499.99 but have spent two years financially preparing for PS5.

TheDude89

HotGoomba

$400-$450 with only the (disc) console and need accessories

$450-$500 with a bundle, preferably a game like Miles Morales or Ratchet and Clank.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Untitled

As my ps4 is on its last legs (I've had the blinking blue light of death a couple of times) and I'm not confident that it will last a great deal longer, I've decided to get a PS5 at launch. Not sure if there is a price which would put me off, but i am pretty sure it won't be a super high price.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I'm not too bothered about launch games as I can hopefully play most of my PS4 games. Date would be good to know so I can book time off work as I will most likely order it from Amazon.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Yeah I won't only be playing PS4 games on my PS5, just maybe when they are quieter periods and there are no games that I fancy on PS5. Plus it will be good to play them with whatever boost is available on PS5.

Not sure what the climate will be like when the console is released in regards to covid 19, it could be that stores will not be open. And I don't really fancy lugging round a 500 quid console on the buses.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I did go into a store to get my PS4 though and lugged it home on the bus. Think it was a bit of an impulse buy and didn't think it through properly. Plus the PS5 looks to be a bit of a beast.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Yeah I'm gonna need a cherry picker to get it into my flat.

Ryall

@Arugula @JohnnyShoulder I launched a PS4 went in my bike basket no problem. Admittedly I had a long walk back pushing my bike. Do you think I won’t be able to get away with that again for the PS5?

Ryall

JohnnyShoulder

@Ryall Think you might struggle with the PS5. Or get a bigger bike.

TheRedComet

Dang man I couldn’t imagine not owning a car. You have to where I live in the States. I drive 38 miles to work one way every day.

TheRedComet

TheFrenchiestFry

I'd say probably 500 max. Granted, I bet it's probably going to be around that range officially but at least for the standard edition with a disc drive, that sounds about right. Thing looks like it'll be a bulky ***** that gives the launch PS3 a run for its money though.

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.