Forums

Topic: Honkai Star Rail

Posts 101 to 120 of 401

themightyant

@z0d15g0d me neither. She’s just not top of my list I’ve saving for Jingliu and Fu Xuan and maybe Luocha or DHIL… plus new Penacony characters. I’d like her, I just want other characters more.

Very light Spoilers in case you haven’t been following drip-fed marketing and leaks.

Sparkle is a Quantum Harmony support who might complete a Mono-Quantum team like Seele, Silver Wolf, Fu Xuan, Sparkle.

Black Swan is a Wind Nihlity DPS

I’m already up to 40 pity and have almost 50 wishes banked but will have more by the time 2.0 comes round to probably 100% guarantee one. Two if I win the 50:50s and pay for the daily wishes.

Re: Jing Yuan I honestly think they are waiting to re-run his banner as he keeps getting stronger with each patch. By the time they re-run it more people will spend.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

z0d15g0d

A full 5* mono Quantum team does sound nice. If Jingliu rerun is close then I'd rather save for her also. I'll leave dot team building to the future. Do we know when 2.0 will launch roughly?

z0d15g0d

Shigurui

So I decided to use the 20 pulls I had to see if I could maybe get a few copies of A Secret Vow as mine is s1. I've only ever made 21 pulls in total on any LC banner and those were just leftovers from my Argenti pulls and I got nothing so I'm at 21 pity, first 10 pull I ended up with this..

WTF?...

Untitled

Happy days lol. I broke the bank to max it out but here's my Blade.

Untitled

The luck I've had on my account is absolutely crazy, I know it won't last but I'll take what's coming, really can't complain.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

z0d15g0d

@Shigurui Wow that's some amazing luck. Hope it continues well into the future. That's a great build for Blade. Almost 9K HP is great as his damage scales off HP%.

z0d15g0d

themightyant

@z0d15g0d 2.0 should launch around Feb 7th. (A patch around every 6 weeks)

@Shigurui Insane luck. Congrats. Build looks really strong.

I didn’t have much luck with farming Genius pieces for Seele, I only used a little more Fuel but still it’s always frustrating to get nothing.

So I ended up salvaging some of those and crafted 5 pieces for 500 relic remains including 1 ATK Boots (with 1 self-modelling resin) and also got 1 useable head piece from the rest. I was going to save the S-M resin but got impatient - The ATK piece I had before was 4-star and it had no substats I needed.

Have you guys used yours? If so what did you use it for?

The boots are still not a great piece, most substats aren’t what I need, but it did roll Crit DMG a few times which I desperately needed and is an upgrade. Also got a new 5 star Head that has a few rolls of Crit Rate, ATK % and Effect Res (always useful).

All in all it’s upgraded my Seele a little to:

ATK 2787 (+49)
SPD 122 (-2 still over 121 break point, before other buffs)
CR 56.3 (+9.1)
CD 107.1% (+10.3)

Modest gains but there’s a chance for a little more on these pieces as both are only Lv12. I’m too poor now, in money and materials, to take them Lv15. lol. It literally costs as much in money and materials to take them from 0-12 as it does from 12-15. After I’ve given Dr Ratio and maybe Himeko a scratch set I will come back.

The bigger gain on my account is levelling Ruan Mei. She’s not fully built yet, still has a scratch set of relics on her, and traces are only 3/7/7/4, but already it’s a big damage boost. In a team with Tingyun Seele is hitting for around 10k more on Crit when buffed.

themightyant

themightyant

One other thing I realised is I built my Ruan Mei slightly wrong.

All the guides say to get her to 180 Break Effect because her A6 gives 6% DMG boost to all party members (up to a max of 36%) for every 10% of BE over 120%. So 180% is the max you gain this buff from.

What they DON’T tell you is that her A2 - which adds 20% Break Effect to every character in the party - ONLY shows in stats in battle so in fact you only have to get her to 160 in the menu stats.

Thankfully I’m only using a temporary scratch set, no farming done, but I could have used a different mix of relics and ornaments that buffed other characters. Room to grow.

She seems insane when you also consider how much she buffs ALL the team. In total 68% DMG, 25% all-type Resistance Penetration, 10% SPD, 20% Break Effect, helping allies to toughness break enemies and then both damages them AND delays their actions again on top of that.

themightyant

Shigurui

@z0d15g0d - Yeah that luck is stupid good, I'm genuinely stunned I got his LC. I would've been really happy with even one copy of Secret Vow but getting his signature is nuts on a ten pull with the small amount of pity I had. For balance though I lost the 50/50 on my alt account pulling for Ruan Mei and got Himeko, I'll take the guarantee on a future banner so no complaints really.

@themightyant - I've noticed that on a few guides where real time kit buffs aren't factored into things, I guess with her being new it got overlooked. As for resin I've used a few on boots for Jingliu with zero sub stat luck, they rolled with 4 utterly garbage subs so I couldn't even +3 them for a new sub stat, basically wasted the resin. I love that we can craft with a guaranteed main stat but I'd like to be able to use 3 resin and guarantee a main and one sub. I want too much lol.

Shigurui

So we just got our free Dr Ratio @themightyant @z0d15g0d, what team comps will you guys be putting him in? I won't be building him on my main account for a good while as I simply don't have the resources but definitely building him on my alt which is sorely lacking a solid DPS carry, until now!

I'll be putting him with Silver Wolf, Topaz and a flex, maybe Bronya or a healer. Undecided on the last slot tbh. What do you plan on doing?

themightyant

@Shigurui Started to build him but ran out of credits again. Still I levelled him to Lv 75. 2/5/5/5 with about half his other traces done. Equipped Sleep like the Dead at Lv 80 and a reasonable set of 4 and 5-star relics of Musketeer of Wild Wheat and Space Sealing Station. These aren't his best in slot but are mathematically only 1-2 percentage points behind each so it's a decent alternative and one I actually have. As often good substats will be more important... not that I have those yet either. lol

My relic farming continues to suck and I didn't get any useable pieces farming domains or SU Worlds this week. I thought I got a god roll Inert Salsotto piece with Imaginary DMG main stat and both Crit rate & Crit DMG... but then I realised it was Belobog of the Architects, not Inert Salsotto... not great substats for a defence set like Belobog.

I did use another self modelling resin to get another pair of SPD Boots and got lucky getting both Crit rate and Crit DMG on the substats, then a couple more rolls into those levelling it to 12. It's around 21 Crit Value with a roll to go.

My current half build is roughly around (from memory)

• ATK: 2650
  • SPD: 134 (exactly)
  • CR: 50%
  • CD: 100%

before any in battle buffs, give or take a few points. So PLENTY of room to grow.

Topaz and Silver Wolf is a beastly team for him, i've seen vidoes of them setting off each others follow up attacks repeatedly. I'll be running him with SW and probably Asta (her skill burns which is a debuff) or Welt + flex/healer. I don't have Yukong built yet for a mono-imaginary team... or have Luocha... but those are possible with SW. But Yukong has an annoying skill that requires very careful speed tuning, which can easily be messed up in battle.

themightyant

themightyant

@z0d15g0d Did you get any further with Pure Fiction? I had another go with a half built lv 60 Himeko, I got a few more stars (now 3 total) and got to 29,600 on Stage 3, just 400 short of clearing it. Damn it! A few more Hineko upgrades and I should be able to get to beat Stage 3 but I heard Stage 4 is super hard.

I'd be happy for now if I can get the rewards for clearing Stage 3, and get 6 stars across the first 3 stages. I think that is about all I can hope for until my account is more built.

themightyant

z0d15g0d

@Shigurui I think I will have him as a sub DPS till he is fully built. I've got wastelander and salsotto relics but not the best substats on them. I had him on Mono Imaginary team during the story mission. Ratio, SilverWolf, DHIL, Luocha. I'll be doing the same again. I'm using Cruising the Stellar Sea S5 LC at the mo while I pull for his SLC. He's teamed with Pela in aptitude showcase and practically does a followup every turn so when I've built him well enough I'll try teams with Pela & SilverWolf.
@themightyant Yea I just can't get Yukong's speed tuning down. Feels like she's always wasting SP so she's in the back till she's E6 and gets free bowstring from ult.

Edited on by z0d15g0d

z0d15g0d

z0d15g0d

@themightyant I managed to get 1 star in stage 4 (48797) points and 2 stars in stage 3. I'm still trying to fine tune a team with all erudition and support characters but they seem to keep falling over each other and not getting the best out of the PF buffs. Yea I run out of turns by the time I get to the boss characters.

Edited on by z0d15g0d

z0d15g0d

themightyant

@z0d15g0d Good shout. I hadn't realised her E6 does that, that's a solid upgrade and almost fixes her. Shame they slightly borked her kit before E6, it's just too easy for enemies to mess with your turn order especially in later game content with longer battles.

But i'm not a fan of characters that rely on things to go right like that, or ones that require even more luck/RNG than normal like QQ. One for the gamblers.

themightyant

Shigurui

@themightyant - That's a rock solid start point for DrR, looking good so far. Nice you got those subs on the boots too. Resin crafting hates me lol. I'm looking forward to trying that Topaz and SW team though I'm having to steal Stellar Sea LC off Topaz to give to him.

@z0d15g0d - Does Pela debuff anything besides def shred? I've never used her so don't really know her kit very well but I guess she's a great addition to a Silver Wolf comp. Between SW's bugs and Pela's def shredding that seems like a great combination.

themightyant

@Shigurui In certain situations can Pela Freeze enemies? That would be another debuff.

Though freezing actually shortens the time debuffs occur for (in short because their first turn they can't act, but their second turn, when they recover from Frozen, is only delayed by 50% not the usual 50%) so they have two turns faster. If you are specifically aiming for debuffs freeze isn't the best one in some respects.

Always frustrating when you have to take a piece of one built character to give to another, whether it's a lightcone or relic. That's actually why I crafted the speed boots. I didn't want to take them off Tingyun as I have her speed nicely tuned right now for Seele.

themightyant

z0d15g0d

@themightyant I used QQ in the early days before the Seele rerun and she was decent for early game but her SP consumption meant you could never support her properly. I too am not a fan of RNG gameplay mechanics.

z0d15g0d

z0d15g0d

@Shigurui My Pela is built with a very high EHR and energy rope so she pretty much has an ult every turn and debuffs and freezes. Her E4 also debuffs with reduced ice RES by 12% for 2 turns when she uses her skill. @themightyant is right that the freeze debuff reduces the "exposed" debuff by 1 turn but since she ults every turn it's semi permanent throughout the fight. It's probably why she ends up getting targeted all the time lol. With DrR once the freeze debuff activates it triggers his followup so as that is constantly getting triggered each turn so does his. With SW stacking debuffs he might be able to get up to 100% followup trigger rate.

Edited on by z0d15g0d

z0d15g0d

themightyant

@z0d15g0d Re: hidden taunt values. I looked into this and it's seems it's supposed to be...

• The Erudition: 75
  • The Hunt: 75
  • The Abundance: 100
  • The Harmony: 100
  • The Nihility: 100
  • The Destruction: 125
  • The Preservation: 150

But that doesn't explain why my harmony characters, especially Tingyun, gets targeted so frequently... but it does mean getting HP% and DEF% substats are almost like God rolls for them. lol

themightyant

z0d15g0d

@themightyant Nice! where did you find these stats?

Lol yea Tingyun gets bullied a lot. I'm starting to think there's a mechanic in the background that makes npc's hunt the team MVP similar to how Svarogs Metal Hand summon captures the MVP during battle. If that operates on RNG then mine is the worst as he always captures who I rely on the most.

Edited on by z0d15g0d

z0d15g0d

Shigurui

@z0d15g0d - Might have to build her at some point, that ult uptime is seriously impressive! Never gave her a second look tbh.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic