Forums

Topic: Hades.

Posts 161 to 180 of 201

R1spam

@render great job on the platinum! They have handled drip feeding story contents through both success and failure in an amazing way. I think I've only seen one line of dialogue repeated by Skelly thus far. That's an amazing feat in itself. The modify game unlock really reminds me of Bastion, where you could modify your strengths/weakness for gameplay rewards. Supergiant are some crazy talented people.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

CJD87

@R1spam Well done on the clear! From memory, I think I was roughly same number of deaths before my 1st success run also... (early-mid 30s).

Phenomenal game, and really refreshing to see a new IP that serves as a more 'mainstream' gateway into the relatively niche roguelite genre. SG did an amazing job, and for me this was well deserving of GOTY last year (I appreciate TLOU p2 is solid, but Hades is in a different league IMO!)

I played on Switch also, and am still dropping in/out for a few runs a week - just playing around with different weapons/aspects and messing with the mirror options/tweaks etc.

Just a great/fun game, and v impressive how the narrative is weaved into the rogue-nature of the game... unfolding more after each death.

Did you pick up on PS4/5 as well? I don't really have the cash to double-dip, but I bet the trophy-chasing on PS is great fun

CJD87

render

@R1spam @CJD87 It's a great effort from SG. It's the first game I've played of there's but will definitely look into their back catalogue and look out for any new releases. For £20 it's a game that's no only good fun but also great value.

I was fully committed to playing it at first then dropped off for a bit as other games came and went, but because of it's nature I've kind of dipped in and out of it without feeling like it's impacted what I've got out of it. It's been good to just have a quick run every now and the trophies have definitely helped me keep going. The last few I had were getting Skelly's second prize and getting a loyalty card. I had to get up to heat level 16 to get the first one which proved to be harder than I thought. I blitzed through most levels to 15 and then in typical fashion it must have taken me 4 failed attempts to get over the line. The third prize isn't a trophy but it's there staring at me at heat level 32. Do I keep going? 😆

render

CJD87

@render Totally agree, tremendous value for money - even if you decided to call it quits after the first clear! And yes its a great 'side dish' to anything else you're playing, without seeming intrusive.

Wow heat #32.... get it done!!

CJD87

R1spam

@CJD87 I've not picked it up on ps but I could try it on series x on gamepass but I've been so focussed on making progress the the thought of going back to the start to try it out has filled me with dread! It's a shame the cross-save is only between pc and switch. @Render, I think Bastion is regularly on sale for less than £3 and would recommend as you can see some of the ideas in it were refined for hades. Great story, gameplay is good with decent enemy variety and the best narrator in any game I've played!

render

@CJD87 I feel it’s a way off but 32 must be doable right!! 😁

@R1spam Cheers for the suggestion, just grabbed it at 2.99.

render

JohnnyShoulder

@render I really enjoyed Transistor and thought the soundtrack was outstanding!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

CJD87

@R1spam @JohnnyShoulder - I picked up both Bastion/Transistor on Switch eshop at ridiculously low prices!

Havent started either, as I'm currently a few hours into Metroid and wanting to polish that off first...

What is the better game out of the 2? So much to juggle right now...

On switch currently playing Dread, and then moving to — - -> Transistor/Bastion (cant decide which next), alongside N64 catalogue when released.

Then on PS, finishing Act3 on Returnal and then moving to - - -> Kena - - > DeS - - -> ??? (Maybe REVillage, not sure)

Thanks!

CJD87

R1spam

@CJD87 I've not played transistor yet, it's on my to play list so can't comment but Bastion was there first game so might be worth a look when you get a chance. I'm going to start metroid dread today and am really looking forward to it!! Hope you've been enjoying it. You got some good games to play there!! Great problems to have. I keep waiting on them dropping a save function into returnal (hopefully like the hades one) so I can get to switch between games while playing it. @Render hope you enjoy it, at that price it's a steal!

render

@JohnnyShoulder @CJD87 @R1spam Transistor was on sale for £3.75 so just grabbed that as well 👍

Have been hearing good things about Metroid Dread but not got a Switch so no chance to try it out. That might change soon though as we are thinking of getting one for the kids for Christmas. I'd have to test it out though to make sure it's ok of course 😆

render

CJD87

@render

Dread is great mate, and quite refreshing that it has a difficulty curve... quite a 'mature' offering, considering Nintendo IP etc. Probably not worth the admission price alone for purchasing a Switch... BUT the back-catalogue is looking good with some classics! Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Monster Hunter Rise etc I travel for work, so play a lot on the move (how i justified the purchase ha!)

But genuinely I love the Switch, v different to PS, but a brilliant piece of kit

CJD87

JohnnyShoulder

@CJD87 I bounced of Bastion pretty quickly but really enjoyed Transistor.

@render I hardly use my Switch these days and mostly use it as a demo machine to try out games which I then buy on PlayStation lol.

It is probably only me, but Metroid Dread looks awfully generic to other games of genre. I maybe feel differently if ever played it, but not something I'm willing to drop 50 - 60 quid on.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

render

@CJD87 @JohnnyShoulder I've ended up with just a PlayStation for the past few gens so not really thought about gaming outside of that. Lately though the PS5 is so popular with the other members of the family I'm having to share a lot more. I'm hoping that buying a Switch might mean I can actually get the PS5 to myself 🤣

render

JohnnyShoulder

@render This is the first time since I had an N64 and a PlayStation that I've had multiple consoles. I won't be doing that again though as there are more than enough games on PS to keep me busy, and I've learnt to accept there will be games I will miss out on.

That is a good ploy though to get you more gaming time. Hopefully it works!

CJD87

@JohnnyShoulder That's interesting to hear your take on Bastion v Transistor... it seems a lot of people seem to favour one quite substantially over the other (although seems fairly 50/50 on which is the preference). I almost wish I'd played both prior to Hades, as I imagine both perhaps seem a 'step down' in comparison.

Dread is good, and definitely a solid entry in the franchise... BUT even as a longterm fan, I must confess the pricing point is a bit of a sore point. I think £30 GBP would have been far more reasonable. Funnily enough, it still doesn't top Hollow Knight for me! But nonetheless, Dread is pretty good and would be well worth a pickup in a sale and/or second hand.

CJD87

Kidfried

@CJD87 Bastion is way way better in my opinion.

Transistor is a bit pretentious. It's very complex from the offset, but after repeated place you'll find that there just isn't too much there.

Bastion is just pure fun, like Hades.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Oh, and I 100%ed Hades half an hour ago. I got the platinum and pretty much all the challenges and maxing out stats done.

It was a lot of work. But the hardest of all was freeing Sisyphus, took me ages to find out that you actually need to talk to his rock. I just thought the rock being there was pure flavour. After I found that out on the internet, while already having maxed everything else, I had to just grind through the first world about twenty times, to talk to his friggin' rock. Dang.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried You mean you weren’t gifting Bouldy some sweet sweet Nectar? I found out you could do that and then did it every single time afterwards 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@Kidfried @nessisonett Damn you've been missing out on some sweet rewards all this time. I just love the name of the reward you get, "You believe in Bouldy, and Bouldy believes in you".

Which reminds me I meant to mention a great build I had just before I platinumed the game. I managed to get both lightning strike and doom revenge damage and levelled it up a few times. That coupled with a bit of damage resistance from bouldy as well as a damage resistance boon meant that anything that hit me didn't do too much damage and basically exploded right in front of me. Being bad at not getting hit has never been so much fun 😆

Edit: Forgot to say well done for the platinum @Kidfried!

Edited on by render

render

Kidfried

@render Speaking of builds, I found Aphrodite's to be enormously overpowered.

Her call in my opinion is the best (3000 damage or so at once + weakness). While waiting for it to charge I'd use her attack to soften up enemies, to help me survive longer. Combine it with some boons to reduce incoming damage, build up call faster and deflect, and I found it pretty impossible to lose.

Also spear was my favorite weapon, I don't know how about you?

Kidfried

Sorry, this topic has been locked.