Forums

Topic: Elden Ring Hype Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 2,024

colonelkilgore

... man, what I would give for a Golden Axe reboot!

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore Indeed the green ones dropped food, which would heal you. I definitely put a lot of hours into Golden Axe and now that I think of it I'm not even sure if I ever got to the end

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan so the arcade version ended when you beat 'Deathadder' who I think was the boss at the end of level 6... but I'm pretty sure they added two more levels to the Megadrive version and then you had to beat 'Deathadder's bigger and badder brother 'Deathbringer'

Never completed the arcade but played it to death on Megadrive and finished it many times.

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore I played it on PC and Amiga. Consoles weren’t really a thing in Poland until the PlayStation (other than cheap unlicensed NES clones).

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

Back on topic.... I reckon the Pot Guys might be something like the crystal lizards in the Souls games. Maybe they contain some of the rarer crafting recipes that have been confirmed to be found around the world.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Are you familiar with the LotR books and/or movies? Apparently they inspired George R.R. Martin's writing of the lore and his world-building of the game, thus, I reckon a background knowledge of the LotR books will aid in the appreciation of this game.

N.B I'm currently reading through the first book in the LotR series, and I have already read The Hobbit.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman The core LotR books (and movies) are amongst my favorite pieces of storytelling and narrative. I thoroughly enjoy the series, including The Hobbit.
As far as how much inspiration GRR Martin draws from the Tolkien’s work, I’m not sure. Certainly the entire sub-genre of fantasy owes its debt to Tolkien. But the inclusion of a Ring as being a central piece of Elden Ring’s lore can’t be an accident. And apparently the shards of this broken Elden Ring corrupt the bearer, in a similar fashion to the One Ring. I guess we’ll see how much this echoes to the LotR storyline.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

Cool helmet

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

Not sure if I missed this, and only a titbit of news, but....

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder Sooo, launching on the previously announced date and it is what it is expected to be. 2021 still full of surprises

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan It is just confirmation there are no delays, which there have been rumors alluding to that. Some people had been worried that it would be, so is good to have it confirmed that it won't be.

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 There are usually a fair few minor ones, but nothing game breaking iirc. From are really good at supporting their games and usually fix things relatively quickly.

JohnnyShoulder

OK so not Elden Ring, but I love this. Think we've seen glimpses of the enemy designs will be just as dark and twisted as in previous games.

Voltan

You can now register for a closed network beta which will be conducted in November:

https://beta.bandainamcoent.eu/en/cb/elden-ring-beta

edit: but also the game is now coming out in February (like every other game next year, it seems)

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Voltan

I'm totally saying "the depth & strategic freedom of my day exceeded initial expectations" every time I'm late for something now, btw

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan So February 2022 currently has scheduled to release:

• Elden Ring
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Dying Light 2
  • Saints Row
  • Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
  • The King of Fighters XV
  • Sifu
  • Life is Strange Remastered Collection

I'm also interested in Sifu, Horizon and Dying light but those will be bumped until I've finished with Elden Ring. It was most likely I wasn't going to be finished with by any of those came out anyways.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman thanks for thinking of me buddy… I won’t bother as my backlog is unmanageable as it is, without beta testing and demo’s and such. Can’t wait to play the actual game though that’s for sure.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic