Forums

Topic: Elden Ring Hype Thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,024 of 2,024

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Brilliant, mate! And congratulations! I’m really looking forward to playing it in the future. I haven’t wavered from my plans of clearing the Souls games first, but your comments definitely tempt me to skip on to Elden Ring.

Are you going to go back for the Dark Souls games now? Or perhaps some other non-From Souls-likes? It will be interesting to see if the other games live up expectations since ER is such a pinnacle of the genre. It’s the reason I continue to lean toward ‘saving the best for the last’, as it were.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

@Th3solution Thanks mate! I'm going to have a break from the Soul's games for a while now, I'll definitely be back for more I have fell really in love with the style of gameplay, I use to fear it but now having got the plats in Bloodborne, Demon's Soul's and ER there's just something about getting through the "struggle" that's so appealing. I think Sekiro will probably be my next one but like I say it will be a while away.

The one thing with ER is it is such a considerable Time sink, especially first time around and especially if going for the plat, but there's so many bosses that are not required for the story that are well worth it. I hope you enjoy it when you eventually get around to it.

MaulTsir

KAIRU

Might be unlikely but I'd love to see our first teaser of the DLC at Summer Game Fest. Maybe it's still too early in development for a release date but who knows? It might be just what I need to jump back into the game again.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

Th3solution

@MaulTsir I hear you, after completing a Souls game there’s a weird contradictory desire to take a break and replenish your health and stamina, so to speak 😜, but also a feeling of emptiness without the game and a temptation to jump back into another one or another playthrough.

After I completed DS1 I played the first hour or so on NG+ just out of sheer curiosity and inertia, and I got a complete dopamine rush from decimating the introductory boss which causes you so much trouble at the very beginning of your first playthrough. It’s a great feeling, but I stopped after that to move onto another game. I’m already back into a Souls-ey game with Jedi Survivor, but it’s not quite the same as FromSoft’s work. Still good, but doesn’t quite scratch the itch in the same way.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic