Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 741 to 760 of 793

MaulTsir

@Th3solution I fully expect to have a few encounters that cause me trouble! But I'm also surprised with how well I've actually coped with the whole game up to now. I think coming from Bloodborne I initially struggled with how slow the combat was especially from my own character but now I feel like I've got a real good grip on the mechanics and I'm finding it alot less challenging combat wise than Bloodborne. Still not easy but just easier than Bloodborne.

I've gone with a strength build but I have my Falcion for when I need some magic damage. I've also got the reaper farm now so basically if I need to I can utilise that.

Enjoying it but I think I'll need at least a 2nd partial playthrough for the plat, unless I mess something up completely then I'll probably need 3 this will slow down my progress lol

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir I think the main issue is purchasing all spells and miracles, because purchasing one locks you out of the other. So I don’t think it’s possible to platinum without a partial NG+. Not to mention a few of the events which you need to partake of in pure black or white world tendency, which can get tricky but probably a guide will help there.

I enjoyed it enough that I don’t think I’d mind a NG+ run, but I have too many other games calling to me that I preferred to move on. Also, if I did a second run, I’d rather try a new class and new build, which would defeat the purpose of going for the platinum because there’s still the limitations of not being able to get all the spells/miracles.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

So I've had 2 weeks holiday and then getting back into the swing of work so progress on gaming has really slowed but I have managed to get a few bits and bobs done, I've managed to slay Penetrator, Maneater, Old Hero, Storm King Dirty Colossus and Maiden Astrea and get all designated trophies along the way.

I'm still enjoying the game to be honest, following guides for the most part now to make sure I only need a 2nd partial run.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Nice work! Good to hear you’re still enjoying it. Do you have a favorite boss so far? Maneater was definitely one of the toughest bosses for me. I struggled a bit with that one. And actually Maiden Astraea was also kind of hard, or ‘annoying’ is probably a better description. That blasted liquid that saps your health and the knight bodyguard coupled with the tight quarters made for an real pain in the neck. I think once or twice I killed the knight and then died trying to walk over to her when I stepped in the liquid. 😒

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

@Th3solution Thanks mate. I would say my most favourite boss would have to be Flamelurker, I actually managed to kill him first try but he felt the most like a Bloodborne type boss. I actually think the levels them selves are alot harder than the bosses on this game and alot of the bosses are very gimmicky but each can be difficult to a total newbie. I'll be honest with following a guide for the trophies it has made some of the boss fights a little bit easier with tips and stuff, Maiden Astraea for example there was a trophy to not injured Van Garl so there was a tip to kill her with a bow from the ledge, it took me 2 go's because I ran out of bows the first try because she heals so fast, it took about 90 arrows In quick succession to kill her.

Maneater I did first time but I'll be honest I got completely lucky, I was smashing the first one to bits and then when the second one come it completely through me off but then when I managed to kill the first one, I sort of stayed on the central part and the second kept landing but getting stuck behind the lantern so I just smashed him to death lol.

The old monk was interesting as well I had some one spawn in but it took me that long to get up the stairs and make it to the boss because of how cautious I was being, he left and I had an NPC which with my dragon bone smasher made easy work off.

The black world tendencies are probably harder, there's a few of the phantoms that have give me trouble but the more and more I've played I'm seem to be able to keep my cool alot more, there's only a few occasions that have got me sweaty palmed and its when the guide will say DO NOT DIE HERE!! The adrenaline really kicks in then lol

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir 😅 Sounds like you’re shredding it! Yeah, the same thing happened to me with Old Monk. I had another player spawn but by the time I got there it was an NPC because they got impatient.

That’s a good call I’m not dealing with Van Garl, because he was faulty rough.

And I agree on the Black Phantoms. Some were a right pain in the neck!

MaulTsir

So I've done all White and black world tendencies and I'm needing to get my character to pure white for the ring and I'm one short, I killed all the necessary phantoms but because one fell from a cliff it doesn't count as a kill, I'm also needing help with 2 of the trophies, kill a boss for another player and invade and kill some one's world, the latter being good in helping me get my character tenancy back down to black for the other ring.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir You’re really close now! If you run into trouble with the online trophies I’m happy to help, but I am pretty sporadic when I have time to game. I think I still have the game downloaded on my PS5 so I could start a NG+ and let you co-op a boss with me. I’m not sure how the invasion part works but I’d let you wreak havoc in my game world too if you’re able to pre-select whom to invade (ie. if it’s not just a random world only. I never messed with PvP in this game)

MaulTsir

@Th3solution hey mate, thanks for the offer, my play time is as sporadic as they come so we might match up at some point 🤣. My psn is my name, just let me know when ever your free mate and I'll try my best to be available lol

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Sounds good. I send that over and we’ll see if two crazy schedules collide. 😄

MaulTsir

@Th3solution I accepted your request mate, now to see if the schedules ever match up 🤣 lol

MaulTsir

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @MaulTsir I reccomend to setup a password when you guys decide to co-op. Taken from this very site:-

Using this password system also bypasses the level requirements for seeing a summon sign. You won't have to be within a similar soul level to see the summon signs of someone with the same password as you, so there's no need to worry about accidentally progressing too far past your co-op mates. However, do note that if one player is a much higher level, they'll receive a debuff to try and keep things better balanced.

Hope that helps!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Umbasa 👍🏼.
I went back in this weekend and tried my hand at NG+, just to prep and at least get close to the first boss, and I was curious after being away for a while how I’d get along. My skills were definitely rusty, but I actually made it over halfway through 1-1 and haven’t died yet. I’m wrecking the average enemies with just one shot from my Soul Ray and Insanity Catalyst or with one heavy attack from my Falchion. The muscle memory is starting to come back. Even the blue eyed knights are proving to be pretty easy prey.

Still it’s a little annoying how I can’t change out my spells and miracles yet. I’m locked into whatever I ended the game with for a while until I open up the NPCs to attune them, so I can’t heal myself or use some of the other useful spells like cloak that I didn’t have attuned at the time I completed my first run. It’s fine through, since Soul Ray, Firestorm, and Poison Cloud should handle anything here in Gates of Boletaria and I have a boatload of healing herbs.

Anyhow, I’ve made some good progress so I’m pretty close to opening up Phalanx, so anytime you see me online just let me know and we could knock him out in a jiff. Then you can kill me as an invader if we can figure out that aspect.

I do think I’ll have a pretty decent amount of game time this week and especially next weekend.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Good to know. I haven’t done co-op before in the game so the password should help, it seems. Any idea if the PvP invasion mechanic also uses that password system?

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Nope, I don't believe there is. That would kinda defeat the point of it. The person being invaded needs to be in human form and the person doing the invading needs to use a Black Eye Stone.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @MaulTsir Ah, I wondered about the invasion situation. Might be impossible to boost that one.

Maul, If you’re close to Pure White then it makes sense to do the boss co-op first, which hopefully will get you over the hump to full PW character and the associated co-op trophy. Not sure if there is another way of getting back down to Pure Black, but I’ll help in whatever way.

MaulTsir

@Th3solution hey mate, I've had a look and according to a Demln Soul's Facebook group we can do both kill the boss and invade each other by using a password. Hopefully the stars align for us a some point 🤣

MaulTsir

MaulTsir

@Th3solution I'm gonna try be online this weekend so If you see me at any point and your available just give me a shout and we can "try" conquer these trophies together 🤣

MaulTsir

MaulTsir

So thanks to @Th3solution I was able to pick up the remaining co op trophies and then complete the game, I used the save cheese to get both ending trophies and now only the remaining spells to get which has to be done on NG+.

NG+ is annoying lol everything hits harder and dies slower so definitely more challenging, I've made some good progress though and only 2 spells remain.

MaulTsir

MaulTsir

Finally finished with Demon's Soul's!

I'll start off by saying this is only my second From Software game but I really enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as Bloodborne, it was alot easier especially in terms of boss fights, there was a lot of bosses including Flamelurker I killed first time, I was lucky to do it on 2 goes on Bloodborne 🤣. I'll admit that playing Bloodborne not to long ago did give me more confidence in this game and the combat albeit slower and did end up growing on me to the point I felt very comfortable dealing with almost anything in the game. The visuals are stunning, this is probably the best visually pleasing game I've played on any console to date.

I never played the original so I don't have the ability to compare but I do know there where a few things added into the game like sending stuff to storage which was a great help so that can only be a plus.

Some of the level designs where annoying and awful I can't lie, they where truly annoying and and alot if not all of the bosses where very gimmicky, I know this word has been used alot but it's really they only way to describe them. Flamelurker and The Penetrator where my favourite, they felt the most like Bloodborne to me.

Overall I enjoyed the game alot, enough to grab the plat which was probably the most complicated plat I've ever gotten and if this is normally regarded as one of the lesser From Software games I can't wait to try the rest.

MaulTsir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic