Forums

Topic: Baldur's Gate 3

Posts 221 to 240 of 442

Ravix

@KAIRU YOU MONSTER!!! 😱

Leaving the poor Tieflings. Less so Wulbren. Wulbren is a bit of a d***head, although I did save him

It does seem like you are catching up fast, must have been some epic game sessions 😁

It's at its best when you just stumble across things, isn't it? I got arrested at one point, and thought "hmm, I'll just roll with it and see" and then that led to finding another story element, some information, and a fun, daring escape, and then discovering a new area that led to more exploring and possible routes to other things.

Edited on by Ravix

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

KAIRU

@Ravix I actually was intending to save them, I just didn't realise you had to do it before the assault! I'm not sure I want to go back about two hours and redo a lot of stuff. πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

Ravix

@KAIRU oh no, you missed out on being an undercover saboteur behind enemy lines πŸ˜† Did you visit the tower at all first? 😬

I had lots of fun there acting all absolutey while I could get away with it 😁

But yes, push through, got to live with your decisions in this game, such as it is.

Edited on by Ravix

βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

KAIRU

@Ravix I didn't visit the tower first so it seems I've missed out there! I'm kind of annoyed as I assumed you'd get the chance to save them during the assault so I could do everything there all at once, but it is what it is. The temptation to save-scum has certainly taken a downturn which I'm pretty happy about, though I have had some seriously lucky dice rolls in some bigger decisions.

The most important thing is Shadowheart has my heart and I have hers. πŸ˜‚

I have a Drow Warlock playthrough waiting in the wings as well, so that'll be my evil playthrough, which may end up seeing me possibly killing almost everyone once that comes around.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

Ravix

@KAIRU yeah, when you go to Last Light

Jaheira gives you the task to infiltrate Moonrise. I.e pretend you are a true soul with your tadpole, and sneak around to get the lay of the land, rescue people, talk to the cult members and learn things of interest etc.

I spent quite a while there, and there's some nice secrets hidden away (although that stuff gets revealed later anyway, so you wont miss out on anything other than a bit of awareness and understanding of things to come) but the gist of the visit was, play along, go to the dungeons, escape with the prisoners and melt some of the dungeon guards, no one find out how they escape, as there are no survivors down there, and then return. As they think I'm one of them, those in charge end up giving me the order to go and find/help Balthazaar, to help him help Ketheric, and I play along, eventually find him, lead him on, take him to the caged nightsong, and then f*** him over. Before returning to a slightly less powerful moonrise towers (I sowed a little chaos while there, but nothing substantial, just a few bonus allies, and a few dead goblins etc)

I imagine you met Balthazaar in the temple on the way to nightsong anyway, was he just hostile, or did you have deception options etc?

βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

KAIRU

@Ravix Yeah, I probably should’ve gone there initially. I had planned to go there, like I mentioned, but one thing led to another and before you know it, I’m ready to begin the assault.

Balthazaar had deception options when I met him initially. He gave me a whistle to summon Flesh but I never used it. I found a good trick for the fight against him though which made the fight significantly easier, which was just to stay on the elevated platform above all the enemies and to just shove those that jumped up into the abyss. The bigger enemies couldn’t jump up and attack me so it made the fight next to trivial.

Elodin

I had a glitch back when I was in Moonrise. When I rescued the tieflings from Moonrise for some reason the pathing got stuck for the male(forgot his name). Everyone else followed me out. When I went back in he was just standing there. I tried thunderwaving him closer to the door, but no luck. He was pushed closer, but no response. I then just roleplayed in my head that be was frozen with fear and could not be helped. I didnt restart a save as it has been a while. Otherwise no major glitches as im nearing the end of Act 3 and only had one crash. I have slowed down playing as well jumping into a couple other games for a bit.

Elodin

Throb

This game is absolutely crazy. When I read about other people's stories and playthroughs, they are so different to anything I have done. I hear about characters that are doing lots of stuff but died early in my playthough but then I have characters in mine doing things I haven't read anywhere. The amount of detail and work that has gone in to this game is incredible. I can't wait to play it again once I have finished just to see what things I have missed.

I'm currently stuck in a jail cell in Act 3 with a skull. Can't seem to get anywhere at the moment, I have no weapons and keep getting in to battles. I'll perservere and see what opens up eventually

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

Falcon94

I'm currently slogging my way through the steel watch foundry in the lower city. I'm starting to think my build isn't up to scratch as there's far too many enemies to deal with I dread to think what tactician mode will be like. If there's an easier route through I certinaly haven't found it.

Edited on by Falcon94

Falcon94

KAIRU

Honestly, I think it's a toss up between this, Armored Core VI, and Lies of P for my personal GOTY this year.

It's amazing playing a game where your choices and decisions actually have consequences. I couldn't imagine how tough this game is on Tactician difficulty too, but it'd be amazing doing a co-op playthrough with four players.

Ravix

@Throb talk to the skull 😁 the crate of stuff is right outside your cell, and if you can't pick the lock with the lockpick you smuggled into jail in your booty, the skull can help. Failing that, remember you can separate party members, so they could technically come and rescue you if you control them (that would actually be really fun, and I wish I'd have done that now)

Edited on by Ravix

βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

Throb

@KAIRU Lies Of P is incredible too, totally hooked on both of these. I split my gaming time between the two at the moment.

@Ravix Only 1 character got out, picked up the items and became massively encumbered. I then switched character to someone who had dimension door and teleported another out of there. Once you kill one of the baddies, you can loot the key to the cell and then free everyone Now I've got to rearrange all the inventory because it's all on one character

Ravix

@Throb oooh, you all got arrested. Only my Tav got arrested πŸ˜… but as a Bard I just talked to the skull, got my stuff and killed my way out with another NPC who happened to be in another cell at the time.

I wish I'd have thought of the split party jail break at the time though, that would have been fun sending the three others to break me out from the outside.

βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

KAIRU

@Throb Yeah, the three games I mentioned before are the three games this year that have just completely captivated me and had me hooked. They're all brilliant.

I'm looking forward to playing more of this later tonight. Will finally assault Moonrise Towers!

Throb

@Ravix This split party thing... So you can have different characters in different areas and switch between them? Sort of like GTAV characters? I've always just had everyone together in one group

KAIRU

@Throb Correct-o. Press L2 then Triangle on the party members you want to separate

I know you weren't replying to me but I figured I'd answer anyway. πŸ˜…

Ravix

@KAIRU @Throb yep. It's how I managed most battles early on. Why risk everyone's life when I can use some to outflank the enemy before they enter combat.

It's also good for distracting people while you're up to no good pickpocketing, or "investigating" locked rooms etc.

But it's also something I just stumbled on by chance, I don't remember much of a tutorial for doing it.

You can even be in completely different game areas, as it uses the co-op mechanics with anyone in your party able to be anywhere doing anything at the same time as you

βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

KAIRU

@Ravix Yeah, I can't remember how I quite discovered it too, but it's a neat thing to do all the same!

Throb

@Ravix @KAIRU That's a game changer! I'm surprised it didn't give that a tutorial

KAIRU

@Throb It’s brilliant if you have Astarion in your party or if you’re playing as a rogue during potential upcoming combat scenarios.

Having Astarion be sneaky and scout ahead and maybe even pick off an enemy or two whilst remaining hidden is absolutely awesome.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic