Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 4,161 to 4,180 of 4,206

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan fair enough… tbh now that I’ve watched some footage from the older Tales games, I’m not sure that they’re gonna scratch that Arise itch. The combat looks very different from the little I’ve seen.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CaptD

Kingdom Come Deliverence Royal edition which is in the latest psn sale.
Been pondering on whether to buy this for ages as I'm not sure I am cut out for the Middle Ages life, the latest sale pushed me over the edge.
Shame there is no PS5 build or enhancements, it is stuck at 30fps which is quite strange for a fairly recent (in relation to the PS5) release.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD yeah I picked this up a while back having heard such good things about it… it’s never caught my interest enough to actually start it ahead of everything else in my backlog though.

I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on it if/when you get around to it.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@CaptD @colonelkilgore I know it’s one of @Ravix favorite games of last gen. I’ve also been curious about it and was planning to play it when it was on PS+ Extra but it got yanked before I could.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ravix

@CaptD @colonelkilgore @Th3solution

Yep. It's a phenomenal RPG/Medieval Sim. It is a lot different from a lot of games that hold your hand, but generally follows the logic of reality vs the logic of games, which was really refreshing.

And it's just about the most charming historical fiction game you could play. An independent studio simply made a game they really wanted to make set during a really interesting time for the Holy Roman Empire. Every day I pray that the THQ and thus Embracer ownership doesn't completely f*** Warhorse Studios over.

You won't care about any bugs or minor annoyances that can come with these types of games if you embrace its sheer charm and appreciate they did things differently to other studios 😁😁

It's one of those games that when you get into it and it clicks, you love it. The community is still going strong on reddit and is one of the nicest and most helpful out there too

Edited on by Ravix

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

CaptD

@Ravix Thanks for your thoughts, I've been reading a few others and everyone seems to be really positive about the game despite its bugs (hardly surprising given that it is their first title).
Let's hope that KCD2 is lurking just around the corner.

@Th3solution Yeah I think I only found out about it on Extra when I read a "These games are leaving" article but tbh it doesn't seem a game to play under the time constraints of a subscription service.

@colonelkilgore Will let you know how I get on although I think FF7 remake is next up on the backlog chopping block, however I will download the game and perhaps kill a chicken just to get an idea about how the townsfolk deal with it as they got quite upset in Skyrim, I'm still not welcome in Whiterun.

CaptD

Ravix

@CaptD hahaha that last bit got me, and oh, you can easily play the intro 'bad' if you like, but they may have planned for that 😁 my first run I RP'd as the character I felt he was, but there is a lot of scope for just going and doing whatever the hell you please at most points, but there are also consequences, as in life.

FF7 remake is my current main game, so snap 😁 but thinking about KCD again is making me want to pick up my cheeky theiving c*** run on the side, as I have the game permanently on the SSD just in case. It was absolutely hilarious seeing what trouble I could get in, but it is probably suited more to a second run. See how the intro goes for you, anyway 😁

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

colonelkilgore

Just had a nice deal on the Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls collection, which I’ve had my eye on for a while.

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Nice, heavy rain is a very good game, a bit underrated imo...it gets a lot of stick.
Couldn't get into Two Souls, I tried a couple of times and perhaps a should try a third.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD I have a vague recollection of playing Heavy Rain through the Friday night of its PS3 release at a mates house. The only thing I can remember was having a plastic sword fight with a child and hitting **** out of him 🤣.

I’ve heard really good things about Detroit Become Human but want to hold off on playing that until I’ve played the previous Quantic Dream games. Will try and fit one in per year now to get to Detroit… in a couple of years.

**** DLC!

oliverp

@Conelkilgore Oh Beyoned Two Souls is such a nice game. I hope you get around to play it sooner rahter then later man so you can tell us what you think about it.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

colonelkilgore

@oliverp I hate to disappoint buddy but it’s gonna be at least a twelve-month until I get around to it… as (and I hate to complaint about it, as it’s a great problem to have) but there are just so many frikkin games like 😅.

I actually joined this site in the hope that like-minded folk might be able to help me with managing my backlog… you’ve all unceremoniously failed btw! 🤣

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore That is definitely true. Before I joined Push Square, I had a very manageable gaming catalog. Now, it’s spun clean out of control. 😅

But it has most definitely exposed me to many, many games that I would have never discovered before. So it’s worth it. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

oliverp

Well we are here for eatch ohter as well would I say.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

XandertheWise

Playstation 4 PSN store has a big 75 percent sale or whatever going on.

Trails of Cold Steel II is on sale again for 19.99 til the 29th this month
and Metal Gear Solid 1 game of the Master Collection is on sale for 14.99 or 15 bucks
Final Fantasy I PIxel for 9 bucks I think
Final Fantasy IX Remastered for 8 or 9 bucks

XandertheWise

Falcon94

@XandertheWise Seems a bit odd that snake eaters not on sale when the other 2 are was going to pick it up with mgs2.

Falcon94

XandertheWise

i already bought metal gear solid 3 a month ago when it was on sale. while it is nice that the new sale is going on til the 29th, games like Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 and the Final Fantasy Pixel games theyre always on sale.

i should go get a PSN card from the grocery store and buy Metal Gear Solid 1 or 2 sometime this month. Heck even though Ive played Final Fantasy IX a bunch of times for my original playstation, i wouldnt mind buying it digitally for my playstation 4

@Falcon94

Falcon94 wrote:

@XandertheWise Seems a bit odd that snake eaters not on sale when the other 2 are was going to pick it up with mgs2.

XandertheWise

Bundersvessel

Picked up The Talos Principle, mainly for my wife as she can never have enough puzzle games on hand and also it looks very interesting to boot.

I also grabbed a title called the Russian Pinocchio for 55p purely on the strength of its art.

Bundersvessel

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic