Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 4,206

colonelkilgore

Bought a load of physical copies of games I already own digitally today… which must sound ridiculous to many but I’m gonna have my collection on display in my new gaming room… and gaps in series’ gives me conniptions:

Doom (2016), Resident Evil: Revelations, Resident Evil: Revelations 2, Hitman 2 & Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Then I also managed to find a copy of the original Divinity: Original Sin and I grabbed a previously owned Mass Effect: Legendary Edition for £35… which is more than I like to pay for previously owned games but it is three awesome games.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I thought you bounced off of Divinity Original Sin. Or am I misremembering that?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah you’re mostly right, it was the sequel though… but I do want to try it again at some point. And well, those conniptions at only having a part two when there is also a part one etc.

I’ve been low-key keeping an eye out for the original for a while but it’s pretty rare… was quite the surprise to stumble on one yesterday.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I bounced off the first game recently, so you may be remembering that.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Oh yeah that’s right, you did try it not too long ago and it didn’t click for you.
I picked up the second game a while back when I saw it cheap and I have been reluctant to move it up the backlog chain.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder @Th3solution I tried the second one a couple of years back… the world and lore seem phenomenal but as ever with me it’s the turn-based action.

I am gonna give them (1 & 2) another go though, as if I can click with the action I know I’ll love everything else… and I ain’t getting any younger. These cat-like reflexes have got to wain sooner or later 😉

**** DLC!

sorteddan

Just purchased Disgaea 1 Complete. Never played the first, think I chanced upon the series on number 3 back in the PS3 days so will be interesting to see how it all started.
Weirdly it was cheaper to buy from official site (NISEurope) than anywhere else I could find it, even cheaper than some pre-order copies!
So will stick it in the backlog and prepare myself for the grind...
Dood!

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Hitman HD Collection as @RogerRoger had just mentioned that Absolution had a fun trophy list and when I checked the PSStore the HD Collection was on sale.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Ah, well, that makes my reply in the other topic redundant, then! But you've definitely done the right thing there; two fantastic games, and a pair of enjoyable platinums! Enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger cheers dude, it was one of those situations where you receive a recommendation and the thing being recommended is currently going super-cheap for a short time only. A reflex purchase if ever there was one... glad I ended up with the better version.

**** DLC!

lucaskalindi

Just got my hand on Lost Judgment, it's possible to lose entire evenings to strolling the city
Looking forward to spend few hours on that

FREE PS5 Giveaway in September 2021: https://bit.ly/PS5-Free-Giveaway874322

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Gods will Fall in the sale. Looks pretty cool but haven’t heard anything about it… the trailer mentioned solids-like mixed with rogue-like (the former I love, the latter I will be making a concerted effort to get into), so I pulled the trigger.

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

Currently downloading Xuan Yuan Sword 7. I don’t know a lot about it really, but sometimes I like to try something that’s less well known in hopes of discovering a hidden gem.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

WanderingBullet

Hardly had time to play any games this year. Only bought one and that was Tales of Arise a few weeks ago. Enjoying the gameplay so far. Not a big fan of some of the character designs but I love the art direction. The environments especially looks gorgeous.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Bentleyma

Looks like I’ve found a hidden gem! Really enjoying this so far. Gameplay wise, it’s sort of like a Chinese The Witcher. I’d still be playing it if it hadn’t just gone 6am! The game looks really good too!

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma- is that the game where you can perch on the top of bamboo like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? If so, I caught a trailer a few weeks ago and was impressed.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Bentleyma- That does look pretty interesting. I’ve heard nothing about that game, surprisingly.

HallowMoonshadow

This was sometime last week but I bought The King Of Fighters: The Orochi Saga PS2 Classic for only $2 (I had some change on my US Account) as I had a hankering for a fighting game

... KoF '94 & '95 are really bloody hard though even on the easiest difficulty. '96 thankfully seems to not have an godly AI on difficulty setting 1 and I can actually play that just fine... 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I absolutely feel you there, I have the PSP version of that and I just get slaughtered over and over in ‘94!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

I may or may not have spent 2 hours last night trying to get through '95 before hitting a brick wall on the final team @nessisonett.

I thought Tekken 5 and Jinpachi was bad where I could sometimes take 20 minutes against that barstool! 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic