Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 4,199

LtSarge

Just ordered Scarlet Nexus on PS4 for €30. The game will probably get discounted even more than that within the next couple of months but I figured why not just get it now in case I'm in the mood to play something new. I played the demo and the game is really fun. I've seen some footage of the social interactions in this game and that aspect looks very promising as well. All in all, this is definitely the kind of game I love to play so hopefully it turns out to be a great experience.

LtSarge

Bentleyma

Bought F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch and it’s really good so far. The trailers always looked interesting, but as soon as I heard it was a Metroidvania I had to get it.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Bentleyma

Not a game, but I bought an SSD for my PS4 Pro. Dunno why I didn’t do this sooner. I’ve only tried Aliens: Fireteam Elite so far, but the difference is massive. On the standard PS4 Pro hard drive Aliens took 49 seconds to get past the first load screen, while the SSD took only 15 seconds.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

sorteddan

@Bentleyma-
Did you install it yourself? Is it difficult to do?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

LtSarge

Just ordered a used copy of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition for €20. I've had this game on my wishlist for a long time now and it's either sold out in most stores or is still rather expensive, which is why I'm glad to have at least found a used copy of the game. I already own the base game but now that they've released Iceborne, which is a rather substantial expansion, I thought it'd be better to just buy that edition since the DLC comes on the disc. Not to mention that I lost my save file from my first playthrough and I played maybe 10 hours or so, which is not much. So I thought if I were going to start a new playthrough, I might as well do it with the master edition that comes with Iceborne. Hopefully this time I'll be able to get through this game!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge At one time I was excited to try MH World, but the demo scared me off with its complex menus and highly detailed armor system and large amount of items and resources to monitor. I’ve wondered if I judged it unfairly since it’s always hard to keep all that in context on a demo. Did you find the game difficult or complex, and is that why you dropped off after 10 hours?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution I don't know if you remember this since it was three years ago (and don't worry if you don't, I don't expect people here to remember specific things like this), but my PS4 hard drive suddenly stopped working and I lost my save files for numerous games including MGSV, which I had played for roughly 40 hours or so. One of those save files was also Monster Hunter World, so that's why I stopped playing the game because I lost my save file for it.

To answer your other question, I found the game to be fairly easy to learn, especially when you compare it to the previous Monster Hunter games. I've always thought that I would never be able to get into this series due to its complex mechanics, but World is much more streamlined than all the other MH titles. Not to mention that the gameplay felt much smoother and it didn't feel stiff to move around like in previous games. It took me a while though to get used to the gameplay, maybe 6-7 hours or so, so it definitely has a learning curve. But it shouldn't be as bad as you think. It's also worth mentioning that this game focuses more on telling a story, which the other games don't, so maybe that could help motivate you through it as well.

At the very least, if you want a good entry point, it's definitely this game because all the others are way too complex for a beginner.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Okay, thanks for that. I have it available to me through the Plus collection as one of the few in the collection I haven’t played. It doesn’t sound nearly as intimidating as I had thought.

And yeah, now that you mention, I remember the hard drive failure. It was a dark day. Did you ever pick back up MGS5?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution Nope, I've always wanted to ever since then but the problem is that I did so many missions and was very close to the end before I lost my save file. Having to redo all of that is just discouraging to me, even though I know the game is a lot of fun. One of these days though, I'll pick it back up and finish it. I think the more I wait, the more "new" everything will feel to me so that's what I'm trying to aim for right now.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge I have to say that I was surprised at how different everything was the second time I played phantom pain. I backed up and deleted my save file off the console so I could start it again from the beginning. Because you can do stuff in different orders it means that cut scenes can come out differently depending on who is at your base and their status. I had a few extra moments with Quiet that were kind of in extended versions of cutscenes that I'd seen before. It was about 5 years between playthroughs though so I'm sure I'd just forgotten a load of it! It was good though, I think a set amount of data gets tied to your PSN or something and because your base like generates resources while you are not playing, my new save file just randomly got tons of resources from my old save files base

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Oh I didn't know that it actually preserves some data. I think it would be very helpful to play through it again and gain more resources than normally so that I can get through it more quickly. I doubt that I'll spend as much time with it on a new playthrough compared to the first one. I have so many games to get through that I would just become impatient after a while.

But yeah, it sounds cool that you can experience certain stuff in different order. Definitely looking forward to seeing what else I haven't seen yet in this game.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge I spent much more time on it the second time actually! 130 hours! I think the extra resources put me in a place where it was actually worth doing the grind to craft stuff because the grind was a lot smaller with a 5 year build up of fuel, common metal, precious metal etc

See ya!

colonelkilgore

Picked up Dead Cells, Wizard of Legend and the original Psychonauts… decent deals on all three tbf.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@Th3solution I really enjoyed MHW when I played it and I’d never played anything in the series before.

It can be a bit opaque at times but there are loads of “top tips” type articles out there to explain some things. The armour mechanic isn’t that bad and I quite enjoyed creating different builds.

The hardest thing is choosing what weapon to pho with! It has a decent area to let you try them out and I ended up with the lance as I liked the range, aerial attacks, and defensive options with the shield.

The game also does a good job of allowing you to play solo if that’s your thing and I sometimes found it easier than playing in a group of random.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Voltan yeah me neither tbh… just with all the positivity that the sequel has garnered of late, I thought it would be worth the £3 in order to have the full context when I eventually pick up Psychonauts 2.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Thrillho That’s good to know. I’m not sure if I’ll get around to it. I also heard stories of how incredibly long the game can be, and I just have so many games that it has to be really compelling to me if I’m expecting to pour 100 hours into it.
Not to mention with each passing month and new PS5 games and updates dropping, I’m growing ever further away from my PS4 backlog. It’s the same thing that happened with PS3 where I left many games orphaned after the newer titles starting dropping quickly a couple years into the new generation.

Thrillho

@Th3solution I just had a look on my PS5 at my play time with the game.

156 hours 😳

Thrillho

Bentleyma

Payday yesterday, so I pre-ordered Back 4 Blood and Far Cry 6.

Bentleyma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic