Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 4,206

ZeroOverOne

Decided to get PS Portable 3000 so my past gen collection of handhelds is complete. Picked Persona 3 Portable with it on an UMD for just over 40 pounds at a local shop. Bargain of a price especially considering P3P on Ps Store (Playable on Vita) costs half as much I ended up paying for the little thing. Any suggestions on what to pick up next? (PSP exclusive)

Edited on by ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

Th3solution

Going against my recent approach of not buying games to just add to an already large backlog, especially full-priced games — against my better judgement I snatched up a $60 physical copy of Final Fantasy VII Remake. First full priced game I’ve bought since... Concrete Genie, I guess (not counting a couple new games given as gifts) First time I’ve paid $60 for a game since RDR2 I think.

Amazingly physical copies of FF7R seem to have become a rare find. Ordering online can take 2 weeks to restock and prices vary, some online shops price gouging for more than $60. So when I saw one last copy for sale at a local retailer, I went ahead and grabbed it. The critical and fan reception has been very positive so I knew I wanted it eventually and the value of the physical copy seems to be holding so far and I don’t see it being on sale within the next couple months at this rate. I guess maybe pandemic production issues and lack of retailer availability makes for low supply and high demand. Hopefully it will be worth it.

I’m knee deep in Death Stranding still, so it will be a few weeks, but I think FF7R might be my next game to play. We’ll see. At least I have the option of popping it in if I do feel in the mood now. Just gotta keep away from the spoilers for a little longer 😄

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KidRyan

ZeroOverOne wrote:

Decided to get PS Portable 3000 so my past gen collection of handhelds is complete. Picked Persona 3 Portable with it on an UMD for just over 40 pounds at a local shop. Bargain of a price especially considering P3P on Ps Store (Playable on Vita) costs half as much I ended up paying for the little thing. Any suggestions on what to pick up next? (PSP exclusive)

Nice choices! Also just a heads up, there is a Retro/Non PS4 Purchases thread.

https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/retro_and_other_gaming/rece...

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Jaz007

Anyone else get Sakura Wars? I did and I’m really liking. The game is gorgeous and colorful, the story and characters and pretty good, it’s got a great sense of humor, the animation is phenomenal for a anime game, like this new standard for anime graphics, and the soundtrack is pretty good.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@KratosMD It’s a Dynasty Warriors style hack’n slash, but that takes a backseat to character interactions. The combat breaks up the character interactions and story, not the Tibet way around, so story/characters is, the main part of the game. So yeah, there are tons of interactions. The dialogue choices are timed too which keeps you on your feet and makes it feel more like you’re responding in a conversation, which I like. The characters are all pretty good so far. II personally disagree with the PS review of it, so if it looks good I’d absolutely give it a shot. Heck, I’d let you share play it if wanted to give the opening a try. (Though I don’t know whether that work very well across continents lol.)

Jaz007

nessisonett

@Jaz007 I’m just gutted it’s a hack and slash and not a tactical RPG like the old ones. It’s a shame, I was looking forward to it but I’m not a huge musou fan.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jaz007

@nessisonett For me, I’m ecstatic that it’s not an RPG when it doesn’t need to be. I feel like RPGs are the new grey FPS and it’s shoehorned I’m so much. I get where you’re coming from since that used to be the series, but I’m just glad I don’t have to worry at all about stats or items.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@Jaz007 I guess there’s loads of JRPGs but there’s actually a real lack of good Tactical RPGs on PS4, XCOM and Valkyrie Chronicles are the only big ones I can think of.

Jaz007

@nessisonett Langrisser is similar to Fire Emblem and is good I’ve heard. You might want look at that one. A collection or something just came out for PS4.

Jaz007

Ralizah

Sakura Wars will be mine once it goes down in price a bit. SEGA burned me with the swift price drops to Valkyria Chronicles 4. Granted, the game was worth every cent I paid, but I'm not a big fan of the practice of punishing people who buy your games at launch.

Also not a fan of the move away from SRPG gameplay, but the rest of the package sounds like it'll be right up my alley.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Danganronpa 1/2 Reload is now mine.

Didn't intend to get it so soon but I ended up recieving a late birthday present and was able to nab it! 😁

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Great! Particularly interested in hearing what you have to say about these games when you get around to them.

For a long time, access to the Danganronpa games were the best reason to own a Vita (besides Persona 4 Golden, that is). That's obviously not true anymore, but it still is the only device that can play them portably at this point in time.

HallowMoonshadow

It shan't be too soon before I dive into the first one @Ralizah ... Just gonna finish off Days Gone (Which has gone on far longer then I imagined it would) and squeeze through the Last Of Us (Because the spoilers for the second actually have me interested in trying the first)

... At least that's the plan. Knowing me I'll probably boot it up on the weekend though regardless 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy lol I have a big issue with playing too many games at the same time, since I tend to play something for a while, drop it, play other things, and then don't return to finish it for months. So I'll have anywhere between 7 - 12 games going at any one time.

@KratosMD Rondo and SotN are arguably the best exemplars of the two major schools of Castlevania game design. You're in for a treat.

Rudy_Manchego

I caved and bought Deracine for PSVR and also Sea of Solitude which will no doubt go straight into my indie backlog. These were part of the hidden gems sales which is pretty good right now.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

J_Warrior

Grabbed Saints Row IV on impulse off the PSN store sale for 5 bucks. Not that big of a Saint's fan, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

"Do not mistake my silence for a lack of grief."

MS7000

Not really a purchase per se given that I got it for free, but I have got Dreams, so I will probably give that a try later and see what all the fuss is about.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

nessisonett

@Ralizah That’s literally me, I always have about 6 games at once. It’s worse given that I have games like FF7R, Death Stranding, DmC V etc just sitting on my hard drive while I play 4 hours of MLB The Show 20 a day despite the gameplay being basically broken.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic