Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 4,199

nessisonett

@KratosMD Mine came today too, I’m so excited to get started but I need to finish Star Wars so I can give it back to my friend 😅

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Nier Automata - Game Of The YoRHa Edition

Yeah I know I should've played it earlier but hey I'm getting it now for only £14!

I... actually don't know too much about it aside from people loving the soundtrack and I need to play it through a number of times 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Same here, I did play the demo though and didn't like it all.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That’s a great price for such a brilliant game. The gameplay’s not too hard, just remember to dodge with R2 and once you get that down, you’ll be slapping robots left right and centre.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That's the best way to go into it. Don't read anything about it. Go in blind.

It's a messy, bizarre, and deeply humanistic experience. Well worth the time it takes to get through all of the primary endings.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

That's a shame @JohnnyShoulder as I did quite enjoy that demo myself. Though I do have to admit I actually forgot I'd gone through that til you just mentioned it!

It has been a bit of a while @nessisonett since I've played a hack & slash/action rpg that I presume is a bit more on the frantic side of the scale... hopefully it won't be too bad though 😅

Cheers for the tip!

Ralizah wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That's the best way to go into it. Don't read anything about it. Go in blind.

If I only I knew that before taking a look at the "Community ideas for the next megapoll thread" @Ralizah

-Shakes head wistfully- Game is utterly ruined now that I know that the game is apparently a slam dunk win for the best buttocks in gaming lol 😂

I might put it on the back burner juuuuust a bit (after Iconoclasts I reckon) but I'll definitely be playing it sooner rather then later

High praise indeed @kyleforrester87! I hope to enjoy it just as much as everyone else seems to!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

My interest in Nier Automata has just piqued.

In all seriousness, I can barely remember what I didn't like about the demo @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy. Maybe found the combat a bit samey, wasn't too keen on the changing of game styles, and hated the boss fight? I think? I may actually give it a go now lol.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I did not like the demo at all. After playing the demo I was convinced I was not going to play the game. The combat and shifting styles was not particularly engaging and it seemed a bit frenetic to me playing the demo. I only agreed to play it at the strong urging of some users on here - in fact I think @kyleforrester87 was leading the pack. I seem to recall that when I finally decided to try the full game someone told me “I’m jealous of you because I wish I could experience it again for the first time”, or something like that. And after finishing it, I saw what he meant. It’s fabulous. Even though the demo is basically taken straight from the first section of the game, it didn’t really represent how engaging the actual game really is. I don’t know.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Well it's £14 from Argos @JohnnyShoulder of all places and Amazon had it for £17 or so last time I checked which isn't bad at all. I assume it's pretty cheap from CEX too if you're not bothered about a new copy 😁

I'll be playing it soon too so I'll be sure to put up some thoughts on it!

JohnnyShoulder

Cheers! I don't have an Argos near me anymore @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, and I don't they deliver for smaller items such as that. Plus they charge you for p & p I believe. CEX is a good shout as I've got a bunch of credit I can use if/when I fancy it.

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I’ll try not to belabor NieR Automata too much, but I will say that one of the greatest things about the game is the discussion that it generates and most people who play it just love discussing it. So forgive me for being a little exuberant in commenting about the game. The NieR Automata thread has some very fun and interesting discussion, so when you get around to playing it, I would encourage you to start posting thoughts and impressions there. Be careful not to read the thread yet though, since like @Ralizah says it’s one of those games that is most impactful when you’re going in blind. Nevertheless, as you come upon aspects of the game and experiences with it, you will probably feel the need to bounce ideas or questions off the community, and I’m sure you’ll get a lot of feedback from those of us that are passionate about the game. I remember finding it helpful and fun to have those discussions while I played and after I finished it. Most good games generate intense discussion, but this one even more so. As they say, your mileage may vary, of course, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

i got the Yakuza Remastered Collection recently although i have yet to start it as i want to finish Kiwami 2 first

i really need to work on my backlog

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo With Yakuza alone you probably have in excess of 300 hours of gaming backlog. And that’s if you don’t spend much time at the batting cages and arcade. 😜. But don’t worry — if you ignore any need for sleeping, eating, toileting, and all outside social contact, then I figure you can finish the series in about 11 days. That is, until Like a Dragon comes out.

Edited on by Th3solution

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution if i buckle down and just play the Yakuza games i can get them done BUT FFVII Remake is out next month and that will be my focus when it drops

but i should be able to at least get some of them done before then

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo Oh yeah, for sure. I jest when I say to even try to play them back-to-back. I think if someone tried to play Yakuza 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 all in a row then they’d need a padded room by the end. I say this not having played any of them after Zero, but I understand they are all pretty similar in their execution. At least if someone were to try to play all the Final Fantasy’s back-to-back then they all are different in their storyline, characters, combat, and setting.

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution i did that with FF once, it took ages

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo FF7 Remake is out in April, you've got a bit more time.

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder thankfully

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic