Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 2,346

Th3solution

For Days of Play sale my big purchase was that I went ahead and bought another year of PS Plus to stack onto my subscription. It hurts to drop $40 for something I wouldn’t need to renew for another 8 months, but now I’m set for a long time. This will get my PS Plus sub well into next gen. and I don’t have to worry about it. Last year when I was getting close to my subscription expiring I started to sweat waiting for a sale because I hate spending money on something and then seeing it on sale a short while later. So since I know it never goes less than $40 for a year and - heck, with PS5 soon I wouldn’t be surprised if the base price goes up from $60, it’s worth it to invest now and when everyone starts whining about how awful PS Plus is and what a horrible value it is then I’ll just sit back and smirk.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Gremio108

"getting close to my subscription expiring I started to sweat waiting for a sale because I hate spending money on something and then seeing it on sale a short while later"

Exactly the game I'm playing at the moment. Mine's getting close.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Frigate

@Th3solution @Gremio108 After reading your collective posts I thought I'd check mine and it's due to expire tomorrow. Coincidence? Possibly, yet I like to believe it's all part of a masterplan my conscience set in motion that my mind can't fully comprehend yet. Er, thanks fellas.

Frigate

Th3solution

@Frigate @Gremio108 Sale ends in 2 days so you have time to snag the renewal on the cheap. Next predictable sale on Plus memberships will probably be Black Friday time frame. Otherwise its always random when it might happen and I can’t guarantee that your conscience will prick my aura and subconsciously motivate me to post a reminder at that time.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder For sure. That’s less than 3 months away. It won’t go on sale again before then, I’d bet. And by renewing now you save $20 over renewing later. That’s one full game you can purchase with that money. Or a trip to the movies with you best partner and a large popcorn with two sodas.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, renewal time, unless you're stretched this month. I think I'm going to renew

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Frigate

Let's not derail the thread, this is to discuss PS4 Purchases. If you want to talk about other things try the chit-chat thread. Thanks for understanding -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

Frigate

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution It's 'only' a £15 saving here in the UK, reduced from £49 to £34. It seems that you guys received bigger discounts that us. Boooooo.

Hmmmm, I have bought a few things recently so not sure if I can afford it this month. I usually shop around when i wanna renew and don't I have ever paid full whack for ps+.

I think there might be another offer before mine expires, even if it is one of those buy 12 months and get 15 or something. Feel free to tell me that I suck if nothing comes up! 😂

Thanks for advice though, it is appreciated and @Gremio108.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

klky

PS4 Days of Play Limited Edition
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Mortal Kombat 11
Red Dead Redemption 2

klky

DerMeister

I had some extra money, so I decided to take another dive into Yakuza with 0 and Kiwami 2. Both were $50 combined, so I'm happy.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

KratosMD

@DerMeister Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about those games! Have you already played through the first Kiwami?

KratosMD

Gamer83

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. I like it a lot so far.

Gamer83

Kidfried

Burnout Paradise. I need more brilliant arcade racers than release in a year, so picked this one up for an extra spin.

I'll play it in between those AC Origins sessions.

Kidfried

DerMeister

@KratosMD I have played it about two years ago. I enjoyed it as a first time player of the series, even though it did feel like a PS2 game at times. I got into the story quite a bit, and I liked the gameplay well enough. Lot of content too, but I didn't fully go through it all.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Th3solution

@Kidfried Any early impressions of AC Origins?

Thrillho

@DerMeister Yakuza Zero is so much better than Kiwami which makes sense given that it came out much later.

Be prepared to lose days to the hostess mini-game!

Thrillho

TyrantTortuga

With the Day's of Play sale I purchased Detroit: Become Human, Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, and Day's Gone.

I've been running through Spyro and the nostalgia is real. It's such a fun pallet cleanser and looks slick!

TyrantTortuga
Psn: codygraham22
Steam: TyrantTortuga

"The greatest teacher, failure is." - Yoda

KratosMD

Just ordered Digimon World: Next Order and Chaos;Child. Both games were around €20 each and given that not a lot of online stores sell games like these I decided to buy them while I still could.

I grew up with the Digimon anime series but I have yet to play a video game which tempted me to get this one. Also, I love visual novels and when I found out that Chaos;Child was made by the Steins;Gate team I became instantly interested in it. Both games look overall very interesting so I'm looking forward to playing both of them.

KratosMD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic