Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,881 to 5,894 of 5,894

Bentleyma

Fancied playing Resident Evil Code: Veronica X. I remember back in the day thinking that when I got a Dreamcast I'd be playing games with CGI quality graphics.

Untitled

Not quite, but there is something I like about graphics from that console generation that make me think that it still looks good.

[Edited by Bentleyma]

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Anti-Matter

Youtubers Life 2
I back in action on PS5 machine and I have reached 1 Summer Year 1.

Anti-Matter

HallowMoonshadow

Deltarune Chapter 1 & 2

Fancied playing it again after the 2 or so years after chapter 2 released. I think chapters 3 & 4 are releasing this year at some point (hopefully).

I'm not particularly sure why I gravitate so much more to this game compared to Undertale but I do and I'm enjoying it once again!

[Edited by HallowMoonshadow]

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

FINALLY started playing Spider-Man 2018 yesterday.

It's... really the most generic checklist-driven sandbox you can imagine, isn't it?

Definitely a good 'turn off your brain and consume content' sorta experience, though.

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition (PS4); Plants vs Zombies (PC)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

You enjoying web-swinging and the main story though at least @Ralizah? I think Yuri Lowninthal puts in a great performance as Peter.

Aside from Horizon and The Witcher III I think at the time this was the only other open world game I'd played not long after it had released so... It was pretty fresh for me at least.

Definitely must feel rather milquetoast after everything that's come out after it like Zelda TotK and such

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Yousef-

@HallowMoonshadow if I may be so bold, what your favorite Undertale tracks? Consider it my legal obligation to ask.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

54 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

HallowMoonshadow

Yousef- wrote:

HallowMoonshadow if I may be so bold, what your favorite Undertale tracks? Consider it my legal obligation to ask.

You may be as bold as you like hon!

A top five?

1. Undertale (The 6.22 minute long track not the whole game's soundtrack )

2. Hopes & Dreams.

3. Battle Against a True Hero

4. Spider Dance

5. Asgore

Hope that satisfies your curiosity!

Ralizah

@HallowMoonshadow I mean, the cutscenes and set-pieces are fine. It's a Sony game. If their studios do one thing right, it's the interactive movie thing. They have a lot of experience with it, after all.

That said, web-slinging is kinda awkward for me, since you (understandably) require nearby buildings of similar height to maintain a good pace in the air. So I'm falling and having to run up buildings a lot. Really makes me miss Gravity Rush and the level of control that afforded the player, tbh.

Also, trying to intercept stolen cars is frustrating, and somehow these eagle-eyed common criminals are hitting me with guns when I'm 100 feet in the air above them.

Combat feels solid enough, I guess, but I feel like I keep getting sniped by off-screen enemies with guns because the spidey-sense notifier is difficult to see in the middle of combat. So I find myself dodging unnecessarily a lot to avoid being gunned down quickly. I'm also playing on the second-highest difficulty setting, but the way the game described the others made them sound too easy.

The open world is small-ish and filled with randomly-generated crimes, backpacks, and enemies forts so far. So, like, the most bog-standard open world fare imaginable. But even in something like a Far Cry game, the forts were often fun to approach from a stealth angle. Same with groups of enemies in the Arkham games. This game has some stealth mechanics, but they feel very sloppily implemented, and Peter feels very clunky to control when he's not web-slinging around (I understand the character canonically doesn't spend a lot of time just running around in combat, but still).

It's fine. I played for, like, three hours and barely noticed the time go by. And it looks very nice on my 4KTV, even on PS4. But it definitely feels underwhelming compared to the best games in the genre.

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition (PS4); Plants vs Zombies (PC)

Yousef-

HallowMoonshadow wrote:

Yousef- wrote:

HallowMoonshadow if I may be so bold, what your favorite Undertale tracks? Consider it my legal obligation to ask.

You may be as bold as you like hon!

A top five?

1. Undertale (The 6.22 minute long track not the whole game's soundtrack )

2. Hopes & Dreams.

3. Battle Against a True Hero

4. Spider Dance

5. Asgore

Hope that satisfies your curiosity!

Ahhhhh, fascinating… fascinating indeed!!
It’s good you made that clarification around me in particular as I would’ve assumed it is the whole ost without second guessing it. xP

As for me… brace yourself..!!

• Another Medium
  • CORE
  • Can You Really Call This A Hotel, I Didn't Receive A Mint On My Pillow Or Anything
  • Nyeh Heh Heh!
  • BURN in DESPAIR!!!!

Initially I was gonna leave…. A somewhat lengthier reply, somewhat, just a tad, but knowing me, I was gonna likely take an entire summer to write it. So I’ve felt it’s appropriate to have a short part 1 and send a part 2 later, sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger…

• TO BE CONTINUED…

[Edited by Yousef-]

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

HallowMoonshadow

You know I've never played a Far Cry game @Ralizah. In fact I haven't played anything Ubisoft, the defacto open world maker, (that isn't Rayman Legends) in over 15 years I reckon!

Well I hope Spidey grows on you. Bit too early for comparisons but... I think Ghost Of Tsushima would be preferable to you at the moment no? And even then you abandoned that just like I did (Though not for the same reasons)

Ralizah

@HallowMoonshadow It has grown on me. I've been playing it until my eyes are literally watering, lol. I'm about 79% done with the main story and still have a bunch of checklists to take care of, but it's quite fun. It sort of feels like a cross between the Batman Arkham games in terms of how vividly and lovingly they re-create this comic book world with the structure, action, and exhilarating movement of the Gravity Rush games. Toss in some of Sony's trademark blockbuster setpieces, and, yeah, it's a really good time.

Like Gravity Rush, it also feels the need to bore players with the occasional stealth mission. The puzzle minigames also feel like a bit of a waste of time. And SO much of the game's content is very rote.

Overall, though, it has really gotten me hooked back into my PS4. It also performs very well and looks gorgeous on the 4K set.

HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah wrote:

It has grown on me. I've been playing it until my eyes are literally watering, lol.

Well I wasn't expecting that much of a turn around!

Playing until your eyes water does remind me of my experience with the game in that my son had borrowed it from a friend of his and only bothered to tell me he had it the same time he told me he was giving it back in like four days so... I was up til like 4am the one night playing it. Luckily it was a weekend!

I don't think ANYONE is a fan of the MJ stealth sections Ral... You definitely aren't the only one!

Good to hear you're enjoying it more and I hope you enjoy the DLC stuff too (I haven't played that myself!)

(Oh and I've only played an hour or so of SMT V thus far but it's been pretty good so far!)

Yousef-

@HallowMoonshadow how dare you, micheal Jackson stealth missions were the best.

SMT V is quite good yes. I’ll have to get back to it, but I’ll have to switch platforms. My buddy lended me his copy via family sharing on steam but PC gaming is not viable for me these days outside of games I already played or ps2 emulation. I’m gonna hover to my Xbox, which I pre-ordered the game in advance.

-Max Payne

Ralizah

@HallowMoonshadow Yeah, I can jump the gun a bit at times. Downside of being opinionated. That said, some of my initial complaint still stand. I think I just started enjoying controlling Spidey more.

I've beaten the story now. I was originally unsure if I would go for the platinum trophy or not, since mastering some of these challenges is absurd (when the game gives me a silver rank in a combat challenge when I complete it quickly and rack up a 50x combo score by not taking a hit, it makes me unnecessarily frustrated lol), but I've heard the DLC (included with my version of the game) also includes challenges for additional tokens, so I might just try for it after tackling the DLC (which won't be now, because I'm a tad burnt out atm).

Yeah, the MJ and Miles sections were almost all universally annoying. And so many of them! Ugh. MJ's last one was less annoying because she had a taser which allowed her to knock out enemies in stealth, but still. I'll never understand this NEED developers of all nationalities seem to have to stuff in unwanted and frankly unnecessary stealth sections in games.

SMT V has always been awesome. Original release had some major issues, but it's always felt like a vision for what the future of Atlus JRPGs should look like to me. Vengeance might be one of their very best releases in terms of how it actually addresses so many of the original's inadequacies. That said, it'll unfortunately never have the new game mystique the original had for me, so, despite being excellent, I'm not quite as into it as I was into the Switch original.

[Edited by Ralizah]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic