Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 6,201 to 6,220 of 6,465

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 What did they say?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Yep they are full of it then for saying that.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 You know, depending on where you'd put the comma in that last post, you might've just rocked this community with one heck of a twist.

The real question would be, did @JohnnyShoulder already know?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger 😂 You’re credited for my first laugh of the day, my friend.
I suspect Johnny is at the clinic getting DNA testing right now. To be heir to the Forrester empire has to be like winning the lottery!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

Untitled

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Just so long as I wasn't the last. Something's gone very wrong if I get the last laugh.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

With my PS4 now fixed (Though having to start everything from scratch because I never backed up my save data and don't have plus) I started The PS1 Classic The Legend Of Dragoon that's now available on PS4 and PS5.

Because of only playing it on my PS3 before through my US account (Thus only playing the NTSC version) I decided to give the PAL version a go (as it comes with both regions on 4/5).

To my shock and horror there is no Assassin Cock(rel) enemy... Instead I was greeted by this monstrosity

Untitled

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

Jokes aside it's been good to play it again, especially on the PS4 with the boon of save states and seems to be running just fine now from what I gather?

There was a little bit of a clipping issue I think in the first scene with Rose's model but that's all I've really noticed!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Oh cool, you got it fixed! Yay!!

Sorry to hear you lost all your game saves, though. That's never fun. At least you dodged all of those problems with The Legend of Dragoon because yeah, apparently the game was straight-up broken before. Whilst I wasn't interested in the specific game, I was worried about the state of future retro releases, as I've quite enjoyed the ones I've played thusfar, and so thought they'd all be solid bets.

Anyway, great to see you back, and am real glad you were able to get your PS4 sorted!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I did send an (admitedly rather late) reply over PSN earlier @RogerRoger telling you I'd be back

RogerRoger wrote:

Sorry to hear you lost all your game saves, though. That's never fun

To be honest that doesn't bother me as much as you might think. Well aside from the Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous save I had which I'd put over 100 hours into and was nowhere near complete and now have to restart from scratch. That STINGS. 😅

Oh I thought there was only some audio issues! It was broken? They seemed to have fixed it rather quickly at least. With it being a JRPG there's no doubt a lot more moving parts (not to mention the much lomger runtime) then say Ape Escape that made it a bit harder to find out all the quirks.

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Bentleyma

I was looking for something to play until Trails to Azure comes out tomorrow and I went with the free-to-play game Bleach: Brave Souls.

Untitled

It’s a port of a mobile game, so the graphics are pretty poor and it still has the big buttons on the screen that show its touch screen roots, but I’m finding it to be a fun hack & slash RPG. It originally came out on mobile in 2015, so there’s loads of content if the game does hook you.

One thing that I find odd is that despite the game being in English, the trophy list is in Japanese.

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

HallowMoonshadow wrote:

I did send an (admitedly rather late) reply over PSN earlier @RogerRoger telling you I'd be back

Well, that's on me and my utterly terrible PSN response rate, then!

Losing over a hundred hours on an in-progress playthrough is proper nightmare scenario stuff. So, you think you'll definitely restart Pathfinder from scratch?

And yeah, apparently there were some pretty serious softlocks in The Legend of Dragoon, some of which were heralded by those audio issues you mention. Playing it for extended sessions (two or three hours) would increase the chances of a progression-blocking bug. As you say, kudos for it getting fixed so quickly, though. I'll be playing my first PSP game on PS5 next week (Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror) and so will be keeping my fingers crossed, although I'm sure that I'm panicking about nothing.

@Bentleyma I love how they've just pasted PlayStation buttons over the giant touchscreen inputs and called it a day! At least you're enjoying yourself, and that's all that matters.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Oh for sure I'll restart P:WotR... I need to see how this game ends @RogerRoger! Just gonna give it a bit of a break and mentally recharge from the loss

Once I am ready to play it I'll put the difficulty as easy as possible and use the much quicker real-time option to get back to where I was before putting the difficulty back up and returning to turn based mode! Seeing as I know what I'm doing it shouldn't take too long...

... Hopefully 😅

And hopefully Syphon Fliter: Dark Mirror is a-ok for you Rog when you get to play it next week!

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger It gets lazier than that! It still has the text for the mobile version on some of the tutorial messages. It says to “flick the screen” to dodge, for example.

Bentleyma

HallowMoonshadow

So I've said this before but I played Legend Of Dragoon & FF back around 2013/2014 @Th3solution.

I played FF VII first and well... You already know my feelings on it and how it didn't live up to the hype. Finding it a mediocre at best experience

Whereas for Legend Of Dragoon I'd heard quite a few bash it for being a "shameless ripoff" of FF VII made by Sony and whilst there were fans of it and has a cult classic status, the game wasn't nearly as well recieved or sell absolute gangbusters.

... Aside from the fact there's a silver haired antagonist (probably the most notable similarity but even then there are key differences between Llyod and Sephiroth), your main character has some blondish spikey hair and it's a JRPG the two are almost nothing alike

Yeah FFVII's success might've put production of TLoD into overdrive but it's wild how unkind quite a few of the reviews were at the time when it's SO different.

I also utterly adored TLoD unlike FFVII. The characters were charming (even with the bad translation), the combat was (and still is) fresh and fun thanks to the addition system which also makes everyone feel a little different in combat, the soundtrack is an absolute JAM, Each boss fight typically has some unique mechanic to it with some rather impressive animations and good sound design that really makes attacks feel and look satisfying.

If you have PS+ Premium I'd whole heartedly recommend giving it a shot sol. Even if you don't have PS +P I still recommend giving it a look!
As for all the RPG's?

There's Final Fantasy IX (Which I only got halfway through) that I need to actually complete that I'll have to start fresh.

Wild Arms III is in a similar position of I got halfway through but never finished but would like to rectify. How many JRPG's are there that have a spaghetti westernsp sorta setting? Not many!

Valkryia Chronicles Remastered is ALSO one I got partway into but never finished. Luckily I only got 6 skirmishes in so I didn't lose too muchl

I have the CRPG's Pathfinder: Kingmaker & Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous that again I got halfway through and will have to restart.

I also have Obsidian's CRPG Pillars Of Eternity II I have yet to try.

I bought Persona 3 Portable & Persona 4 Golden the day before my PS4's hard drive went so they're also on the docket. Having played Vanilla P3, P3 FES and Vanilla P4 means both of these will have new elements for me to enjoy. Not looking forward to Chie's new voice though

My daughter also bought a trio of games which are a mix of visual novel and JRPG that have an all female cast and are... unsubtle about it if you get my drift 👀

She quite enjoyed both Death End Re;Quest and Dragon Star Varnir but never got round to DERQ 2... I'll at least give one of 'em a punt and see how it goes.

I have the demo of Octopath Traveller II to try.

And then there's the stuff I'd to replay like Code Vein, Dark Cloud 1 & 2, Dark Souls III, Deltarune Chapter 1&2, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Divinity Original Sin II, Dragon's Dogma (And actually do the DLC/Bitterblack Isle this time), Final Fantasy X, FF X-2 and FF XII: The Zodiac Age, Odin Sphere Liefthrasir, Shining Resonance Refrain, Yakuza 0...

So I'm set til like 2026 on the RPG front? Granted that's a mix of CRPG's, Turn based JRPG's, Action RPG's and a strategy RPG... But still... It's a lot 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Bentleyma

Trails to Azure finally decided to show up on the PlayStation Store! Just starting it now. Trails from Zero was my GOTY last year, so can’t wait to get stuck into this. Week off next week too!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow Sounds like you have a great set-up. Some real quality RPGs for you in coming months (and years..?!)

As for Legend of Dragoon, I am curious about it. My tolerance for retro titles is unfortunately pretty low though. I find myself struggle with anything pre-PS3.

However, I did really enjoy FF7-FF12. I think I’ve said before that I might say FF12 is my favorite. That or FF7. FFX is probably next though.

And my fondness for Dragon’s Dogma is well documented. 😄 I wouldn’t mind a replay of that too at some point. And I see Dark Souls 3 in the list too and so who knows — maybe you and I will end up playing it around the same time! I’m targeting late summer-ish for the next Souls game, whichever it ends up, either DS2 or DS3.

Anyways, I’m excited for you and all these great games you have!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic