Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,301 to 4,320 of 6,464

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger I totally agree on the fact that the 3D map was appropriate for Fallen Order as you’ve mentioned, it just felt very ‘Star Wars’ in its presentation. Guess it’s just a good job I ain’t really a hero in that universe as **** all would get done! 🤣

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Hey, every hero needs somebody to keep meticulous track of their completed objectives, hold them to a schedule and ensure 100% mission completion! That could be you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore ...well, the Star Wars universe would need to be real first.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger Control's map really is pretty bad but there's signage all over the Oldest House pointing you to other sections of the building, so most of the time you can just check which section the objective is in using the map and then follow the signs.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan That’s also a good point which I forgot to mention and I’ll tag @TheBrandedSwordsman on that — although TBS you haven’t expressed any significant difficulty with the map but if you are struggling to find a place and the map is confusing you where to go then following the in-game signs around the oldest house is actually more helpful. Just imagine like if you were walking through a real-life office building, the signs point you from one department to the next and almost always keep you on track.

@RogerRoger If the PS5 version was more of an upgrade (rather than what sounds like a downgrade almost) then I’d have considered going back to Fallen Order for the platinum, but honestly, it was my inability to 3-dimensionalize the space in my head and correlate it to the holomap that put me off a few of the trophies like collecting all the treasure and filling out the entire map. Some of the worlds were worse than others, though but in my mind a couple of them were like a ball of tangled yarn that I was trying to unravel each time I tried to get from point A to point B. But I agree the aesthetics of BD’s map were definitely very well done artistically. Of course at the time my experience with Metroidvania style gameplay was very dim and underdeveloped, so I’d probably do better now. It didn’t tarnish my overall enjoyment of the game though. It was still a fabulous time and the best Star Wars game I’ve probably played, at least certainty since The Force Unleashed.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Yeah I found the office building signs quite helpful and more useful than the map actually, I have actually been using them as a matter-of-fact!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I know, I know... I feel your pain, trust me!

Untitled

@Voltan @Th3solution @TheBrandedSwordsman Interesting point about the signage in Control. I wonder whether it was added after the map's design was finalised, or whether both elements were always supposed to complement one another as a kinda "best of both worlds" approach?

And that's fair enough regarding Jedi: Fallen Order, Sol (and yeah, they're continuing to patch the PS5 version, although I've read that most of the remaining issues concern the Photo Mode, so I'm tempted to give it another look-see this week). The mention of signage in Control reminds me of the similar markers on Zeffo. They make in-universe sense there, though. It's a shame something similar couldn't be worked out for Dathomir because, if I recall correctly, that was the most maze-like map for you?

Still no fast travel, I'm sorry to report. I know that was one of your other sticking points.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, I’ve forgotten exactly which worlds had me the most turned around, but Dathomir was a tough one.

Which area was the one where you had to jump down some kind of one-way descent course underground, dodging a few things along the way, and when you got to the bottom there was another large maze of platforms and side routes and enemies, and to get to certain points of the map you had to ride some sort of tram back up to the top and do the descending maze again? That one sticks out as a tough area to explore and I remember the map not helping me much because of several one-way routes which didn’t appear clearly delineated as such on the map. If memory serves, it was one of those map areas where I was missing like 5% toward map completion and for the life of me I couldn’t find where the small section of map I hadn’t explored was. And yeah, a fast travel option would have helped in that area 😅.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Oh, with the ice slides? That was Zeffo. Its signposts weren't ubiquitous and you're right, even I realised I'd picked the wrong elevator a couple times! It's interesting to compare Zeffo with Kashyyyk, because they're the only planets you must visit twice (for story purposes) yet the former is this complex maze of "come back later" dead-ends and the latter is a pretty linear, point-to-point map.

I remember thinking that those completion percentages were glitchy as I searched for one last crate, and there is one hidden away in that ice cave. Was a headache to track down, for sure.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yes! That’s the one. It was an ice slide (which I’ve never been a fan of ice in video games) that you had to navigate down. And I did so repeatedly trying to find all the passageways and just couldn’t get the completion percentage.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution There's a kick-yourself-for-missing-it ledge in the central cave, which is where I unlocked the last crate. Face the large ice wall where that creature smashed through to attack you, walk to the left and look down. I screamed when I saw it there because, like you, I'd been sliding for days.

Of course, now you say "Oh yeah, I got that one already!" and then, well... [throws up hands]

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Don’t remember if I found that area, it’s all fuzzy in my brain now. 😄
Cheers for the recommendation though, and I’ve made a mental note (which hopefully will stick in my cerebral catalogue) so I can find that if/when I return.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman thanks for the congrats! It was a good game, though I’m glad to move on. Sounds like Control is going swimmingly. Returnal has been kicking my butt, however I’ve got into the swing of things now and just defeated the first boss last night. I’m excited to hear your thoughts on some of the upcoming events in Control.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore The hotel segments in the game definitely do have a run-down Americana vibe to them, I feel like they should be called 'motel' segments ,in fact. Also I am glad you are enjoying GoT, I got pretty far with that before giving up during one particular mission, it's a lot of fun. Which mode are you playing in?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman by mode, do you mean Kurosawa or vivid colour? If so, regardless of my film student roots and my respect for Kurosawa, there's no way I'm playing GoT in B&W... its far too gorgeous.

And yeah, totally agree about the hotel, motel... (holidayyy-innn 🎵 ... sorry couldn't help myself there) definitely a motel.

**** DLC!

HallowMoonshadow

Apologies for the late reply @Gremio108 but everything is going pretty well on my end thanks

And I'll be sure to give Salt & Sanctuary a look-see then in the future. If it's seemed to have gripped you that much then there's surely something there and a 2D souls does sound rather interesting!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic