Forums

Topic: The Destiny thread.

Posts 321 to 340 of 381

Victor_Meldrew

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx I'm 295 so I'm definitely up for a weekend raid. Has anyone noticed that some of the public events are impossible? I got absolutely slaughtered by a couple of them yesterday.

Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: I'm talking about the old stuff, x3 fallen drop ships but on Venus, maybe they're wolves is why. Also a captain in the cosmodrome, I pumped his Head with lead and fusion rifle rounds and a couple of rockets, barely got him down a third.

Victor_Meldrew

banacheck

The King is dead.

We killed Oryx last night it was the second time we got to Oryx & the first time killing him, what a rush. Anyone else managed to kill Oryx yet?

banacheck

Ash_uk1

just brought the taken king, first time playing destiny in months. let me get used to the game again and id love to join you guys on some raids.

Ash_uk1

PSN: Ash_uk1

kyleforrester87

Really don't think I can I'm afraid, company around and it's going to be difficult for me to play while keeping up appearances!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

banacheck

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx:
Just seen your post now, I would have joined. Lets us know how you got on.

banacheck

BAMozzy

@banacheck: We reached the Warpriest - the first main boss of the raid.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

banacheck

@BAMozzy:

If you've got the Black Spindle & or the Touch of Malice both excellent raid weapons.

banacheck

kyleforrester87

I'm quite impressed with the new content, having beaten the main story line and working through a chunk of side quests ive just unlocked 4 new main story missions.

kyleforrester87

BAMozzy

@banacheck: I haven't got 'the Touch of Malice' Scout on either account but used the Black Spindle when I beat Oryx on my Xbox so know how good and useful that is. Scouts and Snipers are definitely favoured - the higher impact the better - especially if they have High Calibre Rounds perk...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

banacheck

@BAMozzy:
(Scouts and Snipers are definitely favoured - the higher impact the better - especially if they have High Calibre Rounds perk...)

Thats 100% true, the Touch of Malice is well worth getting especially for the raid.

These should help you find all the fragments.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TIHSEF_r-mQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w3w41bVRvHM

Forgot to ask did it drop any of the raid weapons for you?

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Its_badW0lf

How about we try again? This Friday?

I'm going to try and group up with strangers to make the most out of the raid before the reset, at least the damn warpriest, it's really easy if the whole group knows what they're doing.

But this won't be a raid that will be achievable by finding random groups I'm afraid, I wouldn't want to, the whole experience can be crap if even one doesn't know what's going on.

You and what army?

PSN: its_badW0lf

kyleforrester87

Yeah I can do Friday. It's a bit tough for me at the moment as I have my sister staying with me so I'm playing in between my girlfriend and her chatting rubbish

But I'll make sure I'm around Friday to get as far as we can get.

kyleforrester87

BAMozzy

@banacheck: All I got was Mouldering Shards but some got the Kingslayers Shell (not that I am Jealous...)

After several completions on the XB version though I have 2 Shotguns, the fusion, sniper rifle, Scout Rifle, Hand Cannon and a few pieces of the armour (over different characters)

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx Having completed the raid with various Random groups, I will say that it does set you back every-time someone leaves or you don't get the right balance - not necessarily in terms of class but in terms of roles, personality, attitudes etc too. Every time we had to replace someone, it took them time to adjust to the way the rest of the team were operating, slotting into the 'role' they are assigned to etc etc. Even when we had people who had obviously completed it before and had a higher light level than the rest of the team, more often than not it took a lot of attempts to get used to the communication we used, the role they were fulfilling etc. I would say that it is better if you can keep a team throughout the whole sequence and work through each section. By the time you reach Oryx, everyone is used to the team dynamics, communication and roles.

banacheck

@BAMozzy:

I've got the Kingslayers Shell on my Warlock, also got the Shotgun, Pulse Rifle, Scout Rifle & Auto Rifle. Got the Gauntlets & leg amour on my Warlock & leg amour on my Titan, hopefully get the Hand Cannon & or Sniper Rifle next.

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx
You really need six regular players that you play with to make life easier on yourselves, you can use random's some random's actually know what that are doing but others can be a total nightmare.

banacheck

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.