Forums

Topic: The Destiny thread.

Posts 141 to 160 of 381

Reverend_Skeeve
Tasuki

So I am going to post my thoughts on the whole Raid with friends only bit.  Some of you will see the same thing in the news article but I just wanted to post my thoughts here in case you missed it in the article.

Wow I can tell consoles gamers from PC gamers big time with this decision. If this had been a PC game no one would be complaining, PC games have been doing this for years with MMOS, World of Warcraft, Everquest, Lord of the Rings Online just to name a few. I don't understand why people are so upset yeah you need people on your friend list but does it have to be people you actually know? Just keep you eyes on sites like Pushsquare or other game forums or heck even the Destiny forums themselves. YOu will see a bunch of "guild" recruitment threads pop up.
I have been playing World of Warcraft for years and honestly I don't know any of my guild members in RL but I have grown pretty close to some of them to consider them some of my closest friends. Heck I didn't know any of you on Pushsquare before I joined but some of you I would consider friends now.

So I don't see what the big deal is.

This, indeed.

Reverend_Skeeve

Victor_Meldrew

The point is is that you dont have a keyboard to make friends with, you can't join with strangers until they're on your friends list. The tower is a shambles and the main way to communicate is repetitive dancing. This is the difference.

Victor_Meldrew

Tasuki
SimonAdebisi

The point is is that you dont have a keyboard to make friends with, you can't join with strangers until they're on your friends list. The tower is a shambles and the main way to communicate is repetitive dancing. This is the difference.

Ok so how is that stopping people from making a recruitment thread on a site.  I mean I see people for example here on Pushsquare making threads for meeting up in various games.  I mean I saw one for GTA Online awhile back, I have seen people make a thread for Killzone multiplayer.  So how would it be that much different for people to do the same with Destiny.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Punished_Boss_84

Interesting...

6Pfs2pz.gif

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

RoosterCogburn

I think that since everyone will know you will need six for raids from the very start of the game, I imagine many people will be making friends after completing strike missions. Hopefully by gaining friends through various sites and through strike missions it will not be a problem.

Grab and Growl

AlexStinton

Hey everyone,

Since we'll all need to get a decent number of people together to tackle these raids further down the line, I thought it would be worthwhile creating a Push Square community group over on Bungie.net.  Someone already had 'Push Square' - though I don't think it's someone from the site -  so I had to call it 'PushSquare' instead.

Feel free to sign up for danger, adventure and dancing!  http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/188073

Edited on by AlexStinton

Push Square reviewer

PSN: Aphex666 | Twitter:

Punished_Boss_84

I've joined.

"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA

Gamer83

I joined, I know I'm going to end up giving into the hype and buying the game, might as well meet up with people from here rather than randoms who probably just have designs on ruining the game for everybody else.

Gamer83

Scollurio

Im really curious. Only a few hours now. I just have the bad gutfeeling that the beta was already 50% of the game and maybe 80% of locations. D'uh.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

TOMBOY25
Reverend_Skeeve

I joined the clan as well!

@Scollurio Lets hope your gut is wrong!

videogamer.com has been streaming for about 5 hours and they seem pretty bored most of the time they've just reached the 2nd moon mission.

TOMBOY25

PSN: TOMBOY25

Scollurio

So any first impressions yet? Im still waiting for my PSN-store game to unlock in about 3 hours and something!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

xMEADx

xMeadx add me for end game plzz. To all those that are worried about completing end game without matchmaking, welcome to MMO's There will be no problem infact there would of been more of a problem if they included matchmaking as all end game matchmade groups would fail at the first real challenge, eventually resulting in people QQ'ing the game is to hard when the real problem would be ppl not preparing as they should thinking they they can simpley join matchmaking and get all the best loot. In FF a realm reborn they tried making matchmaking for the end game and they ALL fail so ppl have to make groups to do end game(T5 and above). Don't worry though, as expansions come out and there is more content, sooner or later the current end game will be put into matchmaking and the new end game will be pre made's only (thats if they follow the usual MMO way). Anyway its nearly time!! see you on Mars peeps.

xMEADx

PSN: xMEADx

Reverend_Skeeve

So I seem to have this problem: I installed the standard version of Destiny on my PS4 and the game doesn't show in the PS4s main menu or the library section with all my other downloaded or installed games. What I mean there's nothing. No icon to click, no entry no hint or clue that the disk is even entered. Also, when I go to the systems setting menu and access "System storage management" or what's it called, where I can access a graph of the space taken up on my HDD and check on and delete installed games and apps, there's no entry for Destiny at all. Again, it's like the game doesn't exist.

It DID install, though. After I popped in the disk, the PS4 started installing AND downloaded the day-1-patch. By clicking the intalled patch-symbol under Notifications--->Downloads I was able to start the game. Also, when I click on the "Player X played Destiny Digital Guardian Edition" news in the "What's new"-newsfeed, I'm also able to start the game.

After I entered my Gamestop DLC-code for the season pass, the game DID show up in my library, but when I click on it, the button that would normaly say "Start" says "Buy in store". I can start it via the library when I go on "Overview" and then click "Play Destiny now", but I'd love to have the game showing up in my normal Dashboard and avoid those work-arounds, but at least I can play it.

Anyone else have this problem or any idea how to fix this? Appreciate it, guys! And enjoy the game!

I do enjoy the game very much, though...can't wait to play beyond the beta-content...and I might be mistaken, or it may be wishful thinking, but I think the game looks even better again than in the beta.

Reverend_Skeeve

Scollurio
Reverend_Skeeve

So I seem to have this problem: I installed the standard version of Destiny on my PS4 and the game doesn't show in the PS4s main menu or the library section with all my other downloaded or installed games. What I mean there's nothing. No icon to click, no entry no hint or clue that the disk is even entered. Also, when I go to the systems setting menu and access "System storage management" or what's it called, where I can access a graph of the space taken up on my HDD and check on and delete installed games and apps, there's no entry for Destiny at all. Again, it's like the game doesn't exist.

It DID install, though. After I popped in the disk, the PS4 started installing AND downloaded the day-1-patch. By clicking the intalled patch-symbol under Notifications--->Downloads I was able to start the game. Also, when I click on the "Player X played Destiny Digital Guardian Edition" news in the "What's new"-newsfeed, I'm also able to start the game.

After I entered my Gamestop DLC-code for the season pass, the game DID show up in my library, but when I click on it, the button that would normaly say "Start" says "Buy in store". I can start it via the library when I go on "Overview" and then click "Play Destiny now", but I'd love to have the game showing up in my normal Dashboard and avoid those work-arounds, but at least I can play it.

Anyone else have this problem or any idea how to fix this? Appreciate it, guys! And enjoy the game!

I do enjoy the game very much, though...can't wait to play beyond the beta-content...and I might be mistaken, or it may be wishful thinking, but I think the game looks even better again than in the beta.

Sorry mate no idea how to fix your problem,
but about the game looking better than the beta, I'm having the same impression, also the AI seems to be tweaked a bit, they seem to act smarter.
Beyond that my judgement about the game would be: still as awesome as the beta (this is a compliment) I just hope it will diversify a bit later on. Btw, I love the moon missions. Awesome setting and lighting (although it's a quite unrealistic representation, I imagine it to be way more dusty - but at least you leave footprints, I was impressed by that - and the gravity should be almost non existant, also there is no atmosphere that would support the carriage of soundwaves and no oxygen to support fire in explosions. Yeah I know... nitpicking and it probably wouldn't play to well if it would be a floaty silent-movie.

#supportindies

Punished_Boss_84

PSN hasn't crashed yet? My word!

Thats unexpected.

Punished_Boss_84
Swiket

I had to settle for the pleb PS3 version.

Don't worry, thats what I'm settling for too!

arnoldlayne83

Warlock on my ps4... add me if you wanna team up....

Got something like 5/6 hours of gameplay yesterday.... good feelings, cannot say if it is getting stale on the long run, but I had fun... the points I love the most (not in order):

1) landscapes are great (Earth and Moon for the moment)
2) Music
3) Gunplay, love how the weapons are well differenciated, it really change the combat approach
4) the "old school/Asimov and co." graphical theme in the game... I love old sci-fi

What I don't like so much:

1) In the Crucible the team assignment is totally random, no compensation between diff player levels... if you are level 7/8 you have no chance against lv. 15 or more.... teams can be extremely umbalanced.... this issue must be really addressed by Bungie, cos at the moment the competitive experience is really flawed...
2) No chance to sell, exchange or borrow to your teammate the equipment you don't use.... I have already plenty of stuff for level 1-3 I keep carrying with me but don't know what to do with them

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

Reverend_Skeeve
arnoldlayne83

2) No chance to sell, exchange or borrow to your teammate the equipment you don't use.... I have already plenty of stuff for level 1-3 I keep carrying with me but don't know what to do with them

Actually, you can sell your loot/armor/weapons. In your characters inventory, put the cursor on the item you don't want anymore and push square (*giggle) to dismantle it. You get a small amount of glimmer, the ingame-currency, or in the case of uncommon/rare items some glimmer and some crafting materials.

But indeed there doesn't seem to be a way to transfer stuff to a friend. You can use the vaults in the tower to transfer stuff between your own characters, though.

Reverend_Skeeve

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.