Forums

Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)

Posts 241 to 260 of 339

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Cheers. I will of course try and defeat him the honourable way, which will involve me attempting it once, getting beat, and then cheesing the hell out of him. I've watched the vids and will have a go next time I get chance to play it.

One other question - did you bother with the dragon mask? I'm considering putting one or two levels into it

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 "Can you manage to remember 3 moves?" 😂

I think that was the only boss I cheesed. Oh maybe the one in the poison lake but that was by accident. The very last boss I wanted to but I found the method more difficult than the non cheese method. More cheese Gromit?

I think I got the dragon mask but never used it. I had completely forgotten about it tbh.

Have you rang the demon bell and done the other optional boss (those two things aren't linked)? I think it is tied with Guardian Ape with my fave boss fight.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder I rang the Demon Bell at one point and then forgot to undo it. I spent about four hours over two nights trying to defeat the fight with two apes. It was only after that fight that I realised I was playing on a higher difficulty. I'm never ringing it again.

I'm getting near the end so I've started looking at some trophy guides. The platinum is very much on, although I don't like the look of the Demon of Hatred fight. It's only now I've seen a guide that I've realised the second Owl fight is actually optional. I thought I had to do it!

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Ha ha that's funny about the demon bell! I only rang after I had completed the game.

The only thing that that put me off is upgrading all the prothestic tools to 100%. As you only get the materials for the higher tier stuff late on the game, it would mean playing the majority of the game again.

The Demon of Hatred fight is obviously tough and can be intimidating. It took loads of tries to down him, but it was such a fun epic fight in the end. Plus if you don't know who it is, it's a mahoosive twist. At least it was for me lol.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the Lapis Lazuli situation is something that's slowly dawning on me. Since the optional bosses are the only ones to have given me major trouble so far, I don't think it'll be as bad as it sounds.

I read a few bits and bobs about the Demon of Hatred, but none of them mentioned it being anyone in particular. You've got me thinking now. It'd be funny if it was Kuro, after all this trouble I've gone to for the bloody kid.

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Whoops, I'm say no more on the subject, only to say that I had it spoiled by reading an article (that did not have any spoiler warnings) and the clue to who it is, is in typical From fashion and you might very well miss it.

The area leading up to the boss fight is good for farming as you can sneak up on a lot of the enemies and they dish out a lot of xp.

The umbrella prothesic upgraded to shield you from fire damage is essential.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Cheers, I'll remember that about the umbrella. It'll be the first time I've really used it.

JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108 wrote:

@JohnnyShoulder Oh and cheers for the Owl tips by the way, beat him last night as a result

@Gremio108 Cool, no worries glad they helped someone! Did you use the power of The Cheese?

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder I was necking the Candies like nobodies business. I actually nearly had him the first time I booted it up. Then in classic Soulsborne fashion I got nowhere near for another hour or so. Eventually though I got him. I was a lot less tired than the other night, which made all the difference.

Demon of Hatred went down today. I found him easier than Daddy Owl. The Demon's first phase was by far the hardest I thought. When he brought out the fireballs I just ran past them and slapped him about while he did his weird yoga pose. In the final phase I just spammed the Malcontent because screw it. I'm now up to Isshin Ashina, who seems fairly tricky, but I've only had one go at him. I got to his second phase proper, not counting Zombie Genichiro at the start.

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Well done! Did you guess the`twist` for DoH? I never did use Malcontent that much. These last bosses have so many moves to remember its insane. This one you you can block, the next one you have to dodge to the right, the next one you have to roll under his legs etc.

Overall the bosses I think I've enjoyed the most in Sekiro more so than any other Soulsborne game. When it all clicks the fights feel awesome, almost like they are choreographed. The bosses in the other games I've mainly felt I've bumbled my way through or summoned help. To this day I still don't know how I managed To get through all the way to the end of Bloodborne as it was only my second Soulsborne after only playing part of Dark Souls. With Sekiro it does feel I've got through the game mainly by mastering the game and with all the skillz.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Oh yeah, the twist. I killed him and still hadn't figured out who it was, then I went to the room behind and spoke to the old lady. It messed with my head a little bit. And now he's not there, just a lump of wood or whatever it is in his place. These little touches are why I like these games so much. And you're right about the bosses. By this late stage in the game, there isn't really anywhere to hide and you need to know what you're doing. The Mikiri counter is essential.

What I don't like is Isshin Ashina. I've not been repeatedly spanked this much since I accidentally wandered into that S&M trade show. I can get to his second phase proper (third overall) but that's where it goes to pieces.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Scratch that last post. Just kicked his sorry arse all over the field, with several gourds left. Good fight that, it just needed patience.

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Yeah he was doing me head in but like you say it requires a lot of patience and he has a few annoying moves which can destroy you. I found the brolly useful for that fight too. When I beat him I was countering his lightning attacks every time which made it feel quite straight forward in the end. He has that one attack which goes on forever and with a delayed finish which took me ages to get used to.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah I felt the lighting attack made the fourth phase easier than the third if anything. Especially since it was mostly the same moves. It was just a case of holding my nerve. And changing my pants afterwards.

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 You can get 3 of the four endings now, make sure you back up a save to the cloud before you see Kuro.

I thought the Divine Dragon Boss fight was a bit pants. So wierd.

andreoni79

I've just met the Demon of Hatred for the first time. And I just ran away from him to use the Homeward Idol once hidden behind a rock. 😭 And I still have to beat Owl in Hirata.
Do I have to beat any mandatory boss before meeting Kuro? I wouldn't mind watching soon the ending I worked for...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 Yeah there is one final boss before you make your final ending decision. But you can still play the game after you beat the boss to mop up any trophies. You also get a choice of starting a new game + or continuing playing the game after the end credits. If you wanna see 3 out of the four endings, see my comment above.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Yep, done and done. Just the one ending to get now. I may be setting myself up for a fall here, but I can't see too many problems in new game+. The Owl fight on top of the dojo might be tricky, and I found the two Snake Eyes bosses difficult. But I'm confident.

I thought the Divine Dragon fight was beautiful to look at, but considering it was built up to be this big bad boss fight, I found it woefully easy. And that's not me boasting either. I still managed to die twice because I cocked up the timing on the lightning return.

Gremio108

@andreoni79 I found the last few bosses to be a bit of a grind. Just keep going, you're nearly there!

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 The fight on top of the dojo is different for that ending, you fight some one else. I'll say no more. I chose it by mistake thinking you could change it if you lose. So I had play an hour before again and choose the other option. I've got a save on a USB stick if I ever want to go back. Not sure if I'd get the trophy for defeating all bosses though.

I'd be interested to see how it plays on NG+ and how tough the enemies are.

Yeah the Fountain head place area was gorgeous but the DD fight was a bit of a let down. Loved the enemies in that area, very cool to fight.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic