Forums

Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 431

Thrillho

@Shellcore The % complete tally is weird. Some bits are super easy to complete like a certain number of random encounters etc, but others are finding all of each collectible which is just too much of a chore for me.

I got all the cigarette cards to get the trophy but did that by endlessly buying premium cigarettes near the end of the game.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@NecuVise I got all the legendary fish, found all dream catchers, and found all rock carvings. Wish I’d saved the time as the rewards are near pointless.

Thrillho

NecuVise

@Thrillho well, the point of games is to entertain you. If it's not entertaining you then don't do it. I didn't feel like loosing so much time on that and that's why I didn't do it.

NecuVise

Gremio108

@Shellcore 60-ish%. I'm at the very start of Chapter Five. Since my gaming was small bursts rather than extended sessions over Christmas, I decided to put it on hold, like one of those annoying 'mid-season breaks' they have in TV shows. I'll get back on it in January

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@NecuVise Oh, I completely agree. I enjoyed the fishing so that wasn’t a problem. I had most dream catchers so wanted to see how that ended, and had a few of the carvings already.

@Shellcore I just booted the game back up and having completed the epilogue, I’m on 93.5%.

I haven’t completed the dinosaur bones, exotics, or hunting requests; only have 40 weapons; have completed 1 challenge so also don’t have full cores; and only have 3/4 robberies.

EDIT: for what it’s worth, I have 50% of the trophies. I’m surprised the one for Marko Dragic is so low. The ones for surviving bear attacks, and for studying AND skinning every animal are a bit ridiculous.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Shellcore

@Thrillho That's incredibly good going. I was referring to story progression % as overall percentage depresses me. Don't tell me, but thinking I missed the Marko Dragic one as saw his second mission pop up, rode to it for it only to disappear. Camped out just in case it came back. Rather annoying.

PSN: Aleks-UK

Thrillho

@Shellcore I think it only appears at certain times of the day (a few side missions work like that a bit later in the game). The trophy relates to an unscripted event though..

I found the game picked up the pace a little in the 5th chapter onwards (the one where you go to Guarma ) and certainly feels more focussed from that point.

Do stick with it!

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Thrillho @Gremio108 @Hego @Shellcore @JohnnyShoulder @NecuVise @Jaz007 thank you for all the advise over the last week. I have decided rdr2 is just not for me after my latest death. The cumbersome controls and long playtime are the wrong combination when I will have no time in 2 weeks time and need to get through Astrobot and Soul Calibur 6.

Have a great new year. I can tell the game is amazing, the quality voice acting and immersion is second to none. Not good for me when I have 4 kids and have to play with subtitles to stop waking everyone up.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kidfried

Worst city to navigate through of all time: Saint Denis. Whether I'm walking or on my horse, people bump up to me all the time and then suddenly I have a bounty on me. It's getting to the point where I just avoid the city.

Love this game, but some of the design is backward.

Kidfried

Gremio108

@Kidfried Yeah, trying to go any faster than walking pace en route to the fence in the marketplace = one of the most hazardous things you can do in this game. Give me the alligators any day

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

ApostateMage

The fence's shop in Saint Denis reminds me of the shop where Randall Peltzer bought Gizmo from at the start of Gremlins. Just thought I'd share that with you all this morning.

ApostateMage

DiddyWahDiddy

I just started playing this week. I could spend hours just walking around town saying Howdy to people.

DiddyWahDiddy

PSN: DiddyWaDiddy

Kidfried

I've been really into this game over the last few days again. That really goes in waves for me, though.

I wonder what everyone likes about playing the game the most? I personally like the action driven main missions the most (robberies and such). Like the heists in GTA5, these are really well made and a lot of fun. Really interested if that goes for most or not!

Also, without spoiling of course, who are/were your favorite gang mates? Mine are Lenny, Javier and Sadie.

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried I think everyone likes Sadie. There are some great characters call through the game though. Some from later in the game I liked include Rain Falls, Charlotte, and Hamish.

And I liked the mix of missions. Obviously the big set piece ones are particularly great and I love ones where you all ride in together to storm somewhere. But lots of them have good bits of story to them.

Thrillho

Kidfried

Oh my, I think I just reached 'the' point. This game has some insane plot twists. Really need to play more right now, but alas, it's already 12 at night!

Kidfried

andreoni79

A friend of mine who was playing the game finished it last night so we finally had the chance to sum up our experiences. It ended we agreed Fallout 4 is a better open world!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Kidfried

@andreoni79 Personally I feel Red Deer 2 is the better game in any way to Fallout 4. Especially its world. But I'm interested how you came to that conclusion!

Kidfried

andreoni79

@Kidfried My friend got busted by the fact that in chapter 6 he lost all he worked hard for. He spent hours and hours hunting and collecting perfect pelts just to get some furniture that you are forced to lose. Then I told him: "In Fallout 4 you can see your settlements growing and living and if you spend time building them, you get rewarded for it since they add elements to the gameplay". He also hated the fact that you have to play missions how the companions (aka the devs) want you to play them or is game over. And you are also forced to use certain weapons instead of yours, more beautiful and powerful, just for the sake of the narrative. No sense of freedom at all, which we consider very important in an open world game. RDR 2 felt more like a linear action/adventure game with no invisible walls...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.