Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 241 to 260 of 672

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I know. Thankfully TC confirmed for me that it's meant to be more of a general backlog thread, which is the only reason it's useful for me, as I bounce back and forth between different systems frequently.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

Previous Backlog:

• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (done and done; great game)
  • Shenmue I & II (ah, the running gag... of course not)
  • The inFAMOUS series (claiming a partial victory; one down, four to go)
  • Deus Ex (I tried, I really tried, but alas)

Good ol' Shenmue, still keeping watch over my comings and goings. Now my OCD is starting to embed it in this topic, to the point where I may never play it.

Having finally gotten around to trying PC gaming, I've started cracking the dam behind a flood of childhood nostalgia. It's made me a little one-note around here, for which I apologise, but it's caused a temporary pause in my PS4 progress, as I fiddle with keyboards and resolution settings and wrestle with discontinued DRM programs... all that lovely nonsense. Over the past month, on PC, I've purchased, played and completed Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force and Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes.

Additionally, I'm currently underway with playthroughs of both LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and I've also purchased Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords and Star Trek: Hidden Evil.

But, as far as old PC games go, that's pretty much it now. There's very little else I can think of dragging back up from history, and PS4 is still my home for new releases. I'm kinda itching to get back to console now, too, so in the next couple weeks I'll likely return and pick up where I left off. I had a really great time with inFAMOUS, so its sequel on PS3 will probably be where I start. I did try playing the PS2 Classic re-release of Deus Ex one evening, but found it really clunky and difficult to engage with; I might've just picked the wrong mood, I'm not sure.

Because of that, I'm removing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided from my upcoming purchases, at least until I know that I'm gonna wanna play it; conversely, I did purchase inFAMOUS: Second Son and inFAMOUS: First Light on the strength of my experience with the first game, so they're ready to go. The surprise PS4 port of Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast is the only new, unforeseen addition.

So, after all that, here's my immediate backlog; things I wanna play / finish sooner rather than later.

Current Backlog:

• LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • Just Cause 4 Season Pass Content

Upcoming Purchases:

• Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
  • Dishonoured
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@themcnoisy I... understand to a degree. I'm not replaying Detroit over and over for nothing, after all. With that said, the last time I let trophies get to my head and started letting it affect my habits tremendously, I turned off trophy notifications and pretended like the things didn't exist for a while. You probably should as well.

Or, if you own a Switch or PS2 or some other system without trophies, maybe play on that for a while.

The big thing is to ween yourself off the need to collect trophies. They shouldn't be spoiling your fun.

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Well orighty then! ๐Ÿ˜œ

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

Been a long time since my last post. Generally I've done quite well and finished most of what I listed. Given it was eight months ago it would be disappointing if I hadn't! ๐Ÿ˜‚

UPDATE:

Old Lists

Currently Playing:

• * Super Smash Bros. Ultimate* - COMPLETED. I've now done all the single player stuff (100% Spirits, Classic Mode, World of Light and all but three offline challenges.
  • * Pokรฉmon Let's Go Eevee* - COMPLETED. Finished main story.
  • * Ratchet and Clank HD* (PS3 version) - COMPLETED
  • * Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm*
  • Hitman 2 - FAILED. To my annoyance I haven't got round to this but it is always on my gaming "to do" list.

Backlog:

1. Trails in the Sky SC - The clearing of my immense handheld on-the-go list continues and I've actually resumed playing this. On the final chapter.
2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Haven't touched.
3. Crash Bandicoot 3 - COMPLETED

Most Wanted:

I did purchase Yoshi's Woolly World and Bloodstained. They've both been completed.

New Lists

Currently Playing:

1. Dragon Quest Builders 2 - a massive game, but I've made solid progress and should be finished within the next week.
2. Trails in the Sky SC - Yes, it's been on my list for an eternity, but it will be done!

Backlog:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 - Played this solidly in March and finished Chapter 3, but then it drifted back into the backlog. Now in the mood to get back into it.
2. Hitman 2
3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Bought a Switch Pro Controller so am all ready to go
4. Tales of Hearts R - Aiming to replace Trails in the Sky SC as my primary handheld game as soon as I've finished it.

Most Wanted:

• Doom Eternal
  • Pokรฉmon Shield
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Largely a Switch focused end-of-year as the PS4 is starting to wind down. Rather tempted to get the saucy "Only on PlayStation" editions of Ratchet & Clank and Horizon Zero Dawn. Meanwhile my brain is screaming "what about your backlog, you goon?!"

@themcnoisy Completely understand trophy anxiety. These days I don't really care about getting them unless I'm really into the game or they're easy, but back in the early days of the 360 I'd strive to get as many achievements as possible, which in turn triggered anxiety.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

Previous backlog
1. Red Dead Redemption 2 Beaten!
2. Nioh (current main game) Eh...
3. Minit Platinum!

This backlog was old. I'm ashamed to admit I still haven't beaten Nioh. It even dropped from my priority list, as I kinda got bored of it. Loved many of the levels and fighting the bosses, but this game is a bit too long and a bit too repetitive.

Current backlog:
1. Yakuza Kiwami 2
2. Assassin's Creed Origins
3. Song of the Deep
(4. Nioh. I hope to beat it one day!)

Most wanted
1. Death Stranding
2. Abzu
3. Unravel 2

Kidfried

leucocyte

@themcnoisy - i kind of see where you're coming from, though in my case it's from not wanting to have a trophy list that's cluttered with games with small completion percentages, or just a few trophies.. i pretty much ignore games now that would fall into the "i'd probably not like it, but you never know" category because of it. also games that are massive, or have a high probability that i'll get bored long before the end, i generally don't consider anymore either, as experienced with the likes of assassin's creed origins, mass effect andromeda, far cry 4, watch dogs... where my trophy percentage is in single digits. it's why i skipped the likes of days gone. i'm not convinced it's something i'd really like, or at least like enough to finish 50 hours of it, and i don't want it sitting there with a 4% trophy completion.

i just don't like where modern gaming is going if i'm honest.. i don't have time or the interest for 100-hour open world games, or GaaS - i don't want it to feel like a chore where i have to keep up with the game at somebody's else pace, i don't know what happened to modern multiplayers, but they've mostly sucked since the arrival of current gen consoles - some glacial pace progression systems designed to entice you to spend to acquire or stuff gated behind "season passes" doesn't help either. i haven't bought a game since Detroit:Become Human last may, and probably the only two games i'll buy before PS5 are TLoU2 and Dreams (where at least i'll be able to play the @mcnoisy masterpiece). consequently i have no backlog to speak of.

leucocyte

Th3solution

>>>>Old backlog:
-Marvelโ€™s Spider-Man โ€” โ˜‘๏ธ Finished
-Valkyria Chronicles 4 โ€” โ˜‘๏ธ Finished
-Persona 5 โ€” No progress
>>>>Old Vita Backlog:
-Lara Croft Go โ€” โ˜‘๏ธ Finished
-Trails of Cold Steel โ€” No progress
-Danganronpa V3 โ€” No progress
>>>>Previous Planned Purchases:
-Code Vein โ€” Not yet
-Death Stranding โ€” Not yet
-Concrete Genie โ€” โ˜‘๏ธ Purchased and completed

๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜

>>> New backlog / currently playing:
-Assassinโ€™s Creed Origins
-The Last Guardian
-A Plague Tale
>>>Vita Backlog (my poor, poor Vita ...covered in dust):
-Trails of Cold Steel
-Danganronpa V3
>>>Current Planned Purchases:
-Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
-Death Stranding
-Final Fantasy 7 Remake

๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜๐Ÿ”˜

Games added 2019: 9
Completed in 2019: 18
Platinums in 2019: 7

Edited on by Th3solution

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

Ralizah

Old Backlog:
1) Spirit Hunters: Death Mark (Vita) (COMPLETED)
2) Tearaway (Vita) (FAILED; STOPPED PLAYING OUT OF LACK OF INTEREST)
3) Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Golden Deer Route (Switch) (COMPLETED)

=============================================================

New Backlog:
1) Pokemon Shield (Switch)
2) Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition (Switch)
3) Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (Switch)

Games purchased: 22
Games completed: 37

Kidfried

Three months later:

Current backlog:
1. Yakuza Kiwami 2 Beaten!
2. Assassin's Creed Origins (closer every day)
3. Song of the Deep Beaten!

New backlog:
1. Assassin's Creed Origins
2. Hellblade
3. Shovel Knight: King of Cards
(4. Nioh, maybe some day?)

I'm doing really good on keeping my backlog small this year. Just looking at the list, I almost beat everything I started.

Most wanted
1 Death Stranding
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Uncharted Lost Legacy

Kidfried

themcnoisy

Old Backlog

Play dreams - massive success, my favourite project has 107 Upvotes and I have built loads of assets.

To buy

Nothing. Just play dreams. - fail I bought death Stranding which is brilliant and got Fist of the North Star.

New Backlog

Death Stranding, connecting all the cities up to UCA level and swapping gear with a porter

Shenmue 3, start it up

To buy

Final Fantasy 7 remake (am I writing this Omg)
The last of us 2

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Gremio108

I've not posted in this thread for absolutely ages...

OLD BACKLOG
Red Dead Redemption II - Done
Shenmue I - Done
Shenmue II - Done
Nioh - Done
Wasteland 2 - Failed! (I actually sold it)
Yakuza Kiwami - Done
Sekiro - Done
Shenmue III - Currently playing

Quite a few things have been released or popped up on PS Plus since then.

NEW BACKLOG
Shenmue III
Borderlands 2 Fight for Sanctuary DLC
Knack I and II
Hitman

TO BUY
Borderlands 3
Death Stranding
Horizon Zero Dawn

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

Oh my wordy-wordy-word. Totally forgot to update this topic!

Previous Backlog:

• LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (done the story, at least)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (nope; abandoned this disappointing chore)
  • inFAMOUS 2 (again, nope... maybe in the New Year?)
  • Just Cause 4 Season Pass Content (yes, and it was very good)

Obviously the biggest scalp since September has been Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, which I've not only played twice but also gotten the platinum trophy for (he says the day before its Photo Mode finally drops so yeah, expect a third playthrough to take up most of my holidays)!

I also played and completed numerous games for which I've written reviews, including Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb on PC, a trio of James Bond 007 games on PSone, The Simpsons Game and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas on PS3 and ABZร› on PS4. There was also the surprise port of Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast on PS4, which came and went pretty quickly. Yesterday I managed to complete another PC game, and I'm currently working on its long-form review. Chuck in a couple evenings mucking about with random, enjoyable distractions, like various Hitman 2 seasonal events and Elusive Targets, and that's been me, I guess.

Current Backlog:

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Photo Mode Playthrough
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • Shenmue I & II (yes, they're back!)
  • Many Random PC Games

Upcoming Purchases:

• LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  • Dishonoured

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 You've done well completing all those games from your backlog! We done sir.

@RogerRoger ๐Ÿ˜‚ Shenmue 1 and 2. Do you think they will be here this time next year!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

I have 10 days off over Xmas. Hopefully I'll have the platinum in Death Stranding before they roll round, then I'll finish off Tales of Vesperia and Undertale before starting RE2 remake. How many games do you guys have going at any one time?

MightyDemon82

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks! In the last couple of years I've got better at staying focused on the games I want to play. I'm not sure how, it's just happened. Also as I've got older I've got better at just discarding a game if it's not doing it for me. I used to really get bothered by dropping a game halfway through, but it's got much easier recently for some reason.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 snap. I know exactly what you mean. I also think as games have become a huge time commitment, you need to play something you are enjoying.

For instance I remember playing 3 hours of Dragon Age Inquisition and afterwards thought, nope not for me. Similar with Bloodborne after a few times losing my gear. It wasn't ticking any boxes and I was lacking motivation to proceed, doing the dishes felt more appealing.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KALofKRYPTON

@Gremio108 @themcnoisy Totally agree.

I'm OK with playing some of a game, even having enjoyed it and moving on if it's not compelling. Mad Max was a good example of that.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@MightyDemon82 I usually have 2-3 in the active rotation. I try to have one them be a larger epic type of game, typically an open world time-sink, as well as one or two shorter experiences or drop-in-and-out games (like a fighter, a platformer, a racing game, or a sports game) to cleanse the palate periodically. Often Iโ€™ll have a less intense narrative driven game going on also, like a walking sim, visual novel, or Telltale / Quantic Dream style game as well.

Lately I try not to have two complex long rpg type games going at the same time because inevitably one will dominate the other and then confusion ensues about what the heck is going on and which button does what. ๐Ÿ˜…

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

mookysam

Old Lists

Was Playing:

1. Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Done! Dusted! Platinumed!
2. Trails in the Sky SC - At last, this was finished. Yay me.

Backlog of the past:

My illness has thrown something of a spanner in the works and set me back quite a bit with my backlog progress.

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 - Didn't touch it.
2. Hitman 2 - Love Hitman! It's awesome! Was actually in the midst of playing this and got up to Bangkok from the legacy pack. Shall resume.
3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Y'know, aside from the music I think I may just loathe this game. According to my Switch I've put 70 hours into this. Do I continue after this massive time investment? I'll have to see, but I've recently realised that life is too short.
4. Tales of Hearts R - I was playing this and like most Tales games it's as comfy and cosy as a warm woollen glove. Nowhere near finished, of course.

Most Wanted:

• Doom Eternal - This has been delayed to one of the most crowded gaming seasons ever. Ah well, Bethesda.
  • Pokรฉmon Shield - PURCHASED! Currently playing this.
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 - On my Christmas list
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - On my Christmas list

Sam's Super Awesome New List of Festive Awesomeness!

Currently Playing:

1. Pokรฉmon Shield - Just beat the first gym.

Backlog:

1. Tales of Hearts R - This has temporarily moved back to the backlog while I focus on Pokรฉmon.
2. Hitman 2 - Shall resume this once I'm home.
3. The Outer Worlds

Most Wanted:

1. Final Fantasy VII Remake
2. Kingdom Hearts 3 Oddly named DLC
3. Persona 5 Royal

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic