Forums

Topic: God of War OT

Posts 461 to 480 of 807

Th3solution

@Arugula Lol, well maybe. When you say it like that it sounds trite though. 😂

All I can say is I can relate to a few of the issues you have in the opening hours. For me it felt like the game really hit its stride in the middle. But like colonel says, it may never endear itself to you, and that’s okay too. Although you’re only allowed to dislike 2 out of Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, and God of War — so in order to maintain balance in the Universe, you simply have to like this game. 😜

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

Th3solution wrote:

you’re only allowed to dislike 2 out of Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, and God of War — so in order to maintain balance in the Universe, you simply have to like this game. 😜

DUDE!!!! Universal laws have to be earned through a life-time of suffering and deathbed reflection... and even then the vast majority of eejits fail to make head-nor-tail of it all. You can’t just go dispensing them on internet gaming forums! 🧐

Next thing you’ll be doing is explaining the reliance the One Above All has on the fact that (and therefore the reasons why) ‘Xbox has no games’ 😝

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore wrote:

@Arugula well hopefully it’ll click with you at some point but even if it doesn’t, sometimes as a gamer you just ‘have to’ play through a game (whether your into it or not) as it is just such a cultural phenomenon. I did it with Last of Us (& probably a few others that escape me right now).

@colonelkilgore I'm the opposite and it doesn't really matter how important the game is supposed to be or how popular it is, a game isn't clicking with me, instead of trying to force the issue, I'd rather just move on if I'm not enjoying it.

Sure there will be moments in game that if you stick with it things might eventually gel, but if I've played a game for a dozen or so hours and I've not enjoyed it so far, I feel that is enough time that I've invested into the game to know that it is not meant to be.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder and as I said to you yesterday regarding trophies, that is perfectly fine... we’re all in it (gaming) for our own enjoyment and we can choose to enjoy it in anyway we choose to

As I also told you yesterday, I used to be the same and would stop playing something a couple of hours in if I wasn’t feeling it. On quite a few occasions since though, I’ve stuck with things that initially weren’t clicking and by the end was a thoroughly worthwhile experience.

We’re all different, as is evident from @Arugula struggling to connect with a game (well a whole truckload of ‘em tbh) that is as universally adored as any game out there. The idiosyncratic nature of individual personal preference is one of the many things (along with the crazy psychology of PS trophy hunters) that I find incredibly interesting.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah not saying anyone is right ot wrong. Different strokes for different folkes innit.

I used to stick with stuff a lot longer than I do now, but as I've got older I rather enjoy the games I play.

And its not like I give up at the first instance of a game not clicking, but there is there is line that I draw sometimes and think is it really worth continue to play this if I'm not enjoying it?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder no judgement here bro (though I’m sure some of my comments could be ‘read’ in that way)... just keep enjoying the medium (not that Gamepass fodder btw 😉) in any way you feel fit and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

**** DLC!

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder I gave up on Assassin's Creed Odyssey after fifty hours of it not really clicking with me. But that's probably not what you mean!

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Sort of! I've done the same with other games and wondered why I've stuck with it for so long, but usually I have enjoyed it up until then and it only just become a boring slog or something like that.

ralphdibny

I finally finished God of War Ascension the other day and that's the end of the Greek era for me! I actually quite liked Ascension, it had good pacing and it was rarely dull. It looks great but like some other PS3 games, it would have looked better if it had a lick of paint for a PS4 remaster! I quite enjoyed the orkos stone gimmick where you create a copy of yourself.

See ya!

MightyDemon82

I decided to revisit the game as a workmate is playing it. onto my final two trophies after beating the story 3 years ago, I took out Hildr and Rota back to back on Sunday. all that's left for me to do is beat Sigrun and open the 3 realm tears in the workshop in Niflheim. Getting Anchor of fog to spawn is pretty tricky I haven't came across one yet, will continue to get my ass handed to me by Sigrun until the stars align and then I'll just grind the maze until i get the platinum!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

sorteddan

@MightyDemon82
From what I remember if you change your set up to massive luck stat you greatly increase chances of those anchors turning up.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

MightyDemon82

@Sorteddan Thanks I'll give that a go once I'm done the Valkyrie Queen.
Getting close now. Hopefully I'll beat her next time I'm on!

MightyDemon82

colonelkilgore

@Arugula yeah everyone is different and if you don’t enjoy them I definitely don’t blame you. I have 2, Ascension and 3 left to play and will fit them in as and when I fancy something short and sweet with ‘combo’ heavy gameplay. Think I’m gonna get 2 done next week.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Arugula it’s all good mate, we all get such little spare time that we should definitely be prioritising the games we enjoy over games we feel that we ‘should’ be playing. Hope your next game clicks.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Arugula Hey, it happens. Me and The Witcher 3, for example.
So you are forgiven. Now go forth and sin no more.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

I'm glad I decided to stick with this game. It really does improve when you unlock more skills for Kratos and can explore a little bit. Just stumbled on some sort of optional island while I was looking for a statue of Thor, and it was great. Tons of challenging enemies (on hard mode, anyway), a boss fight, puzzles, gear, and a big dragon whose atomic flame attacks I had to keep dodging. It was way better than anywhere the main plot has taken me. And, not being required, there was a minimum of interruption: just me, my kid, and a large, semi-non-linear environment to explore.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

colonelkilgore

@Ralizah glad you’ve found that ‘hook’ that appeals to you… it really is a masterpiece but you have to scratch beneath the surface a little. I played it on hard too (also with manual aim for axe throwing and Atreus’ arrows) and I found the combat simple to initially engage with but surprisingly layered when you need to dig deep.

**** DLC!

Ralizah

@colonelkilgore The enemy balancing is interesting, because some of the optional environments mix fairly easy to kill mobs with these over-powered foes who can kill me in one hit. Not even bosses do that outside of telegraphed super moves.

Speaking of bosses, that dark elf boss was pretty cool. Like something out of a Souls game with how reliant the fight was on aggressive attacks and constant dodging.

I'm mildly concerned about how hard it's going to be to clean up some of these collectibles later in the game, though. The map doesn't seem very accommodating when it comes to tracking down specific items.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I know exactly what island you mean and yeah, that’s when it clicked with me too. The optional areas around the lake were the highlight for me.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@Ralizah yeah, there are some really hard hitting mob enemies… and yeah those dark elves (and the boss) were probably the first real challenge I faced during my playthrough. Even though the levelling system is basically just gear-reliant, you do feel very empowered by the end of the game… that and the enemy attack patterns embedding will mean that you’ll have a lot less trouble with all of these as you progress.

The collectible mop up wasn’t ‘that’ bad from what I recall… though I recall being one chest short for a while. I eventually located it hidden behind some overgrowth though… still, I was perplexed for a minute.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic