Forums

Topic: General The Division 2 Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 155

Splat

I'm just playing to play at this point. Bring on the Raid...

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

WanderingBullet

I'm waiting for the raid too since the repetition is getting a bit boring now. I'm only playing trying to get exotics and maybe some gears to make my build.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Thrillho

I only got World Tier 1 the other day. Is there a reason why control points now randomly get retaken?

Thrillho

Splat

Thrillho wrote:

I only got World Tier 1 the other day. Is there a reason why control points now randomly get retaken?

Just to keep you busy.

Thrillho

@Splat Fair comment

You do seem to be able to rattle through the world tiers though as I'm onto the second level already.

Thrillho

Throb

I just did the Tidal Basin second time round to finish off the invasion part and was expecting lots of lovely loot drops to boost my score but every piece of item I collected on that very last level was lower than my currently equipped items! Every other level I have played has always given me better loot after the round!

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

WanderingBullet

@Throb Atm, just go for 500 overall score, don't bother going out of your way trying to get any higher than that since loot drops tends to reward you with gears ranging anywhere between 490-500. If I'm not mistaken 500 is the cap for loot drops even if you're say 510.

Throb

@WanderingBullet I think i'm at 478 at the moment, was hoping for more but I knew there would be a point where it would tail off

WanderingBullet

@Throb Edit: I thought it was between 490-500 but you can still get 480+ purple gears even when you're 500 or higher unfortunately.

Splat

I for one won't use a piece of gear just to get a higher gear score. It has to fit my play style. I have a 504 gear score but you can be over 500 with just an "ok" build if all you are doing is just using the highest gear scored stuff.

Edited on by Splat

WanderingBullet

True, my point is why drop such low gears? Most people had a bunch of random of recalibrated gears on in order to get to 500. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again if the raid requires a higher gear score than say 510. Right now, my gear score is only 500. Haven't recalibrated much. Trying to get desired gears and perks has been a pain in the butt.

Throb

@WanderingBullet Thanks. I'm now at 498 and getting random from 480 to 500. I haven't really got in to the recalibration side of things. It baffled me at first and I haven't gone back to it to make more sense of it...

Throb

I've started having a look around the Dark Zones. On my second visit, I had accumulated enough gear to go to the extract zone. When I got there, there was already a rope line dangling down, so I went up to it to put my gear on. The prompt said to press triangle, so I did but this was to cut someone elses gear off the rope!!! I was stumped but then I was assaulted by 4 other players and quickly died...

Splat

It sucks the main reason the Raid got delayed is because of PVP. I don't care one bit about PVP and it sucks that it keeps effecting PVE stuff. Like, nerfing my rifle...

WanderingBullet

@Splat Don't think you're going to like it if the Raid requires 515 gear score since you can get only get 515 gears from the Dark Zone. Apparently, the Raid will reward 530 gears. Not really a fan of the gear score system and why they keep increasing it. Means you can never stick to your build (if your have one) for long. Personally, I think they should just increase the gear score once per-world tier.

LiamCroft

@WanderingBullet There's no way the raid will require a gear score of 515, that would be stupid of them. 490 max I reckon.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

Splat

Yeah, it sucks that they keep trying to force people into the Dark Zone. First, it was for the Exotic LMG and now for 515 gear. That gun ended up not being very good anyway but I don't think it's right locking it behind a wall like that.

Most of the play base is made up of PVE so I don't know why they are putting so much of a focus on PVP? I don't think the game should even have PVP to be honest. It's not about skill it's about who has the best gear. They have admitted that even in normalization the player with the best gear has an advantage.

As a PVE guy, I'm starting to get worried about future content...

WanderingBullet

@LiamCroft You think so? That would be great but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised it if was higher than 490. The developer said during the State of the Game if you want to power creep you'll have to play the DZ in order to get 515 gears. It's their way to encourage players to play the DZ since not many people play them. However, by introducing 530 gears in the Raid, no ones gonna want to play the DZs. Unless of course the Raid only drops Raid related gears and nothing else than that would make sense.

Throb

So now that i'm at 500, I have nothing more to attain? Just some recalibrations? I'm happy with my loadout, I don't need to tweak it because i am happy with what I have. So where does the game go from here? It's certainly squashed any enthusiasm from me...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.