Forums

Topic: 4k TV Recommendations

Posts 301 to 310 of 310

Nexozi

Hey all, I got a an LG CX there in August and would recommend it. Especially if you play mostly in a dark room. The PS4 Pro is amazing on it, so can't wait to see what the PS5 is like as it'll be able to use freesync and 120 fps. Please note if playing during the day it is very reflective in dark scenes. I have a 100w bulb right behind me and it can be seen when darker images are on screen. Playing in the dark is another level though. The pure blacks make the TV look like its floating. I got a 5 year warranty with Currys and the sales guy said on video call that they cover burn in. Though to minimise and risk I have everything turned on and alternate my games.... Unless I'm playing ghost of tsushima. 😂 If leaving the TV for any time, even going to the bathroom, I turn it off. Any questions please ask.

Nexozi

BAMozzy

@LieutenantFatman If you want the 'full' range of features the PS5 will offer, you NEED HDMI 2.1 as well. Without it, you won't get 120fps and chances are, you won't get Variable Refresh Rates - which mean unless the game is 30fps or 60fps, you will get screen judder or screen tear as the frame rate won't line up with the TV's refresh rate.

I think those are the two biggest game changers for next gen console gaming and displays. Gaming monitors have had 120+ refresh rates and Variable Refresh Rates for but these coming to next gen consoles and TV's is a big step. HDR came a few years ago so I think if that as more of a current gen innovation - I would certainly recommend getting the 'best' HDR screen you can - the greater the HDR performance, the greater the difference over SDR and bigger benefits it offers.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

LieutenantFatman

@BAMozzy thanks, that's very informative, I wasn't aware of that. I will definitely make sure it has than then, can't be having screen judder / screen tear.

LieutenantFatman

Kidfried

@Dakuwaqa I am very happy with it personally. Though I must add it is not fully future proof.

The TV doesn't have HDMI2.1 which means it will not be able to run 4K + 120FPS. For me that isn't a problem at all, but if it is important for you, you might wanna look somewhere else.

It is a great TV. The screen has vibrant colors, and can go very bright, even gaming in sunlight is not a problem. And I like the Samsung OS better than most Smart TVs.

Also very well adapted for gaming with low latency and such on its game mode.

I think it's a great choice (if not the best choice) if you are looking for a 43" inch TV. But if you have space for something larger, than there are better options on the market.

Kidfried

JimbobLink

Personally I would be very hesitant to recommend OLED to anybody.

I've had the LG OLED55B7V for 2 years, and it is suffering from significant "pixel wear", and the panel is going to be replaced by LG at a cost of £200. Fortunately, Richer Sounds (where I bought the TV from) have agreed to cover this cost despite "screen burn" not being covered under their warranty.

One thing to note about OLED is that "pixel wear" is cumulative. So having something Red on screen for 10 hours continuously is the same as having something Red on screen for 1 hour every day for 10 days.

If you alternate your content a lot, all this actually does is make the pixels wear more evenly so you don't notice the problem

JimbobLink

Ridwaano

@LieutenantFatman
The best you can get is lg x10 48 inch!
Highly recommended got all the features you need. Only down side is the price

Ridwaano

Ridwaano

@JimbobLink
They have come a long way since the OLED 7-Series. They got way more Anti brun Inn features. Like reduces the light on logo's specifically

Ridwaano

JimbobLink

@Ridwaano OLED doesn't typically suffer from "burn in" in the traditional sense. The main issue is "pixel wear" which is a gradual wearing out and dimming of the pixels' ability to display colours properly.

From what I can make out, the newest features from LG are designed to even out pixel wear, not stop it from happening.

JimbobLink

andreoni79

Is a 50" UltraHD tv worthy € 190 even if it won't run120FPS? My games on an OG PS4 will look any better? I still don't have a PS5 and I could go with this tv now, giving my actual FullHD to my mum since her tv is dead.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.