Forums

Topic: Team Knack Attack Six Pack Shack

Posts 121 to 140 of 275

Gremio108

I've not played too many from this list. I'm having trouble figuring out where I would put all the Dragon Age games. I enjoyed them all but I don't know which is my favourite.

Origins is the game that started the series, but it could be considered the weakest, looking back. There were large sections which I didn't enjoy, such as the Tower of Magi (sorry anyone who loves that bit). The characters are so good though.

Awakening I think we can put in 'Existing'. It's good fun but it doesn't bring much to the table really.

Dragon Age II, well... I feel like I'm going to have a hard time convincing people here, but it really is a great game. The plot goes to some surprising places, as do some of the side-quests. The setting feels like a living, breathing place and although yes you do spend a lot of time there, if you let yourself get immersed in it, you'll have a whale of a time. People were expecting a similar location-hopping story to the first game and it suffered because of it. But it's really good!

I'm leaning towards Inquisition as the best. It was the perfect culmination of everything that came before it, and again the characters and locations were a triumph. And the dragons were something else.

I'd probably say:
Dragon Age Origins: Important
Dragon Age Awakening: Existing
Dragon Age II: Important
Dragon Age Inquisition: Very Important

The only other one I've played is Dishonoured, which is one of the PS3's hidden gems. I loved it, although I never really got the hang of the stealth and just ended up killing all the enemies anyway. That might be me being rubbish though. The powers really set this game apart and make it stand out in my memory. The world was a dark, twisted place and some of the snatches of lore were very well-written and brilliantly thought out. The developers knew their world, which is actually a rare thing in gaming.

Dishonoured: Important, maybe Very Important

So does this mean a different team gets the Dark Souls games and Demon's Souls?!

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha us over at team Microtransaction have Dark Souls 1 & 2 and Demon's Souls @Gremio108

Feel free to come have a look! I'm the only one on our team who's played Dark Souls 2 so if you have, it'd be good to see if you agree with my thoughts

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Gremio108

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Had a look before. Now that I think about it, I've only played it on PS4. Given that my favourite parts were the DLCs, you're right in saying that the PS4 version is superior.

Saying that, I guess you don't have to fight the Fume Knight on PS3. Every cloud.

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy
Ah.

Yeah, she got well in to it. She tried to show it to me once, speeding through menu after menu (after menu, after menu) trying to explain what it all was... Went very much over my head.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Have you guys got Dark Void too?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

We do @KALofKRYPTON

Only ZeD has played it out of all of us, he gave it a 2 - Not Important

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ouch, shame. It's a decent 3rd person action game with great flight gameplay and an absolutely wonderful score by Bear McCreary. Once of the finest scores on any game on PS3 I'd say.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

Well you could always try and make a case for it in our thread if you want @KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON

HallowMoonshadow

No problem! Hope it goes well! 😀

Certainly an interesting case you make... Plus i didn't know any of the composer's other work, so that's an eye opener!

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy He gets about - certainly after BSG did so well.

I'll probably made a similar argument for John Debney's score for Lair when that comes up

AdamNovice

@KALofKRYPTON @Kidfried @Gremio108 @Fight_Sora_Fight @Octane @mookysam
Here's the latest summary including the games we haven't played that I've researched.

VERY IMPORTANT
Dishonored
Dragon Age Origins
Dragons Crown
Disgaea 4

IMPORTANT
Disgaea 3
Disgaea D2
DJ Hero
DmC Devil May Cry
Dragon Age Origins Awakening
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age Inquisition
Dragon ball Xenoverse
Dragon's Dogma
Dragon Quest Builders
Driver San Francisco

EXISTING
DJ Hero 2
Disney Universe
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Drakengard 3
Ducktales Remastered
Duke Nukem 3D
Don Bradman Cricket
Dungeon Siege 3

UNIMPORTANT
Duke Nukem Foerever
Dreamworks Superstar Kartz
Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z
Dragon Ball Raging Burst
Dragon Ball Raging Burst 2
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
Doctor Who The Entirety Clock
Dynasty Warriors 6
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
Dynasty Warriors 7
Disney Sing It
Disney Sing It: Family Hits
Disney Sing It! – High School Musical 3: Senior Year
Disney Sing It: Pop Hits

POINTLESS
Das Duell – Männer vs. Frauen: Partyspaß Total!
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 Cauldron HQ
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 Cauldron HQ
Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts Cauldron

Let us know what you think.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@AdamNovice Looks good to me, I think Duke Nukem Forever and Doctor Who: The Eternity clock could be knocked down to POINTLESS?

Gremio108

@AdamNovice Looks good to me.

Disney Sing It! – High School Musical 3: Senior Year has been in my backlog for years. Never seem to get around to it

mookysam

A few thoughts on this week's games:

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten IMPORTANT (thanks @themcnoisy)

Dishonored - VERY IMPORTANT

A late-gen new IP that turned out to be an absolute gem of a stealth game and one of my favourite titles of the generation. Heavily influenced by Thief, it similarly makes use of a variety of supernatural powers - here ranging from short range teleporting (a fun way to move around unseen) and possessing rats - as well as traditional weaponry such as swords, crossbones and hidden blades. Each level is a wonderfully built mini sandbox with a myriad of ways to go about completing missions and a nice variety of side objectives that encourage exploration. Non-lethal methods often turn out to be the most fun and it's clear that a lot of thought went into mission design. Direct combat is however a weak point, so playing carefully and stealthily is the way to go.

The dark and grimy Dunwall, which seems to be based in part on Victorian London, is a great setting. Levels range from the imposing headquarters of Dunwall's religion and its surrounding streets, to a brothel, to a giant bridge based on Tower Bridge. The world building elevates the game, with a wide variety of lore dotted about, and a feeling that Dunwall has a deep and interesting history. Interestingly Dunwall is designed by Victor Antonov, who also designed Half Life 2's City 17. An all-star cast, including Susan Sarandon and Brad Dourif, give good performances - particularly Sarandon as the spiteful and deranged Granny Rags.

DmC: Devil May Cry IMPORTANT

Dante's bizarre redesign irked a lot of long time fans, and the shift to 30fps gameplay was unfortunate, but DmC (a title that will never cease to annoy me) is actually a pretty good hack n slash game. I haven't personally played it, but my friend enjoyed it a great deal.

Dragon Age: Origins IMPORTANT
Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening EXISTING
Dragon Age II IMPORTANT - Thanks @RogerRoger for your feedback on the game!
Dragon Age: Inquisition IMPORTANT
Dragon's Crown IMPORTANT
Gorgeous 2.D artwork. I love Vanillaware games.

Dragon Quest Builders IMPORTANT

I played this on the Vita. My personal favourite game of 2016, Builders is a delightful and skilfully crafted hybrid of an action RPG and Minecraftian building sim. It has all the whimsy and charm you'd expect from a Dragon Quest game, bolstered by a wonderful and hilarious script.
You play as the builder (you're repeatedly reminded that you're not a hero) and must collect materials from each map to restore light and rebuild the ruined world. Builders has an excellent structure, with the game divided into chapters - each with a discreet sandbox - so you're never left with no clue what to do. Outside of a few mandatory tasks in each chapter, it's entirely up to you how you go about building the various towns - and building is a lot of fun. At the end of each chapter you must fight bosses whose attacks are capable of ruining your towns, so fortifying your settlements is an absolute must. Watching your beloved creations get destroyed is rather upsetting.
Whilst building and crafting is the main focus, there's also a lot of enemy battles, which are easily the game's weakest element.
Another downside is that between each chapter you lose everything (including stamina), so must start from scratch. However, the process of doing this is actually rather rewarding, with new armour, materials and inventory items available in each part of the game.

DuckTales: Remastered UNIMPORTANT
Foul, ugly 2.5D and off physics are the order of the day. I really quite disliked this game. Yuck.

Das Duell – Männer vs. Frauen: Partyspaß Total! - POINTLESS

Was this released anywhere but Germany? Watched a trailer anyhow (there doesn't seem to be any gameplay videos) and it looks like a pretty ugly, naff mini-game collection filled with the joys of motion control. It has 25 mini games. Good value? I can't tell.

Duke Nukem Forever POINTLESS
Notable for its protracted, notoriously troubled development and changing hands a number of times, before finally being patched together for release by Gearbox. It looks messy, dated and hideous on all accounts.

Duke Nukem 3D EXISTING
An important and influential game when it was originally released, but in terms of the state of the genre on the PS3, it was rather dated.

Dynasty Warriors 6
Dynasty Warriors 7

I do enjoy Musou games, but haven't played any of these.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

themcnoisy

@mookysam DW 6 would be existing DW 6 Empires would be pointless. DW 7 is important / existing. It had a better engine and gameplay stuff going on. DW 7 extreme legends is the best DW mainline game luckily we have that in our list. It went with a sink included approach.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Fight_Teza_Fight

From this weeks list, I've played:
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Very Important
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Important
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Important
Dishonored Very Important
Dragon Age: Origins Very Important
Dragon Age II Existing
Dragon Age: Inquisition Existing
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z Pointless
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit Unimportant
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast Existing
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 Existing
Dragon Ball XenoVerse Important
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi Important
Dragon Quest Builders Existing

The only games that I consider to be Very Important are Dishonored and Disgaea 3.
Personally speaking Dishonored offered a level of- ahem level design/mission approach I have never seen before on last gen consoles. Kill Everyone? Fine. Pacifist? Fine. Go the entire game undetected? No problem.
Disgaea 3 was the first Disgaea game that really sucked me in. To date it is the most hardcore traditional JRPG I've ever played. It's a massive step-up from Disgaea D2 imo and arguably offers more content/quality than Disgaea 4. The story of D3 is very easy to get behind. Mao is the son of a Overlord...he's a big comic book/super hero fan and he wishes to obtain the power of a hero (strength of heart) to take down the evil Overlord.
This introduces the item/class world that essentially lets you beat the weakness out of your heart in order to gain strength & it's a major feature of the game.
The sequels D4 (& D5) just have this as a feature.
Disgaea 4 is probably the better game, while D5- which isn't up for discussion here, is the best and most streamlined game.

I'll offer some more thoughts on the rest of the games later, but in large I don't really disagree with the placements.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

AdamNovice

@KALofKRYPTON @Kidfried @Gremio108 @Fight_Sora_Fight @Octane @mookysam
Here's the revised list. If your happy with say "LOCK" and I'll accept that as your final decision.

VERY IMPORTANT
Dishonored
Dragon Age Origins
Disgaea 4

IMPORTANT
Disgaea 3
Disgaea D2
DJ Hero
DmC Devil May Cry
Dragon Age Origins Awakening
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age Inquisition
Dragon ball Xenoverse
Dragon's Dogma
Dragon's Crown
Dragon Quest Builders
Driver San Francisco

EXISTING
DJ Hero 2
Disney Universe
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Drakengard 3
Ducktales Remastered
Duke Nukem 3D
Don Bradman Cricket
Dungeon Siege 3
Dynasty Warriors 7

UNIMPORTANT
Duke Nukem Foerever
Dreamworks Superstar Kartz
Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z
Dragon Ball Raging Burst
Dragon Ball Raging Burst 2
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
Doctor Who The Entirety Clock
Dynasty Warriors 6
Disney Sing It
Disney Sing It: Family Hits
Disney Sing It! – High School Musical 3: Senior Year
Disney Sing It: Pop Hits

POINTLESS
Das Duell – Männer vs. Frauen: Partyspaß Total!
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 Cauldron HQ
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 Cauldron HQ
Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts Cauldron

AdamNovice

Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.