Forums

Topic: PS4 Destiny Meet Up Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 671

Johnnycide

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: haven't beaten the thing on normal yet so I'm out. If you're stuck then I'll jump in but I'm still only 296 at the moment.
I'll be playing tonight and tomorrow though so we'll see.
I'm going to be doing the raid with Scott and zero on Saturday anyway (hopefully, as I've been trying for weeks now) so should finally get over 300 this weekend.

*EDIT: I don't finish work til 8.30 tomorrow night so couldn't do it anyway. Arse.

Edited on by Johnnycide

Johnnycide

mrobinson91

@Johnnycide: I'll try help out with the Raid Saturday if you end up doing it and probably have another friend if needs be

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

BAMozzy

Like I said, if anyone wants help or needs an extra person to do the raid, I am available. I won't be available on Friday night this week but generally Fridays shouldn't be a problem. Its just that the 'Hard' Raid starts on Friday and my XB1 group have planned to attempt it. Depending on how successful we are will govern my availability over the weekend - If successful for example, I won't need to be trying to finish it off.

If anyone wants to try the Normal raid today or even tomorrow day-time, I am available.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

ShogunRok

Also down with doing the normal raid this week, I could even do that tonight, potentially.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

Johnnycide

@mrobinson91: that sounds good to me. Think Taime, Scott and Zero are definitely in as well so that makes at least 4.

Johnnycide

Johnnycide

@ShogunRok: now that might be doable. Long as I can get on early enough.

Johnnycide

Victor_Meldrew

I can do tonight if you need a good jumper

Victor_Meldrew

ShogunRok

No wait, forgot about Liverpool game. I can get on when it's done, which will be about 10PM. Not sure if that's still useful.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

GRIFFEN14

Yea I'm good for Friday as well. Light Level 306 and I have Touch of Malice and whatnot

GRIFFEN14

PSN: GRIFFEN14

ZeroXyko14

@Johnnycide: @mrobinson91: The raid will be this Saturday, so I'd like to know if everyone will make it. Also lets point out the location of the Calcified fragments just in case I'm not the only one who needs them.

ZeroXyko14

PSN: ZeroXyko14

ShogunRok

Apologies people but I may not be around tonight for Raiding or whatever it is we have planned. I'll let you know via the PSN group if I am.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

ShogunRok

I bought Hung Jury by the way - what a beast of a legendary!

ShogunRok

Twitter:

mrobinson91

@Bad-MuthaAdebisi: @Johnnycide: @ShogunRok: @BAMozzy: @xX_RiscazZ_Xx: @ZeroXyko14: @kyleforrester87:

Kings Fall - So I’ve been thinking about the best way to approach Zero having no mic, and I think it’s possible. I’ve come up with strategies but feel free to edit/improve on these. I’m aware there may be more efficient ways to do this but in terms of making things easier for us all, I think the below looks good.

First Section – Zero stays in middle room, add duty and door clearing.
Jumping Puzzle – Just listening to someone, no real communication required.
Totems – Listen for advice and be designated a side, emote when 10 seconds left until aura passes to next person on totem
War priest – Add duty, not assigned a platform and then just listening to others instructions
Golgoroth – Add duty, not assigned to gaze holder, Zero has a tether
Jumping Puzzle – Listen (and laugh to yourself as it’s pretty funny!)
Daughters – Add duty, not assigned a platform (explain what to do if Zero is picked as runner, and then use an emote if it is you and we’ll just try it)
Oryx – Add duty, not assigned a platform, add duty, tether/DPS

I still think it’s worth explaining all the mechanics so that if ran in the future we could change roles.
Watching it on youtube a few times may be a good idea too just to speed things along.

General emotes:
Where? = wave
Yes = Dance
No = Point

kyleforrester87

I..still havn't done this raid. I'm reading all your messages in the group I've just not had a guaranteed 3-4 hours where I know I'll be able to get through it, and 1-2am is just a bit too late for me during week nights! Hope I can play this weekend if you all are, I'm still stuck around 295 and need a few higher level items now!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BAMozzy

@mrobinson91: Its certainly possible with 1 person not communicating (or able to). Using an emote at the totems 5secs before the transfer of the brand - so the other person can prepare for the knight at the top would work. At the Warpriest, Zero would never be the last to stand on a platform and therefore not have the Aura. They would have to be with someone though that is happy and capable to take the Aura should the last platform be them. At Golgoroth, Zero just does DPS on Golgoroth. At the Daughters and Oryx, they are on add duty. If they have to do the running, then those on a Platform near the relic can call out when they have it. Its pretty obvious who the runner is and there is a bit of time between each run.

The only issue (although not major) is communicating when they have a Super/tether for Warpriest/Golgoroth. You don't want two hitting at the same time ideally when you can use both during each phase for more prolonged damage. Tether on the daughters isn't that great anyway as it makes them cover their faces making it difficult to hit the optimum criticals. Its also doesn't work on Oryx. Its useful for the Vessel and Echo though but these are spaced out events and time to charge your super between them - especially if on Add Duty. I would rather see two used simultaneously than none anyway.

The good thing though is that Zero can hear our communication so its a lot less of an issue. Obviously if they have any questions about anything, that can be a bit more tricky but not insurmountable...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Its_badW0lf

@mrobinson91: Mate, that is bloody genius! I'm all up for it, will be running it on my hunter, I can take care of running the relic if no one else wants to do it, been doing it yesterday with some newbies I was carrying, so I'll also have a tether, although my Black Hole is not enabled yet, short but sweet.

Are we doing it today? I'll be very busy during the weekend and the next few days might also be trouble, so I was thinking of running it as soon as possible. Also have to get another HM run on my Titan if anyone is up for it wanna get the HM shader before I retire from Destiny for a while, but Ideally I don't want to waste much time on it, need to get some sleep today, not feeling very well and can't really afford to call in sick.

You and what army?

PSN: its_badW0lf

mrobinson91

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: I'd be up for starting it today and finishing it another day, time dependant and so is my friend voyenjin. We're going to run the nightfall first though.

Again, I'd be up for Hard Mode time/day depending. Should hopefully get me to 311 after a normal mode and the start of hard mode!

mrobinson91

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: Nice one, I'll be on at 6 too...would you be up for it twice as I have 2 characters and know you do too?

Its_badW0lf

Definitely, although my alt character directory screen is still littered with as many pending quests as the game has hahaha, completed normal kings fall with it, didn't even have the Touch of Malice quest unlocked. Waste of time!!!

You and what army?

PSN: its_badW0lf

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.