Forums

Topic: 2560 x 1440p Monitor

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Max_Headroom

Hi,

I play my PS5 on my PC monitor and i have been plugging the powered PC speakers into the controller as the monitor has no speakers or a line out for sound this works fine but isn't really ideal.

I have decided to replace it with a 1440 monitor with speakers, i cannot afford a 4K monitor with HDMI 2.1 at the moment and having read a few comparisons i believe the jump from 1080 to 1440 is noticeable but from 1440 to 4K not so much, i have been looking around and have found the one below that has good reviews, could members who are using a HD 2560 x 1440p monitor tell me if it was worth the upgrade from 1080, Thanks in advance.

ASUS TUF VG27AQ1A Quad HD 27" IPS LCD Gaming Monitor - Black
Quad HD 2560 x 1440p
Refresh rate: 170 Hz
Response time: 1 ms
Input: HDMI / DisplayPort
Built-in speakers
3.5mm line out for headphones/speakers etc
3 year guarantee

Edited on by Max_Headroom

Max_Headroom

Th3solution

@Max_Headroom I play on a 4K television and have never used my PlayStation on a monitor. When I jumped from a 1080p to 4K on a 40 inch set it was a very noticeable upgrade. At 27 inches I agree that the difference between 1440 and 4K is probably very slight. Many people like the 1440 resolution as a nice middle ground. I think you’ll probably be happy with the monitor, as long as all the other aspects of it are good like the color and brightness. The resolution also depends how far from the monitor you plan on sitting. The closer you are, the more you’ll detect the lower resolution versus a 4K image.

If you’re really strapped for cash, you could use headphones or earbuds for the audio, if you have some or can get some relatively cheap. Then you can save up for the 4K monitor if you really have your heart set on that. But I think 1440 is a real solid choice with that high refresh rate and you’d be quite satisfied.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Max_Headroom

Th3solution wrote:

@Max_Headroom
If you’re really strapped for cash, you could use headphones or earbuds for the audio, if you have some or can get some relatively cheap. Then you can save up for the 4K monitor if you really have your heart set on that. But I think 1440 is a real solid choice with that high refresh rate and you’d be quite satisfied.

Thanks for the help.

I should have included in the specs that it has a line out for audio so i can plug the PC speakers directly into the monitor.
(I have edited the original pot)

Max_Headroom

Max_Headroom

Th3solution wrote:

@Max_Headroom I play on a 4K television and have never used my PlayStation on a monitor. When I jumped from a 1080p to 4K on a 40 inch set it was a very noticeable upgrade.
At 27 inches I agree that the difference between 1440 and 4K is probably very slight. Many people like the 1440 resolution as a nice middle ground. I think you’ll probably be happy with the monitor, as long as all the other aspects of it are good like the color and brightness..

@Th3solution -

I now have the ASUS TUF VG27AQ1A Quad HD 27" IPS LCD Gaming Monitor set up and it supports HDR10 so i set it using the video instructions below although its self-explanatory.

I put my Horizon Forbidden West disc in and was blown away by how good the game looks the detail in her face at the beginning when she is talking was stunning you could even see the pores on her skin, having played for an hour i can honestly say the jump from 1080p to 1440p is worth the money and as mine has two HDMI ports i am using it as my desktop PC screen, it looks great as a PC monitor when sitting 60 CM from the screen.

TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A Gaming Monitor – 27 inch WQHD (2560 x 1440), IPS, 170Hz (Above 144Hz), 1ms MPRT, Extreme Low Motion Blur, G-SYNC Compatible, HDR 10
27 inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS gaming monitor with ultrafast 170*Hz refresh rate designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB) technology eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates.
G-SYNC Compatible, delivering a seamless, tear-free gaming experience by enabling VRR (variable refresh rate) by default.
Shadow Boost enhances image details in dark areas, brightening scenes without over-exposing bright areas

Max_Headroom

Th3solution

@Max_Headroom That’s awesome! I’m glad you like it. Sounds like you made a really good purchase there.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Max_Headroom

Th3solution wrote:

@Max_Headroom That’s awesome! I’m glad you like it. Sounds like you made a really good purchase there.

It took a while to get a shortlist as there is quite a lot of 1440p monitors about, my previous monitor was an ASUS and i liked the picture quality so stuck with the brand.

Max_Headroom

Max_Headroom

Wondering if anyone can help as i am totally confused.

I set the new monitor to 1440p (2560 x 1440) in the settings and did the test and it worked perfectly i then noticed the 2160p setting didn't say "not supported" as i have seen in some tutorials so i changed it to 2160p and it worked, the only thing i noticed is everything seems further away when playing, i have posted a screen shot of the settings, could someone tell me why a non 4K monitor can show 3840 x 2160 or have i got this all wrong which i suspect.

Thanks in advance.

https://i.postimg.cc/442Wg95g/2840-x-2160.jpg

Max_Headroom

Max_Headroom

I made a bit of a balls up in my post above it should have read -

I set the PS5 to 1440p (2560 x 1440) in the settings and did the test and it worked perfectly

Max_Headroom

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic