The news comes as part of an SCE press-release which rattles off compatible game engines and middleware that's likely to end up powering a lot of NGP content in the future. Notable entries include the aforementioned CryEngine, Havok physics and Scaleform. The full list of compatible development tools are available after the jump.
This stuff is important because it means lower-level developers without the resources to build their own engines and game development tools will be able to license them for NGP, significantly bolstering the software library of the platform.
- Blitz Games: www.BlitzTech.com
- Crytek: www.crytek.com/cryengine
- Epic Games: www.unrealtechnology.com/
- Terminal Reality: www.infernalengine.com
- Trinigy: www.trinigy.de
- Vicious Cycle: www.viciousengine.com
- Havok: www.havok.com/
- NaturalMotion: www.naturalmotion.com
- Audiokinetic: www.audiokinetic.com/
- CRI Middleware: www.cri-mw.com/ and www.cri-mw.co.jp/
- Firelight Technologies: www.fmod.org
- RAD Game Tools: www.radgametools.com