net</a> report that the PSP2 could be technically comparable to Apple's next generation iPhone and iPad devices. As the rumours grow in the build-up to Thursday, the site claims to have got its hands on a development unit of the PSP2 (and subsequently the specs). We've included all the technical gubbins after the jump.
Perhaps most interestingly the site notes that the PSP2 will not be as wide as the current PSP-3000, but will be longer. That would probably be something to do with the device's rumoured 5" OLED screen.
The specifications are listed after the jump. Take them with a pinch of salt for now.
- Screen: 5? OLED multi-touch screen
- Control: A Multi-touch trackpad (rumored to be on the rear of the unit), four face buttons, two shoulder buttons, two analog sticks, directional pad
- Resolution: 960 x 544
- CPU: Quad-core ARM Cortex A9
- GPU: PowerVR SGX 543 MP4+
- RAM: 1GB LPDDR2 in the Debug unit, with 512 MB possible in the retail unit
- Storage: 16GB flash internal (like the PSP Go) and an SD slot
- Connectivity: Wi-fi, 3G, and Bluetooth
- Extras: Accelerometer, GPS, gyroscope, and two cameras: one front-facing and one rear-facing