Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 3,563

KilloWertz

@Bentleyma likes Gollum. I can definitely put this person on ignore then...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JohnnyShoulder

@KilloWertz Next they will be saying Skull Island: Rise of Kong was their game of the year...

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

lotan666

I'm playing Skyrim for the first time ever

lotan666

MikeOrator

So, I didn't finish P3R, I downloaded FO76 first instead and then went off and played that for most of my time. A couple of things about FO76: 1) It feels dangerous in the wilderness just like it felt with the other First Person games, 2) The feeling of danger wore off very quickly, 3) I remembered how much I HATED all the item organizing and over-encumbrance there is in these games, 4) I Miss VATS, 5) Pop in, 6) What is up with the Caps economy, I can sell a whole gun to a vendor for less than it cost to buy one bullet, SHEESH, where are all the fricken Caps in this game. Anyway, Uninstalled.

MikeOrator

PSN: MikeOrator

Bentleyma

@lotan666 How you liking it? It's still one of my favourite games, but I'm interested to know what someone playing it for the first time now thinks of it.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

LN78

Started the spectacularly average "Rise of the Ronin" - a game that I feel like I've played a better version of before - at the weekend. Another Sony exclusive that just isn't floating my boat at all. I might try and chip it in against "Dragon's Dogma 2" later in the week if the situation doesn't very swiftly improve.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

KilloWertz

@lotan666 See you in 6 months.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Jimmer-jammer

@LN78 I know this isn’t what you want to hear but it’s a game that really does improve the more you play. The stances are gated behind quests and certain npc’s so it takes a while for things to flourish. That said, if you’re not all in on the combat, there’s not a whole lot left to carry the experience. If you can push through, there’s a really fun game there.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

LN78

@Jimmer-jammer I've read a few reviews that said much the same thing. I'm very much a fan of the Team Ninja combat so I'm willing to put a few more hours in over the next couple of evenings. As I said, it just feels like I've seen pretty much every aspect of this game done better elsewhere. Maybe I'm looking for a USP that just isn't there?

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Jimmer-jammer

@LN78 From a distance, I can’t say it ever really rises above average. It attempts a lot of things and does so adequately (outside of the messy narrative) but once I got into the swing of things, everything came together to provide the aspect that most average games peter out on: consistent fun factor. It took a while but at some point I just realized that, despite its shortcomings, I was having more fun running around in this world than I do in most open world games of this ilk, and I’m still not entirely sure why 😂 Here’s hoping it turns for you

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer For future reference, how do you actually access the Greatswords in RotR?🤣 😉

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

lotan666

@Bentleyma I'm really enjoying it. I'm playing it along with other games, I don't rush, I just relax and explore. It's great that everywhere you turn in the game there is something cool to do, some new path, new group. I loved all the different approaches and factions in Fallout, so I feel at home I'm learning magic at the College, doing secret missions for the Thieves Guild and at the same time fighting for the Companions. Different lives, even with different clothes. Great fun.

lotan666

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman They were in my inventory fairly early after being let loose in the world but I also bought one from a merchant. Initially, I was using a katana as my primary weapon and paired swords as my secondary but once I started unlocking better skills and faster combat styles for my katana, I switched my secondary to a greatsword. I haven’t found many stances for it yet but it’s been great fun paired with my katana. Also, ranged weapons play a huge role in developing your style as well. Personally, I like shurikens and rifles.

As a primer, the combat system revolves around three stances for each weapon: Jin, Ten and Chi. There are many variations that can be slotted in to each of these stances, with their own combo strings and unique martial skills, allowing the player to really mix and match things to their tastes. Experimentation is really encouraged. There’s a lot more to it than that but it gives you a basic idea of what you’re getting into when it comes to weapons.

JohnnyShoulder

I dipped about an hour or so into Dave the Diver last night. It is certainly different from what I usually play. So far feels quite chilled, however I've just been tasked withil killing a shark, which I briefly saw earlier and quickly swam away.

I'm tempted to save this for the weekend to try out remote play on my tablet, as I'm over at my parents house and my dad has finally got a PS5.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

No work for the next 8 days, so it'll just be me and Stellar Blade!

@lotan666 I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. Some people that play it for the first time now find that it's not aged well, but I still think there are few games that can match it's sense of adventure.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

lotan666

@Bentleyma To be honest, I'm surprised how good it looks and works. It's the updated version for PS5 which apparently utilizes some mods and it makes a very good impression - especially the lighting, weather effects, improved textures. It all works very smoothly and the exploration and sense of adventure are indeed great

lotan666

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer @Th3solution Good news, boys, I reached the max level of attack power in Demon's Souls and now further farming is rendered obsolete, 426 attack power with my Dragon Bone Smasher+2, Str level 51. Ready to take on Allant. Any tips for me?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Black_Swordsman with that build, I don’t think you’ll need any further tips except to just 💥 Smash 💥. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic