Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 6,463

HallowMoonshadow

I've come around to it quite a bit @nessisonett

The first time I played Dark Souls II (Not long after it's PS3 release) I didn't get it into it at all. Took me an entire year in fact just to get past Forest Of The Giants.

By the time I finished I thought it'd gone on forever, wasn't as good as Dark Souls I and like yourself found it rather disappointing.

I then got The Scholar of the First Sin editon in 2018 thinking I'd give it a retry and try the DLC too... and ended up liking it a bunch more then I previously did.

This is my third run through of Dark Souls 2 and I think it's even more fun.

I do consider it to be the worst of the trilogy mind. It does suffer from a very acute case of Dude in Armour syndrome regarding enemy and especially a number of boss designs.

But I have come round to appreciate that it was trying something a bit different even if it doesn't quite work in the end.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy I didn’t mean you had to platinum it

I played an hour or two of Killzone 3 just now, it’s pretty fun, I’ll probably chip away at it some more over the next week.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy You’re dead on there, I’ve been replaying it too and it’s a bit better than I remember. The visuals hold up great, especially Majula and I do appreciate the changes SotFS made. We seem to just be playing the same games all the time 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @nessisonett Looks like we could have our first forum wedding with you guys!

I enjoyed my time with DS 2. Only played SotFS on ps4 after every other soulsborne games. It is definitely by least favourite of the series but it is still a good game. I think some wrongly assume that it is trash but it is far from it. The DLC has the better areas and bosses than the main game and also ramps up the difficulty. That poison spewing dragon handed me my ass on many a occasion.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

icecube

Bought Assassin's Creed Syndicate a year or 2 ago. And now I've got time to play again I've been spending time with that. Really good game!

I'll dig into the past PS Plus games I never played or might play GTAV again next.

icecube

Black_Swordsman

Still playing Bloodborne, now in the Forbidden Woods, Blood Echo farming. 679 blood echoes per kill is quite lucrative.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

RogerRoger

Earlier this morning, I finally (finally!!) beat the story in a Photo Mode run of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. I spent four hours on the final mission; it should take twenty minutes, if that.

Need to go back on and tidy up the maps, grab a few snaps I skipped, and then I'm done.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Still trekking through Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

I've just got to The Hollowed King Vendrick after beating the ever loyal Velstadt, the Royal Aegis and the Demon of Song before that.

I ended up heading to the Iron King dlc though instead of continuing with the main journey.

I forgot this one was quite challenging (Probably the hardest of the three dlc's for me last time I played) but I've made it to the second bonfire in the tower at least!

Ended up finally changing my armour set too from the Alva set (Which I've had pretty much from the start) to the Syan set thanks to finally bumping my endurance up high enough.

Might try and see if I can get the Ruin Sentinel set to drop though tomorrow...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Decoy_Snake

Final Fantasy VII Remake

into chapter 14 (just retrieved the key in the sewer) and I'm starting to get a little bored with it now it's by no means but just getting a bit over it. Very tempted to go back to Persona 5.

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I admire your sheer dedication to taking beautiful snaps. I wouldn't have the patience, lol.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Black_Swordsman

@andreoni79 Looking forward to it, I just bought Gascoigne's gear as well, I spent 6 insight but have plenty of Madman's Knowledge left over.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Yeah, I need to go up against Blood-Starved Beast, he gives you both Ludwig's Holy Blade access, if you defeat him, and access to the Chalice Dungeons, essential if you want to farm insight.

nessisonett

I started Yakuza 4 and yeah, it feels like a step down from 3 so far. The guy you play as near the beginning isn’t the most interesting person in the world so it’s hard to get invested in someone that isn’t Kiryu or Majima. His kicks do terrible damage as well so hopefully I can get him out the way. I like to think of this as the Midgar of Yakuza.

nessisonett

@Arugula It’s Yakuza, it’ll pick up in pace since they’re always quite slow to start. It’s just a bit jarring having new playable characters all of a sudden. I miss Okinawa too, it’s such a nice map in 3.

Decoy_Snake

how do Yakuza Kiwami & Kiwami 2 hold up? I've only ever played Zero - which I loved the bar management was so addictive - to the end (I had 1,2 & 3 but never really gave them a chance back in the day)

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

nessisonett

@Redman35 Kiwami was a wee bit of a disappointment for me but I played it just after 0 and honestly, I was probably doing it a disservice since that game is just so good and it’s hard to compare. Kiwami 2 on the other hand is absolutely fantastic, it ties in a lot with 0 and the Dragon Engine is great. Plus it has ragdoll physics and you can kick people off bridges.

Thrillho

@Redman35 They’re both good fun with excellent stories but we’re both originally made way before Zero and it shows.

The remasters help as it brings the graphics and engine up to scratch. They’re both shorter affairs which isn’t necessarily a bad things. The main thing is that the substories are much tamer affairs and nowhere near as well written as Zero.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic