Forums

Topic: help with PS4 update software CE-34788-0

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Furball21

Son came back for the thanksgiving break and turned on the PS4. it has been off since he went away to school. It had an error that it was not power off correctly. No big deal, click on reboot. it did its thing took a much longer time than the 3-5mins I recall. It than came back and said it needs to update the firmware click on ok and than the problem started. It than had an error I think with the storage and wants to rebuild which than took about 30mins to get to about 30% than it give another error. I am thinking ok maybe the HDD is bad since this is the older PS4. I found an old 7200rpm 1TB hdd put it in, follow the PS4 usb update made sure its Fat32, made sure it is PS4, than UPDATE. Download the latest version from PS.
Put the USB and follow the option to update it said it needs version 10.01 or newer and it found 11.xx (i forget the number) on the USB. so far so good. But than after a min I get the error CE-34788-0. I than thought it does not like 11.xx so I found an older 10.50 on the net and tried it. No good same error. Than I thought maybe the 1TB HDD is also bad. I had a new SSD 500gb in box and use that next to test. Tried both 10.50 and 11.xx both with the same error CE-34788-0

Any other suggestions? My next test would be call up my friend who has a PS4 and see if I can take his PS4 HDD and install it in my PS4 and see if it works.

Furball21

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic