Forums

Topic: Souls-likes (& dislikes)

Posts 101 to 112 of 112

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer so the bosses were the highlight of course, with Shibata being my favourite (funny how that works out as I was cursing him for 8 hours straight). As far as mob enemies go, again my faves are probably the ones that I struggled with initially. The Raven Tengu, the wheelmonk and the Ippon-Datara always make my day when I stumble across their paths.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Gremio108

After seriously struggling all the way through Nioh 1, I somehow got lucky with my build in Nioh 2 and sailed through to the platinum. Loved every minute. I picked the tonfa, for no other reason than as a nod to the main character of Suikoden II, and it turned out to be a great choice. You just saunter up to the enemy, spin the tonfas like a boss, and stunlock them into next week until they fall on their arse.

@Th3solution - just do what I did. It's essentially a cheese weapon, but it doesn't feel like a cheese because a) you still need to invest in the right stats and b) you look absolutely awesome while you do it

PS I'm also a bit of a parry refusenik

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore Sorry, got tied up at work… Wheelmonks are such a bizarre enemy 😂 Funny and terrifying at the same time.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer yeah I actually spent the first few mission in which they appeared avoiding them as I found their movement so unpredictable.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Good to know. Sounds like my kind of build!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

CaptD

Anyone gonna try the 8 hour demo for Enotria the last song?

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD I don’t really do demos but am interested to see what people make of it.

Off the topic of Enotria but still set in the genre, I watched a video of that Another Crab Treasure (or whatever it’s called) last night… and I’m actually quite taken by what I saw. Like Spongebob meets Dark Souls… but somehow it works.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Plus the easy mode is quite unique in Another Crab's Treasure, you get a big gun which one hit kills everything!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@Black_Swordsman awesome, I’ve added it too so fingers crossed it’ll get a nice little reduction over the coming months.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@Black_Swordsman I will impressed if you manage to get a Berzerk build from this game!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic