Forums

Topic: Dragons Dogma 2

Posts 181 to 189 of 189

xeofate

@Splat Nice work on the platinum, that can't have been easy. I didn't get anywhere close to it.

xeofate

Ravix

@Ryu_Niiyama yeah, I closed the beacons and evacuated everyone within one rest period. I was just hoping to find some extra content tucked away somewhere, but no matter, it's all the same.

I've really enjoyed the game, just feels like I've done all I can and wanted to do more in the end game section. There was only ever one quest I picked up that I couldn't do, and that was the oxcart one, and I gave up trying after it speeds away every time, I think I locked myself out of it lol.

I tried to farm the medusa last night, but it didn't respawn after a fast travel and rest at the shrine. But honestly, farming for items isn't really for me, as I don't usually go in to new game plus runs on games anyway. But I managed to collect some cool gear just in case I play it again if the DLC comes out and uses your current save in some way.

I feel like I could play it some now, but I don't think I'd have much of a purpose any more, so I think I might just trigger the ending at this point. I just didn't want to miss checking out some areas just in case something else happened, but it didn't lol.

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

Ravix

Untitled

Weyyyy! 😁

I was literally just spamming rests to see if the Medusa will spawn one more time and noticed something...

👁👁

So, if anyone wants some dragonsplague, Tim Roth is still available for hire 😁
FOOZ40EDIR8J

Edited on by Ravix

⚔️🛡🐎

Arios

Hi everyone.
In desperate search for a copy of Nation Death‘s Knell (a real one, not a forged one).
(Yes, I know that there are two copies, but I used for a quest already and the other to try out Meteoron…)

Pawn ID: KLW024VIR6JM

Currently having a pawn quest for it for 10000.
Happy to trade other items if requested.

Really hoping that there is a good soul that can help!

Arios

Kraven

There was one quest that had me searching for a man that possibly got attacked by wolves. I needed to locate him and bring him home to his family. My companions and I scoured the village asking townsfolk if they had any idea where I could find him. Most people didn’t know, but a few uncertain responses gave me a general idea: East and glowing flowers.

Twenty minutes later, I’m at a large hillside with a graveyard. Nearby is a campsite, overlooking uneven rock bluffs. Not far away is a rope bridge, and I hear howls in the distance. And as fate would have it, this cemetery has moonglow flowers. I’m in the right place. We go across the creaky, inadequate bridge and get ambushed by a pack of wolves halfway through. I run for it, get to the other side, fight off the herd, and accidentally cut the rope to the bridge and watch one of my companions fall to his death, drowning in the water below. Oh well, this life isn’t easy.

I continue on and see a stranger in trouble with more wolves, and run to their aide. All of a sudden a humongous werewolf darted towards me, grabbed me with its massive claws and threw me. Flying through the air, I land on top of a cliff, barely clinging to life. I get up and look over the edge. This beast is now attacking the stranger and my remaining party. I drink a healing potion, take a few deep breaths, unsheathe my daggers, coating them with fire, position myself and jump off the cliff, landing directly on the werewolf’s back, using my daggers to keep my balance. After a gruesome battle, I felled the enemy, rescue the stranger and add her to my party, which was needed since I lost a companion moments ago.

Me and my ragtag group slowly make our way back to the campsite spotted earlier, our bones aching with each step. With the graveyard nearby, I pay my respects to my fallen comrade before going to my campsite, grilling some wolf meat and getting some much needed rest. And then it dawns on me. Moonglow flowers.

I rest until nightfall, and when I wake the entire graveyard is lit up to gorgeous blue flowers illuminating the area. As I head to take in the sights, the ground begins to shake underneath me. Decaying arms with mangled flesh start pulling themselves out of the loose terrain. Before I know it, I’m being surrounded by the undead, with a ghost doing all of the summoning. I hack and I slash and though I kill the already walking dead, their bones that are spread across the battlefield continue to meld back together. I swing more and more and discover that crushing the skull sends them to the afterlife for good. With his minions now dead, the leader, despite his magic, is no match for my blades and trusty archer. This ghastly leader crumbles and turns into ash. I rummage through the white coated glowing blue flowers and find his weapon; an archistaff. It just so happens this is a weapon that an armorer asked me to seek out to help him set up his shop and to sell more goods days prior.

It had been a long night. My companions and I go back to the campsite and rest until morning. I never found the man attacked by wolves, but I could make a hard working man content. I gathered up my gear and made my way to a nearby oxcart that was thankfully heading to the main city — just where I was needed to go. I pay the man $200.00 for a ride, breathing easy as I sit on the hard-wooden seats and close my eyes. I don’t know how much time has passed, but we arrive safely back to the city, feeling refreshed. I turn in my newly located equipment, proud that I managed to complete my quest. It’s not the one I intended, but it’s still a victory.

While I’m in the main city, I decide to explore the town square. There are kids roaming around, and adults are setting up stalls, working hard to sell their wares to make an honest living. A man is standing by a water fountain trying to tell stories for a little coin. Life is good. And suddenly a distraught woman, Mildred, approaches me. She has a proposition. She wants me to house sit for her. Why she’s asking a complete stranger, I don’t know, but I agree. She says she’ll be gone for a week. I’m dwelling there, alone with my thoughts. My companions are out enjoying the weather. But something keeps nagging me. I missed something. I was in the right spot, I know I was. I keep tormenting myself.

The week is only halfway through, but I abandoned my post. I gather my companions and head back to where our journey started. There’s no oxcart around, so we have to make the arduous journey on foot. Here we are again. The terrain is shaped differently. It looks familiar, but different. I’ve approached from the west rather than the east. Instead of being on top of the bluffs looking at the vast surroundings, I’m at the bottom, near a creek — the same creek my companion drowned in.

As I scour the area I see a large, dark intimidating hole that is clearly an entrance to something. I take a breath and step forward, making sure my lantern on my side is lit and full of oil, as dusk is beginning to set. I step inside, unknowing what awaits. And then I hear it. It sounds so far away, but so close at the same time. I can hear it in the walls, coming at me like a wave. Howls, echoing throughout the cave. Deep down, I know this is it. There’s no turning back. My blades are fully sharpened, my archer’s arrows are already notched. Our footsteps are echoing just as much as the howls, and the sound of shuffling begins. We can’t make out faces, but we know. Blades and arrows ready, we brace ourselves. An arrow rapidly flies by my head as I lock my knees, and have my feet firmly planted to the rocky ground. Everything becomes hazy, as all I notice is large shadows engulfing the barely lit walls, and soon the sound of howls come to a deafening end.

We are alive, somehow. The cave becomes eerily quiet and we press on, making our way through the twisted labyrinth. And there it is. Bones, and a pile of tattered clothes. I immediately know; I was too late. It was the man I had been searching for all this time. I pack up his remains and traverse to the other end of the cave. In the near distance I make out a faint blue brightness. Moonglow flowers. My pace hastens as I rush out of the cavern, back to the beautiful blue graveyard. I was there the whole time. I was too late, but here I was, quest complete, but not how I intended. I can see the sun slowly creeping over the mountain top. East. I tell myself everything is okay. I say a long prayer, put the lost man to rest at the graveyard for the second time, looking to the horizon. It’s a new day.

Kraven

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Kraven Sounds like a fantastic adventure! I thought you described it well, also. Congratulations!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Kraven

Thanks! Is anyone still playing this game? I’m late to the party, but I’m so immersed in this world, and want to talk about it to anyone and everyone lol.

Kraven

xeofate

@Kraven I'm waiting for the inevitable expansions for a new game plus run. It's a fantastic game though and your latest escapade sums up what's so great about it. Crossing bridges in that game was so hazardous, I used to tell my pawns to wait while I crossed to the other side and cleared any foes waiting on the other side. Rivers, cliffs and bridges were all a threat in that game haha

xeofate

Ravix

@Kraven you missed the boat on here, we couldn't stop going on about it for a month or two 😅😅

It really is one that, if it clicks, is just endlessly enjoyable exploration regardless of any actual thing telling you to go anywhere. Some of the best moments are when you are hanging on for dear life and know you have to get back to somewhere for a timed quest, or if you lose pawns in a particularly tough area and night falls 😁

And as my pawn design accidentally became Tim Roth, there was never a day that passed where something that happened in the world wasn't made more entertaining by the fact he looked and sounded quite a bit like Tim Roth. It was quite the mindf*** at times 😁

Edited on by Ravix

⚔️🛡🐎

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic