Windjammers 2 was released in 2022, and we were big fans of the excellent sequel to the 1994 classic. Developer Dotemu has just pushed out a big free update, introducing new characters, modes, and online features for frisbee enthusiasts to enjoy.
With an android and an animal-loving orphan joining the roster, the cast of eclectic Jammers swells to 13, with the style and skills to suit any player. The inclusion of full cross-play should help maintain a healthy player base online, as well. Not bad for a free update deployed without warning!
- Jamma GXO3 – Making her debut into the Flying Power Disc Federation is Jamma GX03, an android whose well-balanced power and speed can rival the best on the court. Major sponsor Todemu created Jamma GX03 to combat a drop in audience numbers, but in doing so, their creation promises to herald a new era of competition in the prestigious windjamming sport, and she’s already showing promise as a fan favourite.
- Anna Szalinski – Also joining the roster is Polish Anna Szalinski, an orphan who grew up in the circus before running away. Honing her skills as a slower but extremely powerful weightlifter, she is determined to win the cup and use her newfound position in order to defend animals and take revenge on the circuses who mistreat them.
- Lessons – Lessons allow jammers to learn all the moves in a How To Play mode, taking deep dives into Movement, Shots (lob, curbed, slap and drop), Jumps and Super Shots.
- Practice – Practice mode lets players jam against a CPU via a plethora of settings, including Force service, a range of difficulty levels and more.
New Online Features
- Lobbies – Join or create a Lobby to play with friends via a password and utilize a variety of settings to create the ultimate frenemy group of jammers.
- Cross-Play – Cross-play allows players on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation jammers to join Steam and Xbox players in online matches.