Lies of P is a Souls-like in the tradition of FromSoftware's greats, but one which has carved out a place of its own with an impressive commercial showing (we thought it was great, too). This subgenre is infamous for the exacting nature of its difficulty, but things have actually been dialled back quite substantially in the game's most recent revision.
Update 126.96.36.199 is now live on all platforms. Generally speaking, the HP of certain enemies has been reduced, and the frequency at which they can be staggered has increased. The drop rates for Moonstone and Ergo items have been increased, and specific bosses have been nerfed. The ability to reset the character's level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms has been added at the Gold Coin Tree, as well as tweaks to encumbrance and various fable arts.
The list of changes pertinent to PlayStation players are as follows:
Balance Changes Field Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
- Increased the chance of breaking some monsters' stance and the frequency of stagger
- Increased the staggerable window time
Decrease the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies
Adjusted the rewards for some monsters
- Increased the drop rate of Moonstone type items
- Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
- Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
- Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after Lorenzini Arcade
Boss Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of 'Fallen Archbishop Andreus'
- Decreased the HP of 'King of Puppets' in the first phase
- Decreased the HP of 'Simon Manus, Arm of God'
- Decreased the damage of 'Simon Manus, Awakened God'
- Increased the chance to break the stance of 'Simon Manus, Awakened God'"
Increased the Specter's HP and damage
System Changes Related to the Character Progression Reset
- Added the feature to reset the character's level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the 'Gold Coin Tree'
- Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits instead of 5 for their first harvest
- Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character's level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms
- Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
- Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
- Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots. (includes Fable Arts that stack)
- Successfully performing the Fable Art 'Guard Parry' will now break the monster's stance