The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has had a rough ride so far on PS5. The current-gen edition of the beloved RPG has struggled with its performance in particular, and CD Projekt RED has been hard at work to get the game ship-shape. Now, patch 4.02 is available to download and install, weighing in at just over 2GB.
As the official patch notes state, the main focus of this update is to improve "the overall stability and performance of the game", though there are a number of bug fixes as well. These include rare crash instances, blurry characters during cutscenes, and other specific issues.
We've included all the PS5-relevant patch notes below:
- Improved Performance Mode on next-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue where characters could become slightly blurry during dialogues and cutscenes on PlayStation 5.
- Whatsoever a Man Soweth... - The game will no longer crash if Geralt runs away from Shani after starting the conversation on next-gen consoles.
- Added two missing "Top notch swords!" on previous-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue with overwriting manual saves where in some circumstances the oldest gamesave was deleted on PlayStation 5.
- Addressed performance issues in Beauclair and Novigrad that occurred after loading a gamesave.
VISUAL - PC and Next-Gen Exclusive
- Improved immersion of water appearance by adding refraction to SSR and ray-traced reflections.
- Fixed a visual issue with brick textures where black artifacts covered stone arches.
- Added a Motion Blur slider. It can be found in Options → Video → Graphics.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY - Available on all platforms
- Battle Preparations - Fixed the lack of a dialogue option that would progress the quest during the objective "Let Avallac'h know everything's ready."
- Reason of State - Fixed an issue where the door to the warehouse could become permanently locked if the player knocked, entered and then immediately left the building.
- Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams Part 1 - Fixed an issue where the quest could stay active even after the diagrams were looted.
- Fixed an issue where trying to start a New Game+ on an incompatible save would block the player from starting the expansions in standalone mode until the game was restarted.
LOCALIZATION - Available on all platforms
- Fixed an issue with the Korean localization of Ciri's and Geralt's Gwent card descriptions.
- Fixed punctuation issues in Arabic localization.
- Updated Traditional Chinese font.
For the full rundown of patch notes, click through here.
Are you still enjoying The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PS5? Has this patch made a difference? Tell us in the comments section below.