In what is fast becoming an industry staple, players that pick up either the Deluxe or Collector's Editions of just-announced-for-PS5 CRPG Baldur's Gate 3 will get access to the game three days early, from 28th August instead of the 31st August worldwide release.
It's a tempting proposition. But what are a few more days for veterans of the 'Gate, who have been waiting more than two decades for a follow-up to Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, widely regarded as one of the greatest RPGs ever conceived?
It's perhaps a good thing, then, that some of the other goodies included in the physical Collector's Edition are so appealing. It will run you £224.77, or $269.99 USD, and in addition to the aforementioned early access, players willing to pony up the extra will receive the following:
- A digital copy of Baldur’s Gate 3 Deluxe Edition
- Custom sticker sheet
- 25cm Mind Flayer vs. Drow battle diorama
- 160-page hardcover art book
- Cloth map of Faerûn
- Set of D&D-inspired origin character sheets
- Metal tadpole keyring
- Magic: The Gathering booster pack
- Custom-engraved metal d20, plus an in-game version
- Certificate of authenticity
Players opting for the Deluxe Edition will receive various downloadable goodies, like a playable Bard Song Pack, In-game Dice Skins, and Adventurer's Puch full of consumables to help you get started, and downloads for the soundtrack, artbook and character sheets, in addition to 72 hours early access.
Finally, both the Collector's and Deluxe Editions of the game will come with a content pack inspired by Larian Studio's impeccable Divinity: Original Sin 2:
- Mask of the Shapeshifter: Allows you to change race and appearance on the fly, inspired by Fane
- Cape of the Red Prince: Cloak inspired by the Red Prince
- Lute of the Merryweather Bard: Playable instrument inspired by Lohse
- Needle of the Outlaw Rogue: Dagger inspired by Sebille
- Bicorne of the Sea Beast: Headgear inspired by Beast
- Paintings from Rivellon: Discover a new collection of paintings across the Forgotten Realms
Are you as excited as we are to finally sink your teeth into Baldur's Gate 3? Try not to freak out in the comments section below.