Set during the apocalyptic final years of The Great War, Ad Infinitum tells the story of a German soldier no longer able to differentiate between the horrors of war and the supernatural monsters pursuing him through deserted trenches.
Here is an overview of the title, from the game's official website:
- World War I-themed horror game.
- State-of-the-art visuals and audio presentation.
- Challenging puzzles embedded into the historical setting.
- Historically accurate equipment and environments.
- Stealth interaction with several horrific creatures.
- Thrilling storyline about the tragedy of a family.
- Dynamically changing game world based on player decisions.
While it's still in development and looks a little jittery at times, Ad Infinitum's unique take on the setting makes it one to watch. The title is coming to PS5 and PS4 on 20 April, 2023.
What do you think of Ad Infinitum? On our mark, go over the top in the comments section below.