F1 22 launched at the start of July, and while it's another solid sim from Codemasters, it did suffer from a handful of bugs. Hopefully, this latest patch will alleviate some of those. Update version 1.05 is available now on PS5 and PS4, and it makes a large number of fixes and improvements.
Most of the patch is about squashing bugs, such as incorrect sponsors showing on player cars, the team badge breaking in MyTeam, and characters not appearing on the podium correctly. The list of fixes is pretty long, but there are some game balance tweaks too. ICE wear has been reduced, and the amount of fuel you have during the Bahrain F1 Sprint has been updated, for example.
Here are the full patch notes:
- ICE wear rate reduced to be less punishing when aggressively downshifting or over-revving.
- Resolved incorrect collision at Jeddah turn 1.
- Virtual rear mirror visibility setting will now apply correctly.
- Characters on the podium will now appear correctly.
- HUD elements will now appear correctly in split-screen races.
- Addressed an issue where the team badge could appear corrupted after a race weekend in MyTeam.
- Loyalty pack items will now correctly appear in users’ inventory.
- Addressed an issue where using Fanatec Load Cell pedals would result in reduced frame rate.
- Updated MyTeam engine supplier durability ratings (will not affect existing careers).
- Updated fuel amount for Bahrain F1® Sprint events.
- Rain no longer appears within the car in supercar replays.
- Addressed an issue where the race engineer would note a component issue and then immediately state it was resolved.
- Adaptive triggers now have the correct resistance on PC.
- Addressed an issue where AI drivers on flying laps could brake to not pass yielding vehicles.
- Addressed an issue when retiring from Qualifying 1 or 2 despite having a time to move to the next session, would transition to the race.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when joining an in-progress Social Play lobby.
- Sponsors can now be correctly applied to the Player Car.
- General Stability Improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
- Addressed a crash when entering a multiplayer lobby in progress.
- Addressed an issue where the starting grid option could not be modified in multiplayer lobbies.
Are you enjoying F1 22? Take a pit stop in the comments section below.
[source ea.com, via dualshockers.com]
I regularly watch a streamer who does mainly F1 and this game is a bit of a mess, even after the patch he's had it crash several times plus random losses of grip when driving
Don’t think it mentions it but have they fixed that Ray Tracing issue that DF found?
@carlos82 what platform does he play on?
@sullivans2004 he plays on PC
He plays on...Ferrari!!
@Angelus3K yeah, looks like this issue is not fixed (RT reflections in cockpit view) so PS5 and PC versions continue to use Screen Space Reflections and xbsx has a fully working Ray Traced one.
I don't know, I would still stick with F1 21 until a lot of post-launch patches iron things out, say 6 months to a year.
There’s a crazy amount of understeer on the high speed preset setup for your car. I know cornering won’t be tight on that setting anyway but I'm losing far too much time on corners and seems unbalanced to me.
Tap here to load 7 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...