Over the past few years, Babylon's Fall developer PlatinumGames and April Fools pranks have gone hand in hand. Just searching the two terms in our internal database brings up a whole list of previous jokes. And, not to be outdone by past attempts, the Japanese team has today put together a small presentation where it "announces" nine new games. A 10th title is included, but that's Sol Cresta, which is actually real and has already been released on PlayStation 4.
The games are:
- Galactic Badass Beat 'Em Up Action (WIP)
- Battle Action Block-Breaking Game (WIP)
- Sci-Fi Superhuman Soccer (WIP)
- PT Spectacular Side-Scrolling Action (WIP)
- Constella-Style Side Scrolling Shooting (WIP)
- High-Speed Action Racing (WIP)
- Dynamite Sexy Puzzle Game (WIP)
- Ultimate Top-View B*stard Action (WIP)
- Apocalyptic Giant Robot Fighting (WIP)
All nine titles are pitched under the "Neo-Classic Arcade" banner, which is said to carry "on the spirit and fun of classic gaming using modern technology". Given PlatinumGames' track record, we wouldn't be surprised if one or two of these titles were actually real — Sol Cresta also started out life as an April Fools joke, after all. But will they be any good? Recent projects would suggest not. Babylon's Fall, we're looking at you. At least Hideki Kamiya gets to have some fun in the video embedded above.
This tongue in cheek skit from PlatinumGames is all just a bit of light entertainment, but remember: don't believe everything you read on the internet for the next 24 hours. Unless we here at Push Square post about it, of course.