After teasing it on social media, Polyphony Digital has now unveiled its latest update for Gran Turismo 7. This free content drop is being referred to as the April update, which suggests we'll be getting a handful of new bits and pieces each month for the foreseeable. Anyway, the update is available from today, 25th April, taking the game to version 1.13 — let's have a look at what it includes.
First and foremost, the update adds three new vehicles to the mix. These are the Subaru BRZ GT300 '21, Subaru BRZ S '21, and Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91. You can see each of the cars in action in the above video. You'll also see the Spa-Francorchamps circuit — this update adds its 24-hour track layout. Finally, two Scapes will be added to its Featured section: Gassho-style Houses in Ainokura and Cherry Blossoms at Night.
Patch 1.13 doesn't just introduce this new content, however. It's part of a larger game update that makes further changes to GT7, including adjustments to Sport mode, improvements to car physics, and plenty of bug fixes. The update comes in at 2.6GB on PS5 and 4.6GB on PS4.
Here are the full patch notes:
- The following three new cars have been added:
・ Subaru BRZ GT300 ’21 (Purchasable at Brand Central;)
・ Subaru BRZ S ’21 (Purchasable at Brand Central;)
・ Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) ’91 (Purchasable from 26 April at the Used Cars dealership.)
- Spa-Francorchamps 24h Layout has been added.
3. World Circuits
- The following three events have been added at Spa-Francorchamps:
・European Sunday Cup 500
・Japanese Clubman Cup 550
・World Touring Car 800
- The 'Gassho-style Houses in Ainokura' and 'Cherry Blossoms at Night' locations have been added to the featured section of Scapes;
- A slideshow option has been added to Auto-Demo.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
1. Title Screen
-'Topic News' is now shown in the centre of the screen.
2. Used Cars Dealership
- A 'New' label is now displayed for new cars available to buy that day;
- The Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) ’91 will be on sale from 26 April as the 'HOT' car.
3. Legend Cars Dealership
- A 'New Stock' label is now displayed for new cars available to buy that day.
- 'Wide Body' is now displayed on all cars in your garage that have been modified with a wide body;
- An engine start-up sound now plays when changing cars.
5. Race Screen
- For races with time limits, moved the remaining time display to the centre of the screen and adjusted the design.
6. Rival Cars (AI)
- Adjusted the driving line of rival cars at the Nürburgring.
- It is now possible to enter some events by renting Event-Specified Cars, or with Garage Cars;
- Videos are now played before the Finals of the 'Nations Cup' and 'Manufacturers Cup'.
- The following information is now displayed in the Event Screen displayed before each race:
・Tyre Wear Rate
・Fuel Consumption Rate
・Required Tyres (Only displayed if set)
・Required Pit Stop (Only displayed if set)
- A racing etiquette video is now played when entering 'Sport' mode for the first time. This video introduces important driving recommendations for competing in races;
- Added a 'Race Details' screen. The following information can be checked from the 'Race Details' icon on the right of the race entry screen.
・Driving Option Restrictions
8. Livery Editor
- Added a 'Default Decal Colour' in 'Editor Settings'. 'White' or 'Newest Colour Used' are now selectable and by selecting 'Newest Colour Used' the newest colour that was last used will be selected.
- Added the option to filter by genre or artist when selecting a Music Replay song;
- For new replays, it is now possible to fast forward to the next lap.
10. Car Settings
- Fixed an issue wherein the name of a Settings Sheet would disappear;
- Fixed a Performance Points (PP) issue that would occur due to a Power Restrictor adjustment;
- Fixed an issue wherein Performance Points (PP) would not be added correctly if certain settings or operations were performed. (The Performance Points may not calculate correctly in certain conditions such as if high-grip tyres are added to some cars.)
11. Car Behaviour
- Adjusted the geometry calculations algorithm for the suspension. This has resulted in improved traction for rear-wheel drive cars and lessened reactions to weight transfer;
- Adjusted the relationship between the controller inputs (Analogue stick, R2 button, Accelerator pedal on a steering wheel controller) and the position of the throttle.
- Adjusted the steering speed of the analogue stick;
- Adjusted the force feedback in the following steering wheel controllers:
・Fanatec® GT DD Pro
・Fanatec® GT DD Pro + BoostKit
- Adjusted the brake pressure control for all four brakes when entering a corner. As a result, the braking distance is reduced in general;
12. Settings (Controller Settings)
- The strength of the trigger effect can now be adjusted from the Quick Menu displayed during a race, or from [Settings] > [Controller Settings] in the Pause Menu. 'Trigger effect 1P (Accelerator)' and 'Trigger effect 1P (Brakes)' can both be set to 'Off,' 'Weak' or 'Strong;'
- Changed the upper limit of the 'Controller Steering Speed Correction' from 7 to 10 in [Settings] > [Controller Settings] > [Controller Steering Sensitivity] in the race Quick Menu, and Pause Menu.
13. Settings (Sound Volume)
- The following eight sound options can now be adjusted from [Settings] > [Sound Volume] in the race Quick Menu and Pause Menu:
・ Race Sound Mode (Balanced BGM and Sound / Enhanced Sound / Race BGM Focus)
・ Play Race BGM (On / Off)
・ Race BGM (Volume)
・ Race Sound Effects (Volume)
・ Player Engine Noise (Volume)
・ Transmission Noise (Volume)
・ Tyre Squeals (Volume)
・ Rivals Engine Noise (Volume)
14. GT Auto
- Fixed an issue wherein it would be possible to perform an oil change on a car that didn't require one.
- Fixed various issues with the following four cars:
・Honda Fit Hybrid '14: the car's body colour would not be applied to some parts on the underside;
・Jeep Willys MB '45: the interior paint would not be applied when set;
・Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition (FK8) '20: the decal graphic would become distorted when the decal was added from [Custom Parts] > [Front] > [Type A] in the livery editor;
・Ferrari 458 Italia '09: the number decal would appear distorted when added to a car with a wide body modification.
- Various other issues have been addressed.
Will you be checking out these new additions to GT7? Which new car is your favourite? Stop by the café in the comments section below.
[source gran-turismo.com, via gran-turismo.com]
I am in. Free is good!
Also a few fixes to the little loopholes we keep finding to earn credits. They fixed the handy 600PP Tomahawk thing we had going for a while there.
@ORO_ERICIUS I knew you would be all over this lol.
Maybe give an offline version?
Love it 😁 big fan of all things Subaru! I'll be vrooming about later on
@GoodGame of course mate! You too or not? 😉
Spa just had a face lift this year. We will see that in GT7? (or is that the one in the game,)
I like free stuff
@ORO_ERICIUS Of course. Updating soon
@Anke It still works. You just have to make a couple of changes to your current “under 600pp” sheet.
ECU Change 70 to 90
Power Restrictor Change 70 to 90
Ballast Add 3kg
Do people really care about the new cars? For me, new tracks are where it’s at. But then I’m anti-grind, anti-online, and anti-transactions, so I’m not really the target market…
this is the way
So nice that they are constantly improving the sound options and so many things more.
The new cars are not really exciting but it’s a beginning. There will be a lot more over the next months and years.
If playing this game wasn't so heavily tied to online and cloud saves, I could like it.
@Reeneman I agree in the cars are run of the mill at best.
@Reeneman I agree, these options don’t make headline news but they are quite big additions to the game!
I am boarding the boat of people clamoring for an offline version as well. My internet was being worked on sporadically through the weekend and it kept booting me from races. My other qualm is that you have to go through multiple different menus to tune/purchase an item. It should be easier to jump from tuning/parts purchasing/painting/etc. It's just unnecessarily complicated. Besides that, I am loving the hell out of this game.
@captainsandman to be fair, having a Gran Turismo game that isn't unnecessarily complicated would be flying in the face of GT's very core 😂 they pretty much champion it as a selling point now! I do agree that it would make our lives much easier, however.
Done the 3 new events at Spa. The one hour one was boring, too easy as the ai plays dumb in the rain again. I was hoping for a lot of new races, not 3
@SoulChimera can you share the loophole please?
I've been called a Gassho before.
@SoulChimera Nice. Will try this later tonight, thanks for posting.
@Dr-M Google tomahawk 600pp. It's a little long for a PushSquare post.
Here you go:
Augh - I have a deadline next Monday.
Must not download... "Checking out" a GT7 update always becomes a 5hr gaming session for me 😅
Looks like this is one of those games that I'll pick up a couple years down the line when it's feature complete. Unless they don't remove the "always online" thing of course.
@SoulChimera nice one. I love the fact that people don't take long to find another loophole.
I couldn't be bothered with the Tomahawk complicated credit grind. Instead I race the Le Mans 8 lap race that nets 845k for a clean race with the Ferrari F430, only takes 30 minutes per race. The cars fuel load will only last 2 laps, but as long as you switch to Intermediates or Wet on the first stop and then back to Soft for the others you'll be fine plus you'll only have time to race 7 laps so only need to refuel for half a tank on the last stop and should still win by at least 30 seconds. No major modifications needed. Easy.
What it needs is better odds at getting decent prizes from the daily challenges. At least in GT Sport you would get a new car each time
@VatoLoco47 those stupid roulette things? I already know which one it's going to land on before it starts spinning.
It's the lowest amount of credits or the car part. Not once has it, for me, landed on anything else. These things always annoy me. The odds should be 1:5.
@MattBoothDev Yep those annoying things, it's always the worst prize of the bunch
Tap here to load 32 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...