Like any role-playing game, you're going to want to raise your level as quickly as possible in Horizon: Zero Dawn. Each time you level up, you'll get a new skill point which can be spent in the game's skill tree, as well as a bunch of XP which will contribute towards your level. Levelling will also increase the size of your health bar.
Horizon: Zero Dawn Guide and Walkthrough
- Horizon: Zero Dawn Walkthrough - Quests, Side-Quests, Errands, Best Ending, Bandit Camps, and Cauldrons
- How to Get All Allies to Join Aloy in Horizon: Zero Dawn
- How to Get the Shield-Weaver Outfit in Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Horizon: Zero Dawn Tips and Tricks All Beginner Hunters Should Know
- How to Fast Travel in Horizon: Zero Dawn
- How to Find All Horizon: Zero Dawn's Metal Flowers
- How to Find All Horizon: Zero Dawn's Ancient Vessels
- How to Find All Vantages in Horizon: Zero Dawn
- How to Find All Banuk Figures in Horizon: Zero Dawn
What's the fastest way to level up in Horizon: Zero Dawn?
Honestly, it sounds so obvious, but the best way to increase Aloy's level in Horizon: Zero Dawn is to complete as many quests as possible. Main Quests will sometimes reward you with Skill Points as well as lots of XP, while Side Quests can be equally generous.
It's worth remembering that while you're completing quests, you'll also very likely be earning XP for combat. Stealth can be a good way to maximise your XP intake, but also try to tear off larger robots' armour for big injections of experience points. If you're facing human adversaries, then aim for the head, as you'll get extra XP for a headshot.
Another good way to ensure that you're levelling fast is to embrace each random combat encounter that you enter when navigating the open world. If you avoid fights with the many machine that litter the landscape, then you won't be earning XP for these battles, and you may find yourself underlevelled later on. If you're having trouble in combat, then do refer to our six hints and tips to help get you started.
Embrace the hunt, Hunter – it's the best part of the game after all.
Looking for a list of quests? Check out our Horizon: Zero Dawn walkthrough. If you want to know how to get all allies to join Aloy for the best ending, then refer to our guide through here. We also reveal all of the Power Cell locations for the Shield-Weaver outfit, and also drop some Horizon: Zero Dawn beginner's gameplay tips. If you're not sure how to fast travel, then we show you how to unlock unlimited fast travel in Horizon: Zero Dawn. Finally, we can help you find all Metal Flowers, Ancient Vessels, Vantages, and Banuk Figures.