Fast travel is not a throwaway action in Horizon: Zero Dawn. While you can hop around the open world, leaping from one bonfire to another, the system is gated by Fast Travel Packs which can either be crafted or looted. If you don't want to worry about your supply of Fast Travel Packs then you can also unlock unlimited fast travel via the Golden Fast Travel Pack.
Without further ado, then, here's how to fast travel in Horizon: Zero Dawn.
Horizon: Zero Dawn Guide and Walkthrough
- Horizon: Zero Dawn Walkthrough - Quests, Side-Quests, Errands, Best Ending, Bandit Camps, and Cauldrons
- How to Get All Allies to Join Aloy in Horizon: Zero Dawn
- How to Get the Shield-Weaver Outfit in Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Horizon: Zero Dawn Tips and Tricks All Beginner Hunters Should Know
- How to Level Up Quickly in Horizon: Zero Dawn
- How to Find All Horizon: Zero Dawn's Metal Flowers
- How to Find All Horizon: Zero Dawn's Ancient Vessels
- How to Find All Vantages in Horizon: Zero Dawn
- How to Find All Banuk Figures in Horizon: Zero Dawn
How to fast travel in Horizon: Zero Dawn
Bring up the map by pushing the touch-pad and browse to a bonfire that you've previously discovered. Assuming that you have a Fast Travel Pack and there's no story-based reason blocking you from teleporting across the map, then push the R2 button and you'll be good to go.
You can find Fast Travel Packs on the bodies of bandits and in treasure chests, or you can craft your own. Of course this can become an expensive habit as you progress through the game, so you may be wondering how to unlock unlimited fast travel.
How to unlock unlimited fast travel in Horizon: Zero Dawn
You're going to want the Golden Fast Travel Pack in order to get around the world without worrying. This can be purchased from most Merchants outside of the prologue area, particularly in and around Meridian. It costs 50 metal shards, one fox skin, and ten fatty meat, so not too pricey in the slightest really.
Purchase it from the 'Resources' section of your chosen Merchant's inventory, and you'll never need to worry about a Fast Travel Pack again. Hooray? Hooray!
You're probably using fast travel to collect all of Horizon: Zero Dawn's collectibles, eh? Well, here's where to find all of Horizon: Zero Dawn's Ancient Vessels. We've also got locations for all Metal Flowers, Vantages, and Banuk Figures.If you're looking for a full Horizon: Zero Dawn walkthrough, then click through here for a full list of quests, side-quests, and errands. Also, you can learn how to get the Shield-Weaver outfit and how to get all allies to join Aloy for the best ending.