What GTA 5 cheats are in Grand Theft Auto 5? Cheat codes are sadly a bit of a rarity in this day and age. There was a time when virtually every game under the sun launched alongside a list of convoluted button prompts allowing you to unlock secret costumes, exciting items, and, if you were really lucky, brand new gameplay mechanics. But while this has fallen out of fashion in recent years, Rockstar Games has managed to keep the trend alive. And, as a consequence, Grand Theft Auto 5 is stacked to the brim with GTA 5 cheats that should maximise your enjoyment as you explore the sublime city of Los Santos, regardless of whether you're playing on PS5, PS4, or PS3.
All cheat codes in Grand Theft Auto 5 embedded below must be entered during gameplay. Any directional inputs must be submitted using the d-pad, and it’s worth noting that turning on a cheat will disable Trophies. Should you save your game with a cheat active, digital trinkets will be disabled on that file forever, so be careful when you’re prancing around like a lunatic with explosive bullets.
If you're looking for more on GTA 5, then you can check out our full GTA Online guide through the link, which should help you to get to grips with Rockstar's open world. You can also find more GTA cheats, including GTA 3 Definitive Edition: All Cheats, GTA Vice City Definitive Edition: All Cheats, and GTA San Andreas Definitive Edition: All Cheats.
GTA 5 Cheats: All Cheat Codes in Grand Theft Auto 5
In this guide, we're going to reveal all GTA 5 cheats and how to input them.
GTA 5: Ammo and Weapons Cheats
GTA 5 is undoubtedly an extremely enjoyable title as it is, but there are a number of cheats embedded into the experience that will really enhance your entertainment. These include explosive bullets, a fast run option, and more. Enter the codes below to tune the adventure to your tastes.
- Explosive ammo rounds: Right, Square, X, Left, R1, R2, Left, Right, Right, L1, L1, L1
- Explosive melee attacks: Right, Left, Square, Triangle, R1, Circle, Circle, Circle, L2
- Fast run: Triangle, Left, Right, Right, L2, L1, Square
- Flaming bullets: L1, R1, Square, R1, Left, R2, R1, Left, Square, Right, L1, L1
GTA 5: Wanted and Gameplay Cheats
There are occasions where you may find yourself under the so-called cosh in GTA 5, and you’ll need to employ all of your gaming skills to emerge victorious. Alternatively, you could just turn to a cheat code or two. These tips will definitely help you out of a pinch in a hurry.
- Slow motion aim: Square, L2, R1, Triangle, Left, Square, L2, Right, X
- Recharge ability: X, X, Square, R1, L1, X, Right, Left, X
- Lower wanted level: R1, R1, Circle, R2, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left
- Raise wanted level: R1, R1, Circle, R2, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right
GTA 5: Fun Cheats
Perhaps you’re not particularly interested in empowering your protagonists, and just want to have a spot of fun in the Los Santos sun. There are cheats for that in GTA 5, too, including the option to transform your vehicles into Dancing on Ice competitors and the ability to provide your hero with a very nasty hangover.
- Drunken mode: Triangle, Right, Right, Left, Right, Square, Circle, Left
- Slippery cars: Triangle, R1, R1, Left, R1, L1, R2, L1
- Change weather (input multiple times): R2, Square, L1, L1, L2, L2, L2, Square
GTA 5: Vehicle Cheats
Finding the right kind of vehicle can be a laborious task in GTA 5, so why not have the one that you want shipped straight to your feet. By inputting the cheat codes embedded below, you can access a cornucopia of slick supercars, helicopters, and, er, aeroplanes. Why bother planning the perfect robbery, when all you need to do is tap a few buttons?
- Spawn Buzzard: Circle, Circle, L1, Circle, Circle, Circle, L1, L2, R1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle
- Spawn Caddy: Circle, L1, Left, R1, L2, Square, R1, L1, Circle, Square
- Spawn Comet: R1, Circle, R2, Right, L1, L2, Square, Square, Square, R1
- Spawn Duster: Right, Left, R1, R1, R1, Left, Triangle, Triangle, Square, Circle, L1, L1
- Spawn Limo: R2, Right, L2, Left, Left, R1, L1, Circle, Right
- Spawn PCJ-600: R1, Right, Left, Right, R2, Left, Right, Square Right, L2, L1, L1
- Spawn Rapid GT: R2, L1, Circle, Right, L1, R1, Right, Left, Circle, R2
- Spawn Sanchez: Circle, Square, L1, Circle, Circle, L1, Circle, R1, R2, L2, L1, L1
- Spawn Stunt Plane: Circle, Right, L1, L2, Left, R1, L1, L1, Left, Left, Square, Triangle
- Spawn Thrashmaster: Circle, R1, Circle, R1, Left, Left, R1, L1, Circle, Right