Which starting gift should you pick in Demon's Souls? This is a new addition to the PlayStation 5 game, bringing it more in line with the Dark Souls titles. When choosing a character class, you'll now also be able to pick a starting gift to take on your adventure with you. You'll find many of these items as you play through the game, so your selection won't have a huge impact on your experience. Nevertheless, as part of our Demon's Souls guide, we're going to recommend which starting gift you should pick. For more information, refer to the following: Demon's Souls: Which Class Should You Pick?
Demon's Souls: Which Starting Gift Should You Pick?
There are a total of 10 starting gifts for you to pick in Demon's Souls, ranging from weapons to health items, equipment, and much more. A full list of all Demon's Souls starting gifts, with explanations, is included below:
- None: If you're looking for an extra challenge, or you're a bit of a purist, then you may want to begin your adventure with no starting gifts at all.
- Augite of Guidance: You can drop the Augite of Guidance on the ground and use it as a kind of marker to help map out your journey.
- Grass Jelly: You can use Grass Jelly to recover your health over time.
- Elixir: Much like the Grass Jelly, you can use the Elixir to temporarily boost your stamina recovery rate.
- Bright Water: Consume the Bright Water to temporarily recover your MP over time.
- Providential Ring: The Providential Ring improves your overall Luck statistics when equipped, thus improving overall item discovery.
- Kunai: The Kunai is a throwing weapon that has poisoning attributes.
- Fire Bomb: An explosive item, you can use the Fire Bomb to destroy large groups of enemies with one carefully placed throw.
- Soul Remains: The Soul Remains can be used to distract enemies, thus allowing you to get the jump on them in attack.
- Fire Arrow: A traditional arrow with fire properties, thus increasing the damage you'll inflict.
You can't really go wrong with any of the starting gifts, but depending on which class you select, these can give you a boost at the beginning of the game. For example, if you choose the Knight — which has quite a low Luck attribute — then we'd recommend you pick the Providential Ring to make up for it. You may also want to pick the ring if you're going for the Platinum Trophy (See Also: Demon's Souls: All Trophies and How to Unlock the Platinum). If you're planning to use the Hunter, then maybe go for the Fire Arrow. And the Soul Remains can be a good choice if you want to play as a Thief.
Have a think about which class you're picking and what it specialises in, and then select a starting gift that will complement your playstyle at the beginning of the game.
Which Demon's Souls starting gift did you pick? Check out our Demon's Souls guide, and then let us know in the comments section below.