- Number of Players
- 1 (Single Player)
- Release Date
PlayStation Plus Extra (Subscription)
- 21st Mar 2023
- 21st Mar 2023, $29.99
- 21st Mar 2023, £24.99
- Also Available On
- Controller Support
- Official Site
Developer Awaceb created Tchia as a love letter to its native home of New Caledonia. Though the game itself is set on a fantastical archipelago, it draws deeply from its real-life counterpart in terms of environment and story. It feels really genuine as a snapshot of the culture; its story is heavily rooted in the territory's...
- More Details
Accessibility data by Family Gaming Database
PS5, PS4 physical versions announced
Day one PS Plus Extra game Tchia has been played by more than one million players across PS5, PS4, and PC, studio Awaceb has today announced. Its release onto Sony's subscription service will probably make up a significant portion of that player base, but sales on the PS Store and across PC will have contributed...
Like and subscribe
Shuhei Yoshida, Sony's Head of Independent Developer Initiative, is in the business of indie games, and he isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Such was the case with the colourful Tchia, which he took for a spin, assisted by Awaceb game director Phil Crifo and host Sarah "Snaxan" Carlos. The trio traipse around the idyllic...
Plus bug fixes and polish
Tchia developer Awaceb has today pushed a new update for the PS5 version of the chill, island explorer that adds 60fps support. It's available to download now and clocks in at 225MB, which brings the game up to version number 1.008. You can also look forward to further polishing and bug fixes, as well as fixes for crashes...
Time to unwind
The gorgeous-looking Tchia is only hours away, and we got one final glimpse of the scenic adventure title in a gameplay deep-dive trailer. The trailer looks at different aspects of the game's setting and mechanics, some of which have been detailed previously but are collated here nicely. We enjoyed Tchia, and in our review, we wrote...
Time to do everything
We’ve already pretty well established that Tchia looks genuinely incredible, and it’ll be available to download at no extra cost for PS Plus Extra and PS Plus Premium subscribers starting next week. You may be wondering how difficult the Platinum Trophy will prove to unlock, then – and it’s probably going to take you...
The release of soothing tropical adventure game Tchia draws ever closer, casting off on PS5 and PS4 on 21st March. Today's trailer shows off the many ways in which you can customise Tchia and her boat, as well as an Analogue Photo Mode, which is a really cool inclusion. In addition to street threads and accessories, you can wear traditional...
Find some time to unwind
Tchia is an open-world exploration inspired by the unique culture and geography of New Caledonia, and we got a new trailer looking at the relaxing ways players can unwind in between adventures. Challenge shooting range records with your trusty slingshot, try and beat the clock in time attack-style races, compete in diving...
Link could learn a lesson or two
While the colourful world of Tchia is one predominantly of exploration, relaxation and sick ukelele jams, there will be moments where a more direct approach is required, as we learn in a new gameplay trailer. The primary antagonists are the Maano, mindless minions brought to life by Meavora from pieces of wood and...
Ocarinas are overated
The gorgeous-looking Tchia launches on 21st March, on both PS5 and PS4, and today we got a new trailer looking at yet another gameplay system. This time, Tchia's impressively intricate ukelele mechanics are in the spotlight. The ukelele is integrated into open-world exploration and the story itself, used for performing Soul...
Island life is free
Following in the footsteps (paw prints?) of Stray, Sony has announced its second PS Plus Extra day one title will be Tchia. It launches on 21st March 2023, and you'll be able to play it that same day with an active membership to the service. The news was accompanied by a trailer, which you can check out above; it's all about t
Join Tchia on her tropical open-world adventure as she sets off to rescue her father from the cruel tyrant, Meavora, ruler of the archipelago. Climb, glide, swim, and sail your boat around beautiful islands as you explore a physics-driven sandbox. Face the fabric soldiers created by Meavora in open encounters where your creativity gives you the edge. Take control of any animal or object you can find, make new friends and jam on your fully playable Ukulele. A poetic coming-of-age story inspired by New Caledonia.
- SOUL JUMPING: Tchia's special gift lets you take control of any animal or object you can find. With over 30 animals and hundreds of objects to choose from, fly around as a bird, explore the ocean as a fish or dig for treasures as a dog! Use your unique soul-jumping abilities to explore solve puzzles, and uncover secrets.
- EXPLORATION & TRAVERSAL: Jump and glide your way across a vast archipelago and use the Tricks system to perform cool stunts and dives. The free climbing mechanic lets you ascend anything in the world without restriction including any physics-driven tree. Take to the ocean waves, and sail your customizable boat across turquoise lagoons and dive around coral reefs and shipwrecks.
- COMBAT & ENCOUNTERS: Face the Maano: mysterious enemies spawned from pieces of wood and fabric. Keep moving, improvise, and use all of Tchia’s abilities to come out on top of those intense encounters. You can also put your skills to the test by tackling mystical challenges in the Totem Shrines.
- STORY & MUSIC: Take Tchia on a heartfelt adventure and meet a diverse cast of characters inspired by New Caledonian cultures. Fully animated cutscenes voiced in traditional language will punctuate your journey while an original orchestral score infused with local sounds creates a unique and immersive world.
- UKULELE: Just jamming by yourself or playing alongside other inhabitants of the archipelago, your fully playable ukulele will be a trusty companion throughout the game. Use it at key story moments during rhythm sections, or play unlockable melodies at any point in the open world to trigger special events such as attracting animals, triggering rainfall…
- CUSTOMIZATION & ITEMS: Stylize Tchia’s clothing and boat with hundreds of unlockable cosmetic items ranging from a traditional look to the most over the top options. You will also unlock useful and fun tools along the way such as a flashlight, slingshot, compass, camera...
- NEW CALEDONIA: The world of Tchia was inspired by New Caledonia, A tiny island in the Pacific Ocean, homeland of Awaceb's co-founders. Inspiration was taken from the rich and varied local landscapes, cultures, music, languages, folklores and traditions and was used to create a fictional world and to tell a universal story for all to understand and enjoy. The characters are voiced by local talent in traditional languages, and subtitled in many languages including English, French, Russian, Chinese, German, and more.