- Number of Players
- Single Player
- Action, Adventure
- Release Date
PlayStation Plus Extra (Subscription)
- 21st Mar 2023
- 21st Mar 2023
- 21st Mar 2023
- Single Player, Indie, Open World, 3D, Family, Cute
- Controller Support
- Official Site
- Also Available On
Review Tchia (PS5) - Unique Island Adventure Is a Joyful, Creative Playground
Developer Awaceb created Tchia as a love letter to its native home of New Caledonia. Though the game itself is set on a fantastical archipelago, it draws deeply from its real-life counterpart in terms of environment and story. It feels really genuine as a snapshot of the culture; its story is heavily rooted in the territory's...
About The Game
Join Tchia on her tropical open-world adventure as she sets off to rescue her father from the cruel tyrant, Meavora, ruler of the archipelago. Climb, glide, swim, and sail your boat around beautiful islands as you explore a physics-driven sandbox. Face the fabric soldiers created by Meavora in open encounters where your creativity gives you the edge. Take control of any animal or object you can find, make new friends and jam on your fully playable Ukulele. A poetic coming-of-age story inspired by New Caledonia.
- SOUL JUMPING: Tchia's special gift lets you take control of any animal or object you can find. With over 30 animals and hundreds of objects to choose from, fly around as a bird, explore the ocean as a fish or dig for treasures as a dog! Use your unique soul-jumping abilities to explore solve puzzles, and uncover secrets.
- EXPLORATION & TRAVERSAL: Jump and glide your way across a vast archipelago and use the Tricks system to perform cool stunts and dives. The free climbing mechanic lets you ascend anything in the world without restriction including any physics-driven tree. Take to the ocean waves, and sail your customizable boat across turquoise lagoons and dive around coral reefs and shipwrecks.
- COMBAT & ENCOUNTERS: Face the Maano: mysterious enemies spawned from pieces of wood and fabric. Keep moving, improvise, and use all of Tchia’s abilities to come out on top of those intense encounters. You can also put your skills to the test by tackling mystical challenges in the Totem Shrines.
- STORY & MUSIC: Take Tchia on a heartfelt adventure and meet a diverse cast of characters inspired by New Caledonian cultures. Fully animated cutscenes voiced in traditional language will punctuate your journey while an original orchestral score infused with local sounds creates a unique and immersive world.
- UKULELE: Just jamming by yourself or playing alongside other inhabitants of the archipelago, your fully playable ukulele will be a trusty companion throughout the game. Use it at key story moments during rhythm sections, or play unlockable melodies at any point in the open world to trigger special events such as attracting animals, triggering rainfall…
- CUSTOMIZATION & ITEMS: Stylize Tchia’s clothing and boat with hundreds of unlockable cosmetic items ranging from a traditional look to the most over the top options. You will also unlock useful and fun tools along the way such as a flashlight, slingshot, compass, camera...
- NEW CALEDONIA: The world of Tchia was inspired by New Caledonia, A tiny island in the Pacific Ocean, homeland of Awaceb's co-founders. Inspiration was taken from the rich and varied local landscapes, cultures, music, languages, folklores and traditions and was used to create a fictional world and to tell a universal story for all to understand and enjoy. The characters are voiced by local talent in traditional languages, and subtitled in many languages including English, French, Russian, Chinese, German, and more.
Wow, no comments yet... why not be the first?
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...