- Number of Players
- 1 (Single Player)
- Release Date
- 30th Mar 2023
- 30th Mar 2023
- Also Available On
- PSVR Support
- PlayStation VR2 (Optional)
- Controller Support
- Feature Support
- Official Site
Welcome to the Jüngle
Games exploring the contemporary world of online order fulfilment work were inevitable, but we pictured they’d hit harder and have more to say than The Last Worker does. Playing as the last human employee picking packages to be delivered for a retail monopoly named Jüngle, the real-world parallels are obvious and the setup...
Scathing first-person cultural commentary The Last Worker is primed and ready for dispatch, ahead of its scheduled delivery on 30th March. The title – coming to PS5 with full, optional PSVR2 support – promises a narrative adventure centred upon “humanity’s struggle in an increasingly automated world”. The press release...
Consumerism up close
Update: Wired Productions has confirmed there’ll be no PS4 version of The Last Worker. It sent us the following statement: “Last-gen was considered early in the development process but, apart from a single trailer that incorrectly featured a PS4 logo, the focus since the start of this year has been to make the best PC,...
The Last Worker is an immersive narrative adventure centered around a lone worker’s last stand in an increasingly automated world, The Last Worker is a unique blend of work simulation and stealth strategic gameplay.
The game is set in a lonely, oppressive but strangely beautiful environment, with characters designed by comics legend Mick McMahon.
Kurt works for the world’s largest retailer and is forced to choose between capitalism or activism. Having dedicated his life to work, Kurt’s loyalty is put to the test when a group of activists ask him to dismantle Jüngle from the inside.
Aboard his corporate issued flying JünglePod and armed with his multi-purpose JüngleGun, Kurt dispatches countless products from a fulfilment centre the size of the sunken city of Manhattan.
Kurt (voiced by Ólafur Darri Ólafsson) has dedicated his life to Jüngle, with only his co-bot, Skew (Jason Isaacs) to keep him company. But when S.P.E.A.R., a group of activists, asks Kurt to help dismantle Jüngle from the inside, Kurt is forced to discover his employer’s dark underbelly.
The Last Worker delivers an emotional, thought provoking and inspiring story with rich characters performed by an all-star cast starring, Jason Isaacs, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Clare-Hope Ashitey, David Hewlett, Zelda Williams and Tommie Earl Jenkins.
Play on your TV or PS VR2!
- A story worthy of the big screen - A collaboration between writer/director Jörg Tittel (The White King, Ricky Rouse Has a Gun) and VR pioneers Wolf & Wood (A Chair in a Room: Greenwater, The Exorcist: Legion, Hotel R’n’R).
- Miles of gameplay - Hours of narrative, immersive gameplay in a giant hand-crafted environment.
- A true original - Unique gameplay mechanics seamlessly interwoven into a narrative unlike any other.
- AAA Casting - Rich characters performed by an all-star cast in a story filled with heartfelt drama, biting satire and intense action. Starring Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Jason Isaacs, Clare-Hope Ashitey, David Hewlett, Zelda Williams and Tommie Earl Jenkins.
- Player Choice - Multiple endings decided by an epic moral dilemma.
- A unique look - Hand-painted 3D characters and environments based on concepts by comics legend Mick McMahon (Judge Dredd, 2000 AD)
- Emotional score - Composed by Oliver Kraus (Sia, Adele, Florence and the Machine), with vocals by classical music star Jakub Józef Orliński